• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which Pokemon is your favorite out of the three?

Xenomorph_1992

Smash Cadet
Charizard has always been my favorite starter. He is probably stronger than both of the others for being a final form and he also has that gliding ability.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
I like Charizard the best. Not only is he just the coolest of the 3 (IMO), but the fact that he is now playable after being a summon in past games, means that there is hope for Samurai Goroh to be playable in Smash Bros 4.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
charizard definitely. he is amazing and made of pure awesome. though i woulda liked to try charmeleon. ivysaur seems cool tho battlin on all 4s

m0dredus

Hail Hydra
I'm thinkin' Ivy. But I do like Charizard... But how could I forget Squirtle, after all we've been through! (I started with him back when I first played Pokemon). Aw hell, I like all of 'em!

Vicious Delicious

tetigit destruens
Switch FC
SW 0141 8170 9257
Probably Ivysaur. I don't particularly like Charzard, apart from the fact that he can glide. Squirtle is nice as well, but I don't seem as curious about him as Ivysaur. Sorry, but that's what I'm sticking by :p

A couple things I would like to know more about Ivysaur in particular...
*For one, it has a tether Up-B, the only one revealed so far besides Zamus. Zamus' Up-B in battle pulls opponents toward them; will Ivy do the same? In the game it, well, whipped people. But in the anime it was used to pull things as well. I'll be curious to see how this move turns out in the battling sense...

*Bullet Seed. This move was one of the first to prove there would be some anti-air moves as well as normal moves. Sakurai specifically said that aerial combat would be a priority, and to counter it apparently has be been taken into consideration. I'm hoping you can aim with this as well, as you can with the guns in the game.

* Side-B: what is it? I'm hoping for Leaf Blade.

* Movement style. Its the first fighter to move exclusively on 4 legs. How will it look? What will the speed be?

Sooo, Ivysaur is my favorite. I'm looking forward to trying it out.

Uchiha.Sanosuke

Smash Journeyman
Charizard, simply because it is big and awesome and big and awesome and big...and orange.

Squirtle is cute...the only reason I'm happy he's in is because I remember the "Anti-Lucario, Pro-Squirtle" thread and how it was right on the money.

Ivysaur confuses me.

RedKnight

Smash Ace
I like Charizard the best, and I think out of all of the bulba cycle ivysaur is coolest...venasaur is fat

SSBBKingster

Smash Apprentice
Charazard Crushes all! Squirtle is one of the best though... but my numbero uno is ivysaur just because of a good mix of stregnth and speed

Yaya

Smash Champion
Squirtle, he's as close to a Mudkip as were gonna get :p I herd u leik them.

On Topic, it would probably be Ivysaur, he's just the most balanced, not so fast that you can't hit them, not so slow they hit you, and not so weak you don't even kill at 100% on average.

fluffasaurus

Smash Rookie
I would have to say Charizad because he seems cooler to me but I do think that Squirtle is cute. I guess I like fire pokemon better.

Hotztuph

Smash Cadet
i'd have to say Ivesaur

Squirtle seems really fast but kinda weak
charzards strong but slow
Ivesaurs right in the middle and i kinda like being in the middle;)

Jumble

Smash Apprentice
i choose you charzard!
charzards strong, and he can fly
i dont think he'll be too slow
he's a dragon.. dragons aren't usually slow
trust me, i've read my fare share of eragon and harry potter books...
i'd go with charzard
of course i'd like to catch them all!

but.. thats another story

P.S. he's strong
so he'll be on top
and i like being on top ;)

pcamtz

Smash Apprentice
I always like the water Pokemon, and Squirtle is not the exception.

I'm looking forward to use him, and I'm curious about his moves. Standard B hasn't been confirmed, has it?, I'm guessing Bubbles :confused:

KirbyCideTwo

Smash Rookie
this one is a really hard one for me because i've been a pokemon fan for so many years but i would have to put ivysaur first partly because bulbasaur is my favourite pokemon of all time and partly as someone already said brawl makes him look awsome.
then there is squirtle and charizard and i can't choose which one i like better. i like squirtle because he is cute and i like turtles and charizard 'caus he is a fire breathing dragon and guess what...... DRAGONS FTW

zestypizza

Smash Cadet
you could favor towards one but it probably wont be a good idea
but that all depends on how long the stamina lasts

kitsuneko345

Smash Ace
*sending Sundance lots of apple pies on Pi Day, as

Engineer Link
&
Phantom Zelda

Explanation of Zelda and Link

Stats

Link

Height:
5​
Weight:
5​
Speed:
4​
Traction:
7​
Jumps:
5​
Air Mv.:
5​

Link's Attacks

Specials

Neutral Special: Bow of Light

Like the Bow of Link and Toon Link in Brawl, Engineer Link's Bow does involve firing an arrow and can be hurled farthest while holding B. However, this is too boring to the people at MYM, so this bow attack has two main differences that help its use in the long run.

