• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which Pokemon is your favorite out of the three?

Dreiko

Smash Journeyman
Charizard....i love his taunts , his gliding and flamethrower...and hit fiery personality :D.

PiSToLZ

Smash Lord
Mains- Lucario, Falco, and Meta Knight Seconda
I think squirtle is not your best choice because he is the fastest, but he has hardly any power. Charizard is powerful, he can fly, and he is slightly fast. He is the best. I've played brawl as pokemon trainer so i would know. Ivysaur is ok but i dont use him constantly only a little. Whatever it comes to i know i am maining with pokemon trainer but if you look at my name i am also maining with sonic toon link and lucario as well.

Ken34

Smash Journeyman
I think squirtle is not your best choice because he is the fastest, but he has hardly any power. Charizard is powerful, he can fly, and he is slightly fast. He is the best. I've played brawl as pokemon trainer so i would know. Ivysaur is ok but i dont use him constantly only a little. Whatever it comes to i know i am maining with pokemon trainer but if you look at my name i am also maining with sonic toon link and lucario as well.
um, actually squirtle is quite strong, his fair and bair can kill...

Kuroneko

Smash Apprentice
Squirtles the type of character you can take home to mom.
I agree. First off, about 5 people in my neighborhood got Pokemon Red when pokemania started getting big, while I chose blue. Of course they did Charmander, I did Squirtle. He's my best friend~

Brawl wise, I normally like faster charcters, and from what I've seen Squirtle has the edge.

Ken34

Smash Journeyman
um, actually squirtle is quite strong, his fair and bair can kill...

Leahdybug

Smash Journeyman
I agree. First off, about 5 people in my neighborhood got Pokemon Red when pokemania started getting big, while I chose blue. Of course they did Charmander, I did Squirtle. He's my best friend~

Brawl wise, I normally like faster charcters, and from what I've seen Squirtle has the edge.
I got both but I choose blue and picked charmander. Fire FTW! I also usually picked fire starters cuase there wasnt many fire pokemon in games. That and I love em. They all look great together, espically ivy but i still want charizard the beast

-Knux-

Smash Ace
To be honest, I like them all about the same. That's why I love the concept of switching them every so often. I can keep the opponent on their feet with a fresh new character.

PukeTShirt

Smash Journeyman
Ivysaur is quickly becoming a favorite of mine. His vines have nice long reach, his neutral B can rack around 30-40% without any possible resistance, and he KOs OK also. The recovery is his only drawback, but its still not bad

infernovia

Smash Ace
Sometimes, that trainer looks like a character in FFA. That jerk made me miss a few kills that way.

Anyway, Charizard atm.

Dreiko

Smash Journeyman
Charizard is more all around better, great survivability , good dmg (not as great as bullet seed) from flamethrower and at least 4 main KO moves that are GOOD ko moves (up and side smash, up special in the air and side special). Squirle lacks KO moves for low %s..even his up smash only does it for 120% and up and it comes out slower than both of the other poke's...but is really mobile and he rocks for getting the smash ball, ivisaur is a huge powerhouse with bullle3d seed doing like 50% with each use and i KO with him from like 70 but he tends to easily die above 110% and it's sorta hard to land your Ko moves if people expect em.

So all in all , Zard > squirle=ivisaur for me.

Pubik Vengeance

Smash Journeyman
I usually use Squirtle at the start. Then, if my opponent is close to getting knocked, I'll switch to Charizard, but if I am close to being knocked out I'll go Ivysaur.

My favorite probably goes Squirtle, then Charizard, then Ivysaur, but I am starting to like Ivysaur a lot more.

thebombguy

Smash Rookie
I think Squirtle is the best of the three. I used Pokemon Trainer for about 14 hours so far, and got a fair bit of use out of each of the pokemon. Ivysaur is the best for racking up damage and can be used for good comboes and chain-grabs in the right stages. Charizard is slow, but he's really powerful, especially Rock Smash, though I've heard some people really put that move down, mainly because it's hard to time. He's also got good recovery, which is my favourite of his skills. Squirtle is fast, wall clings, intense down-smash, good up B, good over B, and deceptively useful neutral B make him a force to be reckoned with. In short, it depends on what sort of player you are, but the real trick to using Pokemon Trainer is a good combo of Squirtle and Ivysaur, because Charizard doesn't really fit in with the kind of fighting they deliver. After I played with PT for a while I had to give up, because as much fun as he is, my friend already mastered Sheik, who looks to be top tier already, even according to KillaOR. I picked up Dedede afterwards...

Anyway, I guess my answer to the initial post is that Squirtle is the best.

Pokizard

Smash Cadet
After using Pokemon Trainer for a week, I'd have to go toward Charizard. Squirtle is great to annoy and surprise your opponent, Ivysaur is good for beating up the opponent with vine whip, BUT CHARIZARD HAS IT ALL! It really isn't like me to go towards a heavyweight, especially with his weird speed problems, but something about him really works with me. I'm usually a Kirby/Luigi/Sonic guy, but Charizard just tops all those characters. He's also been my favorite Pokemon since I knew him. He's also been an inspiration to my username. (PokiZARD ChariZARD. -.-)

wakka444

Smash Ace
OMG Charizard is too freaking good, as terrible a character as he might actually be hes ****ing charizard, nuff said.

On a side note PT's pokemon should've been charmander charmeleon and charizard but i might be a little opinionated>_>lol

Bendu

Smash Journeyman
I love Charizard. Charmander is my favorite Pokemon of all, so I love the entire evolutionary line by extension. Next would be Squirtle. Then Ivysaur.

I should get better with Ivysaur though, I've been relying on Charizard and Squirtle much more in battles.

Polostick

Smash Apprentice
ivysaur in 1v1 charizard in free for all. squirtle if i am tring to run away/stall time or if i can't use my down b

hoopspr226

Smash Journeyman
Ivysaur. For sure.

By the way, I've noticed most of you think that Ivysaur is the balanced one of the trio, and many have called him useless. I have to disagree here.

I think the majority of you must be playing him incorrectly because he has easily the best kill potential of the three. Both his up air and up smash are insane KO moves.

(Sorry if this has already been said. I didn't feel like reading through 16 pages of text.)

blubomber17

Smash Apprentice
Holy ****, this topic's still around?

Cool.

After playing extensively with him, I still say Zard's the best.

FishkeeperTimmay!

Smash Ace
SQUIRTLE!

When I first got Blue, way back in the day, I choose him first because I loved how cute it was. I also have a natural weakness for the element of water. When he evolved into Warturtle, I was kinda disappointed....

Then I saw him evolve into the massive tank with cannons! I was hooked on that starter ever since!

Gosh I love Pokemon. ^^

Jebin_Zedalu

Smash Cadet
Out of the game? Charizard.

In the game? I can't even come close to choosing. I love them all. D:
It's fun to fly all over the place beating people around with a hyperactive turtle.
It's fun to pull a trump card on EVERYTHING the opponent does using a fat little dinosaur with a flower on its back.
And it's fun to smash people off the stage while being **** near unsmashable myself using a huge orange fire-breathing dragon. D: Also fun pinning them to the ground and breathing fire into their face. That's just badass.

Top Bottom