• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which two characters would make the best team?

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Me & Green Mario going double Mario is the best team =)
I always wanted to play a match against Green Mario. He use to play against a friend of mine who went to FSU all the time. No offense but he's gotta be my favorite Mario player. I haven't seen much of your Mario actually...but your Bowser is Legend....that Aside I Imagine Mario ditto's would be quite useful especially since you can save each other when needed.

DJ Nintendo

Smash Champion
No offense taken. Alot of people would choose Green Mario over me as their favorite Mario since his Mario is a technical combo beast lol. I'm all about mindgames, mindgame combos, and setups. So I'm kinda boring to some lol.

Me & Green Mario had a teams money match at a tournament last summer. The tournament was called FAST1 and it was in Florida. Did you see that set? If not, here are the matches.

Match 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-D4VjSI-OU
Match 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmVPlDbv6UA
Match 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNH-MIdLqBw

Green Mario was in New York a few weeks ago, so he definitely went to la casa de DJ and we played teams again. We beasted even more that time lol. If it weren't for me teaming with WarriorKnight for Genesis, it would've been me & Green Mario. Although we're gonna be teaming for alot of teams money matches over there. I can't wait =)

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
No offense taken. Alot of people would choose Green Mario over me as their favorite Mario since his Mario is a technical combo beast lol. I'm all about mindgames, mindgame combos, and setups. So I'm kinda boring to some lol.

Me & Green Mario had a teams money match at a tournament last summer. The tournament was called FAST1 and it was in Florida. Did you see that set? If not, here are the matches.

Match 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-D4VjSI-OU
Match 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmVPlDbv6UA
Match 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNH-MIdLqBw

Green Mario was in New York a few weeks ago, so he definitely went to la casa de DJ and we played teams again. We beasted even more that time lol. If it weren't for me teaming with WarriorKnight for Genesis, it would've been me & Green Mario. Although we're gonna be teaming for alot of teams money matches over there. I can't wait =)
Nice. Kyle's a savage Mario and your a very controlled Mario. I's like the 2 of you fill each other voids in team matches. I had no idea you had teams matches at Fast1. I saw all of the singles and none of the Teams. I'll have to look the rest up. These where good though. I was wondering. Is it possible to Overdose on DJ's?

DJ Nintendo

Smash Champion
Yep. Thats why we're both good for each other to team with =) We even had to fight each other in singles tournament for FAST1. DJs is too good. There's no possible way of overdosing yourself. It'll keep you healthy hardbody lol. There's also a new DJs called Omega DJs. Omega DJs is Tropicana Healthy Heart with Omega-3. Everyone should drink both for maximum health and DI ^_^

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Yep. Thats why we're both good for each other to team with =) We even had to fight each other in singles tournament for FAST1. DJs is too good. There's no possible way of overdosing yourself. It'll keep you healthy hardbody lol. There's also a new DJs called Omega DJs. Omega DJs is Tropicana Healthy Heart with Omega-3. Everyone should drink both for maximum health and DI ^_^
I use to drink Tropicana all the time. I think I'll start drinking again. I did notice my recovery and DI ability seemed greater in the past however I assumed I was just lucky. I think I'll pick some up...but I'll give some Walmart Employees a hard time. I'm going to go around asking them where I can find DJs.:laugh: I can't wait to see how pissed they get.

MarioMariox2

Smash Ace
NNID
KunehoKun
3DS FC
0748-3131-6459
Me & Green Mario going double Mario is the best team =)
I think a Mario and a Doc is best, cause Mario has his combos, and megavitamin-induced Mario has KOs.

But yeah Mario is too versatile :D

WAHOO HOOHOO YAHOO AYHO!

DJ Nintendo

Smash Champion
Regular DJs is Tropicana Antioxidant Defense. Its one of the toughest Tropicana juices to find. Its tougher to find than Omega DJs. So its definitely rare. I can find it easily since I have a sensor for it lol.