First, the Bow can be adjust to hit anywhere in your radius, from straight up to straight down and anywhere inbetween. See someone trying to recover on the left of the stage? Try going to the edge and facing the opponent, then point your arrow from the hour hand anywhere from 6:30 to 8:30 and you're good to go. You can hold the grab button as well to give yourself perfect aim just like the N64 Games, but this costs you 2% out of any bow you fire. You can't just let go of your grab button as well, as only your way of letting go of the item is by letting go of B.

Second, when at it's full charge at 3 seconds, the arrow will glow white, indicating that it's in light mode. This makes the bow you have the ability to pass through opponents, which is not to big of a deal, is it? I mean, all you get in return is the few people behind your first opponent getting the same damage from the arrow. Well, there is one other perk from this move, but I think I should torture you guys into reading the rest of the moveset to find it.

And last but not least, lets talk about the arrow's stats. This lethal weapon can deal 4% at it's lowest setting and 9% at its light arrow status, but of course trying to aim the weapon will deal 2% less damage than usual. Aiming also increases the lag of the move on both ends, which says a lot considering that this move can come out somewhat fast. The knockback and priorty of this move is directly proportional to the damage it deals, which the ranges of bad to good on the knockback spectrum and poor to great in prioty terms. This move can be reflected with certain conditions. Any move that should reflect physical object (Ness' Bat, Mario's Cape) can reflect the uncharged bow. Once the Bow has been charged, It can only be reflected off of anything that doesn't reflect physical objects (Pit's shield, Space Animal reflectors).

Forward Special: Boomerang
Yes the name is already used for the unoriginal Links, but this Link has a different strategy with this move. With our Link, the move will function similarly to the game counterpart of Spirit Tracks. Wait, you are say you didn't play it yet? Then illegelly download it with your R4!!! Or just buy it somewhere.

So here is a basic summary for those that haven't played the game/haven't gotten that far yet. (You can skip this sentence) In Spirit Tracks, you need to tap the boomerang icon out of your weapon inventory, then tap the weapon itself on the top of the screen. The next thing you would do is tap the screen from anywhere. This will make the place you tapped the starting point of your boomerang attack. When you let go of the screen, you will throw the boomerang to that spot, then once it get there, it will automatically return to you. However dragging in any direction will create a yellow line for you that can go the distance of about 100 meters or so. You can twist and turn this line to aim at your opponents corectly, but beware if your attacks hit a wall as you will soon read later. Once you let go, the boomerang will go to your starting point and follow the line as a path. However, when hit with a wall or any other hard object, the boomerang stops its course and comes back at you. Got it? No? Then play Phantom hourglass. It's essentially the same thing.

Like I said, the move is essentially similar in MYM. There are some amjor differences though. The Boomerang's path will always start on your person towards the direction you are facing. You control the line with your control stick, where smashing the stick makes it go faster. The line will disappear to the background after one second so that your opponents and you are forced to remember. The distance of the line is shorten to only one Final Destination distance long. Lastly, your "walls" (the floor you stand on) are limited to any hard platforms and and "hard parts" of soft platforms.

And of course, let us not forget about the boomerang's stats. The boomerang will usually give out 7% damage, but will lessen when ever it hits an opponent by 1%. When the boomerang strays off the path because of a wall or moving stage, the boomerang will deal 5% damage until it goes to the path again. This move will activate when you let go of the B button, and the longer you let the move go, the longer the lag will be. The lag varies from none to about 1.1 seconds on both ends. Knockback is near non-existent with this move, but it stops your movement when in the air for half of a second. Priorty is lacks all around and only gets slightly worse with each hit. This move can be reflected, but the path is reflected as well, making Link unable to get his boomerang until it hits a wall and goes backs or it finishes.

Up Special: Whip

Oh no! This Link's Up Special is not the Spin Attack! It's not a true Link, so therefore it's a joke se... I'm tired of teven attempting this horribly bad joke. Still if you are peeved about this, remember Link never gained any height with those spin attacks! However, Link did gain some ground with the whip in Spirit Tracks, so there!

When used in the air or on the ground, Link will throw the tip of the snakelike whip upwards. With the tilt of the stick to the left or right, you can change the tip of the whip's direction at the beginning either slightly forward or backward. Once the tip reaches it's maximum height at about a half of FD high, a crack will appear to indicate the pokeball-sized hitbox. After the initial hit, the whip will act similar to Shiek's Chain, except that is slightly longer and the only hitbox is the tip. The tip of the whip does have some different functions. When it goes near an item or a character with an item, the item will then be passed onto yourself. The problem is that the item will activate it's main function once grab so hope you do not get a bomb. The second function is that characters that aren't "crackwhipped" will be grabbed. Unfortunately, you can only hold onto the grab for a second and only do pummel, but the good news is you can EnLinkcise if opponents try to kill you off stage. Lastly, you can recreate the whip crack by moving the stick in any direction, then smashing the stick in the exact opposite direction. Unfortunately, you can't recreate the whip attack again if you smash the stick in the opposite direction right after you did a smash attack. Oh, and it's a tether recovery attack that goes about the distance of Samus's laser whip, even though nobody likes tethers.

