• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which Pokemon is your favorite out of the three?

Renufus

Smash Apprentice
I always liked using Charizard as my starter pokemon in the old school games, even back when he couldn't use ANY flying-type moves. And of course, I built my pokemon card deck around Charizard before they came out with all the expansions and I couldn't keep up.

Having said that, Squirtle is my favorite to use in this game, plus he's just darn cute.

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
For me, it's like: Squirtle>>Ivysaur>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Charizard

~_~

My Charizard sucks...

Exovel

Smash Ace
I LOVED Charizard in the Red/Blue days. Charmeleon is my favorite pokemon of all time. Of course, I've only played Red and Blue... the rest are a bit beyond my time.

As far as the game goes... I have a lot more success with Ivysaur and Charizard, but I find Squirtle to be the most fun to use. So, I'd say...
Charizard > Squirtle = Ivysaur

Sheers Man

Smash Rookie
I personally like Ivysaur the most, I love the 'Saur line, always have ever since I started out with Bulbasaur in Red.

And Ivysaur has some really good moves, Bullet Seed racks up damage well and his up smash is excellent.

yule4

Smash Rookie
I've been thinking about my decision for 5 min now.. i can't decide.. i'm going with all of them..
Squirtle=Ivysaur=Charizard!
on a sidenote, i do however start each 4-stock match with squirtle.. and i use pokemon for a whole stock most of the time.

potshot

Smash Rookie
I'd have to go with Ivysaur. There's nothing like racking up a quick 60% while your opponent is helpless. His Fair isn't too shabby either.

Squirtle_Squad

Smash Rookie
interesting as all these replys have been i cant believe that anyone really likes someone other than squirtle I mean come on, hes so cute!

f1r3 3mbl3m

Smash Cadet
Ivysaur's Neutral B will knock a person next to it in the air at the begining of the move, to get hit by the bullet seeds. Ivy rocks, Squirtle's good, and Charizard is okay-ish. I can't really get the hang of Char, he's too slow for my liking.

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
I've been practicing with Charizard a bit, and now he's my second favorite.

So now it goes Ivy>Charizard>Squirtle. Squirty feels like a faster-but-unable-to-fly version of Jiggs. :/

The_Court_Jester

Smash Cadet
Ivysaur is ownage. Squirtle is cool. Charizard is meh but I've learned how to do some juggling, fairing, and FSmash spammage with him {<.<}.

Medic

Smash Cadet
Charmander is my favorite Pokemon of all time. However, in Playability, I love Ivysaur and his throws of annoying succession. This is followed by a tie between Squirtle beatdown and Charizard, who both are surprisingly good if one chooses 'Pokemon Trainer' instead of a specific Pokemon. It's a good idea, even though it sounds bad. It helps with learning them.

RednaXale

Smash Apprentice
Ivysaur: extendable grab, damage stacking, powerful up A (i like to up A dash...) and Charizard is next in line.

Acid_Wolf

Smash Cadet
I really have had a burning dislike for pokemon since I stopped liking it after age 12. However pokemon trainer has made me realize something: Ivysaur is amazing. Every single other pokemon I still strongly dislike. Bulbasaur, Venosaur they both suck too. Ivysaur's Brawl appearance has made me make him my third main after Toon Link and Wolf. He has what is potentially the strongest up smash in the game. His up b can sweet spot for some nice knockback. Like you all have said, he is on the only quadrapedal character in Brawl... His b is epic...able to cause a surprising amount of damage and hard to DI out of. Yep Ivysaur is a beast, all other pokemon can get back in their pokeballs and stay there. Of course if your a pokemon fan, there's nothing wrong with that, this is just my opinion.

tmbjr

Smash Cadet
Ivysaur...particularly for his Usmash, his aerials, and BULLET SEED!!

Charizard is my secondary among Red's pokémon. Why? He's Charizard that's why!!

I've never been too good with Squirtle. I can rack up a fair bit of damage with him, but his finishers are too weak for my tastes. I avoid using him, and if I'm forced to via stamina drain or charizard being KO'd, I just weaken the opponent a little and then switch to Ivysaur for the finish.

Vael

Smash Rookie
Ivysaur is definitely the best of pokemon trainer's pokemon. I would prefer just to stay him for the entire match. But, since that tends to be impossible, I also somewhat use squirtle.

Ferro De Lupe

Smash Lord
My favorite: Charizard
My best: Ivysaur

Seriously... Ivysaur is great if played right. I'm learning Charizard so I have a second one to play as, but I doubt I'll learn Squirtle. I'll just switch back to Ivysaur when Squirtle is forced out.

BDawgPHD

Smash Ace
My best and my favorite is Charizard....I don't know, I suck with Squirtle, and my Ivysaur isn't stellar, plus she lacks a wiener. Charizard is just a beast, and I have a lot of favorable matchups with him.

Top Bottom