Smash Master
Double Fox is the best. Shine gimping will give you at least one free stock against Marth, other Spacies, and CF; and the good recovery high tiers besides Sheik are floaty enough to die really early from up-Smash/uair. It's also a lot harder to extend combos with two more players in the picture, so Fox's primary weakness is lessened. Fox/Puff is also good because of cancelled Rests, but if Jiggs doesn't get that rest, she's gonna kill late and die early.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Double Fox is the best. Shine gimping will give you at least one free stock against Marth, other Spacies, and CF; and the good recovery high tiers besides Sheik are floaty enough to die really early from up-Smash/uair. It's also a lot harder to extend combos with two more players in the picture, so Fox's primary weakness is lessened. Fox/Puff is also good because of cancelled Rests, but if Jiggs doesn't get that rest, she's gonna kill late and die early.
Wall of Pain is generally pretty effective in teams too, it allows jiggs to get early kills without rest.

defsithe

Smash Ace
marth/peach
marth/fox
fox/falco
shiek/marth

isai/ anyone. seriously. doesnt matter who. not a character but still worth mentioning.

Nø Ca$h

Smash Champion
NO, I HAD AN EPIPHANY! its marth and link. they basically controll SO much space its not funny.

in all seriousness, its nearly impossible to calculate the best team. too many **** possibilities.

@Aesir: Thats among the coolest avatars ive seen on SWF. i didnt know there was people on the boards w/ the same taste in music as me. b^.^d

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Ness/ICz = best team in the world

If Wobbles/Chu ever teamed with simnda(I forgot how to spell his name >_>) I'd be ****ing bricks.

Blizzard heals ALL DAI!

Nø Ca$h

Smash Champion
ness and ic? ur right, having the abilty to molly wop someone is really intimadating.

dont get me started on ness. some people have big heads from birth defect. but nesses head is naturally big, and thats just a **** shame.

EDIT: dont take that the wrong way. i was mostly kidding

UberMario

Smash Master
Kirby & G&W.
Copy G&W, and use chef on his Oil Panic,
then let Mr. Game & Watch OHKO your rivals!
Kirbycide the stragglers

PB&J

Smash Hero
fox falco is the best team in the game to me and double fox

not too good but double falco is godly lambchops + shiz made this team ..but i think fox shiek destroys too

fox jiggs is good but shieks dies quick son

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Yeah, but Fox's painful, fast combos are totally in another league.
They're sweet, but since they're onstage, they're easier to interrupt, Jiggs death-comboing people off-stage is a lot harder to stop in teams. That and rest being an auto-kill on grab makes him my prefered teammake. Overall, I'd prefer Marth on this team with Jiggs, but Fox/Jiggs is still exceptionally powerful.

Stev

Smash Ace
Can people actually give reasons why rather than just listing combinations of top/high tiered characters? So far the only real tangible thing taken from this thread is that jiggs is great in teams because she can save her opponent, stall, and get saved from lag after using rest.

Iggie

Smash Rookie
Cliche Marth and Roy?

I know that's who me any my brother usually are when we do team battles o.o
But then again, Melee is on my shelf gathering dust ;-;

voorhese

Smash Master
i think:
fox/jiggs
marth/sheik
jiggs/sheik
fox/falcon
fox/sheik
marth/falcon
falco/ sheik

edit (reasons):
fox/jiggs: fox has the up kills, and shinespikes, puff has amazing off stage fighting ability, aswell as saving fox off the edge, both characters have good spacing if done correctly, puff can use wop on bottom floor, while fox spams lasers on panels for funzies,puff and fox are both good in team, the best imo

marth/sheik, falcon/marth: does this really need explaining?, we have all seen a good sheik/ marth, and c.falcon/marth team

jiggs/sheik: idk this one is just kool to see, sheik and puff have good/easier combos, and combined they **** off stage and on

fox/falcon: awsome combos, gimps from fox, the thing about teams i want to keep into consideration is also the fact that if you did like fox/falco, they could go double marth and counterpick both characters, so i try to keep 2 characters, that no one character can counterpick them both, so that if they counterpick one of the team members then your other one counter pick them..... for instance in this matchup marth counters fox, but falcon counters falcon. falco counters both, but lasers are spammed less in teams, so you dont laser your partner.

fox/ sheik: great combos, both amazing at gimping, the one problem i feel from this team is that they really cant help eachother off the edge like falco could or jiggs could, the only reason im not putting to many falco in my list, is because i dont like him, and im kinda bias then, but falco is good in teams also

falco/ sheik: basicly same as fox/sheik, another thing i like to think about is, how good the character will do agaisnt 1 character while his friend is busy, because if i play falco in teams im not gonna laser a lot, because it may hurt my partner, so i think falco loses a little spacing in teams, other than that i think this is a pretty solid team

ps: i really didnt put this in order, i dont think it matters, its more about the players anyway

Top Bottom