The whip's stats, anyone? Let's see here... With the whip's crack the damage given is 7% with good knockback and slight to notable lag. The Whip's hitbox at this point is that of a pokeball and the priority of the whip at this time is medium. When not in the crack mode, the whip only does 1% with no knockback and no notable lag in movement. The hitbox is the same in this attack, but the priority is high as it automatically locks on to items and characters to grab. This move can't be reflected in any way, shape or form. The biggest concern is moving the whip, as the tip of the whip can't move that very fast, taking about 3 seconds to go for one side of FD to the next.

Up Special: Warp

This move is somewhat easy enough to visualize, but hard to explain for me in detail. So here goes nothing... This move comes in two parts, both vital to help you recover. The first part can happen anywhere on the stage you feel like, but the second part needs to be up in the air.

For the first part of the move, Zelda will release a Phantom Eye of her own color. The Phantom Eye will usually stay in place to where it was chosen, with one exception. If an opponent passes through the eye, our little friend will latch onto that person like the gooey bomb. In fact, if that opponent passes with another opponent or even yourself, the eye will stick to the other person. The only way to get rid of the eye on your back is not move your control stick for 4 seconds, a long time considering you'd probably be in the middle of a brawl. Either that or committing suicide. It doesn't matter. After that, the Eye will move back to its original position on the fixed camera screen.

The second part of the move is easy enough to understand. Press Down B up in the air, and you teleport to where your eye is instantaneously. It doesn't matter if it's in the middle of a platform, next to an opponent, or right behind you. Yeah you can see the problems with this right. That's why they is a secret to this move. If you press Down B while on the ground, The eye will automatically come to your spot and stay there until someone passes the eye again. With this extra feature, the opponent will have to find a way to get Zelda off the stage and with the eye attached to her to make her unable to recover. A difficult task to accomplish, but still possible if done correctly. But of course the opponent can always just physically continue hindering her off the stage, right? No, as Zelda can easily use the Up B in the air to get slightly above your location and footstool you opponent. Surely this move requires more thinking for opponent, something that can't happened often in the game of brawl.

Yes, I know that it feels awkward with this as the Down Special instead of, say, BOMBS! But hey, it's my moveset and would like to be unique in that aspect. Besides bombs will come later on as another move that I think is more appropriate. Also, FYI this move was originally part of Zelda's moveset, but due to my overall laziness that most of you probably note I have decided that this is the best way to tack on this move.

Standards

Jab:

Dash Attack:

Forward Tilt:

Up Tilt:

Down Tilt:

Smashes

Forward Smash:

Up Smash:

Down Smash:

Aerials

Neutral Aerial:

Forward Aerial:

Back Aerial:

Up Aerial:

Down Aerial:

Grab & Throws

Grab:

Pummel:

Forward Throw:

Back Throw:

Up Throw:

Down Throw:

Zelda's Attacks

Specials

Neutral Special: Torch

Forward Special: Wrecker

Standards

Jab:

Dash Attack:

Forward Tilt:

Up Tilt:

Down Tilt:

Smashes

Forward Smash:

Up Smash:

Down Smash:

Aerials

Neutral Aerial:

Forward Aerial:

Back Aerial:

Up Aerial:

Down Aerial:

"Grab"

Grab:

Oh No! A move thats has the same name as Link's and Toon Link's Forward smash! Surely because this is another Link, then I shouldn't read this as it will be a blatant copy of that move, no matter what. That is probably what you are all thinking at this point when you read the name of the move. I will of course type out that this is not the case, but you probably won't read this and think that this move is the absolute worst out of all of the moves I'll make. You'll also think that this isn't much to say considering this is officially a carbon copy of Link and therefore is the worst moveset ever for being so blatantly smash. I would describe the move in detail on how it's similar and different to Toon Link's, but you will only see the similarities in this move and declare to everyone no to read this as it's is a poorly written joke set. No matter what, you won't appreciate this moderate moveset because you are only interested in the best of the best and surely you won't even vote for this "atrocious moveset". And all this from this one move. I congratulate you guys for making a Icicle Mountain out of Resetti's Molehill. Still I'll continue this moveset, so I'll congratulate anyone who read this whole paragraph not in disgust, but the retrospect on how some of you guys have become and in laughter from remembrance on previous days.

Sorry about that little rant. My bipolar side came in and I feel too lazy to delete all of this. Anyways, y

MirageofMadness

Smash Journeyman
I will probably enjoy all of them, but so far Squirtle and Ivysaur seem the most interesting to me, just because they were the first playable characters revealed to have any elemental moves that weren't ice or fire-based. I think the only other water-move that we've seen is Mario's FLUDD, and Ivysaur is so far the only PC that has plant/grass abilities.

EPX2

Smash Ace
Charizard, simply because he was one of the two Pokemon I'd wanted to see in Brawl (the other being Meowth, who's since been confirmed to return as a Pokeball Pokemon). Funnily enough, I'd resigned myself to thinking that while Meowth had a fairly good chance of becoming a playable character, Charizard was nothing more than a pipe dream. Though I supported him, I "knew" that he had very little chance of surpassing past the Pokeball item. Funny how things played out... you can imagine my shock and excitement at seeing the Pokemon Trainer update.

Top Bottom