• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which retired smasher do you want to see again?

strawhats

Smash Master
m2k and pp are gonna play this weekend. So I think we'll be able to judge if he's been practicing. Hope Winter Game Fest streams friendlies b/w. m2k and mango.

The_Doug

Smash Ace
Nice thread topic and read. I feel honored to get a mention :-) Off topic of course I fall into the category of "Not that great anymore", but that won't stop me from trying to win.

Also the term "retire" is ubiquitous and overused in smash. You'll always see people post "retirement" after such and such a tournament.

Ken - For the obvious reasons. These days when someone does a f-air, f-air, d-air combo it is pretty cool to see but not what it used to be when it was crowd silencing, jaw dropping, and even awe inspiring like it was to me in 2002. Ken was without a doubt the hype player of his day, but he could also silence a crowd as he was often the ultimate villain at a tournament too; how easily we forget.

Sastopher - Need to get a game off of this guy... just one! He probably had the most awkward and frustrating style to play against, perhaps comparable in ways to HBox, who a lot of smashers just don't like to play against, but it makes you feel great when you win a game. That style combined with Sas's minor trash talk among other intangibles made him an absolute menace to play against.

KrazyJones - Solid player who was incredibly consistent for his day. In my mind he was the main reason why the EC won the first regional crew battle.

MattDeezie, Recipherus, Scamp - Old school Norcal players. Very good, especially at teams, in their hayday. It saddens me when I tell the tales or give history lessons in smash and when I mention one of these names all I get back is a look like a dog that has been shown a card trick.

but if I could only choose one... Azen. A hero to many, me included. You could just tell he brought that something else special to the game that no one in smash had brought before, but he only did this when he wanted to. Also I've always wanted to team with the guy, albeit friendly or competitively, for over 8 years now.

Ryucloud

Smash Journeyman
A Place Where *****s Are Real=Rhode Island BABY!!!
Ken hands down like I feel like everyone who seen ken play at evo 2007( I know it was a preety long time ago ) still feels like KKen could Just comback and **** again def not comback over the titains now like mango dr.pp armada mew2king hbox but you never know he could be training with osamabinladin as we speak he def on that MIA status

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
this thread needs more dope and blood of the fallen (omar) love.

yall gay.

The Doug's mad cool tho. <3

Also current m2k is significantly better than 2007 m2k. the difference then was people sucked waaaaaaaay more in 2007 so he tapped harder.

ADA//Peach

Smash Rookie
common Isai .. F** legend he invented captain falcon
i would like to see Ken too

and of course . Da shiz . i didnt see nothing new about him . he plays some times . i know but not like before .

UltimateHaxor123

Smash Apprentice
ken...because no one knows what happened to him after survivor

isai kinda showed up at a norcal tourney last summer

kdj has been showing up to recent tourneys

azen supposedly showed up to a smashfest a few months ago

but where the hell is ken?

samsonites101

Smash Cadet
Ken!!!! Oh how I dream of seeing him at a tournament (or anywhere) someday. I also love Chu's ICs. Both will forever be smash legends.

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
omg, after watching FastLikeTree matches. some1 get me in contact with this guy, i need to talk to this man. he is a legenddddd in my eyes.

THeDarKnesS

Smash Journeyman
Id like to see Melee only M2k, Ken, and PC, Isai, Mango, KDJ come back in full force.

Top Bottom