• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which Pokemon is your favorite out of the three?

blubomber17

Smash Apprentice
I'm a bit torn between Charizard and Squirtle, but I guess I'd have to lean more towards Charizard. I've always like the "heavy" characters. I sure as hell don't like Ivysaur, though... he looks useless, unless his Nuetral B is any good. I like Squirtle becase he's obviously a speed type, and looks to have the best Specials, and Charizard is just bad-ass; he looks to be able to dish a lot of pain and still have a good recovery.

Seiya

Smash Journeyman
Ivysaur. He just looks cool and plus he's on all four legs :D Unlike Pikachu...who runs on all four but stands on two.

Btw your sig of Megaman is awesome @_@

blubomber17

Smash Apprentice
@ Seyia: Heh, thanks. I actually got it from one of the elite members here in an introductry thread. >_>

I fail to see what's so great about Ivysaur, especially since his Neutral B is for the air game. However, it's real tough to make any real opinions on him, simply because PT is the character with the LEAST amount of info revealled on him. -_- (By that, he's never in screenshots, wasn't playable, only in one trailer for about 2 seconds...)

verditude

Smash Journeyman
Charizard, Squirtle, Ivysaur in that order, although it's really close. between them all.

SJAK47

Smash Journeyman
I like Squirtle. I guess I've always like the speed type or Water-types.

Pyr0

Smash Ace
I know most people are going by logic and all, but we don't even know yet if

"Squirtile = Speed , Ivysaur = Balanced, Charizard = Heavy"

It might not be like that, so lets all just remove such comments on that ok?

EDIT: Charizard shall rule for eternity!

SJAK47

Smash Journeyman
I know most people are going by logic and all, but we don't even know yet if

"Squirtile = Speed , Ivysaur = Balanced, Charizard = Heavy"

It might not be like that, so lets all just remove such comments on that ok?

EDIT: Charizard shall rule for eternity!
Well, yeah, we only assumed that they have those traits. But just by looking at their forms, they seemed to fit them nicely.

mickeyk90

Smash Apprentice
funny how when you relate to real life it would be
Squirtle = turtle = slow
Ivysaur = plant = not mobile
Charizard = lizard? = fast

blubomber17

Smash Apprentice
Mm, sorta. More specifically:

Squirtle = Squirrell + Turtle = Fast and slow.
Ivysaur = Ivy + Dinosaur = Slow/Non moving.
Charizard = Charcoal + Lizard = Fuel for fire and fast.

Hm. Well, I guess it's size that factors in more than anything.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
I fail to see what's so great about Ivysaur, especially since his Neutral B is for the air game. However, it's real tough to make any real opinions on him, simply because PT is the character with the LEAST amount of info revealled on him. -_- (By that, he's never in screenshots, wasn't playable, only in one trailer for about 2 seconds...)
Well, the criteria you're using to judge the pokemon doesn't favor Ivysaur. From a strictly "who's going to be easiest to win with" stand point, Ivysaur may not be the best option, but I'm sure that's not why people like him.

Personally, Ivysaur is ABSOLUTELY my favorite of the three, purely because I legitimately like him as a pokemon, and he looks like a breath of fresh air compared to the other two pokemon. He may technically be the most useless in a Smash battle, but I genuinely like him regardless of his moveset or statistics. He was my favorite the day PT was revealed.

But on the technical note, I fail to see why anyone likes Charizard. Based on the very limited information released about him, he seems slow, and his Rock Smash attack looks utterly useless. He's the one I'm least excited about.

blubomber17

Smash Apprentice
Well, the criteria you're using to judge the pokemon doesn't favor Ivysaur. From a strictly "who's going to be easiest to win with" stand point, Ivysaur may not be the best option, but I'm sure that's not why people like him.

Personally, Ivysaur is ABSOLUTELY my favorite of the three, purely because I legitimately like him as a pokemon, and he looks like a breath of fresh air compared to the other two pokemon. He may technically be the most useless in a Smash battle, but I genuinely like him regardless of his moveset or statistics. He was my favorite the day PT was revealed.

But on the technical note, I fail to see why anyone likes Charizard. Based on the very limited information released about him, he seems slow, and his Rock Smash attack looks utterly useless. He's the one I'm least excited about.
I can respect that. I'm guessing my bias against Ivysaur hasn't helped my opinion towards him.

As for Charizard, the reason people are flocking for him is because he'll obviously be the strong one, he can glide, meaning he SHOULD have a good ^B, and Pock Smash will probably be really powerful, just with a small hitbox.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
I can respect that. I'm guessing my bias against Ivysaur hasn't helped my opinion towards him.
Eh, there's no getting around certain biases. If Venasuar were in Ivysaur's place, I know I wouldn't be supporting it no matter how unique a quadraped may be. That thing's ugly. >_>

As for Charizard, the reason people are flocking for him is because he'll obviously be the strong one, he can glide, meaning he SHOULD have a good ^B, and Pock Smash will probably be really powerful, just with a small hitbox.
I guess that's fair. I just really can't get into slow characters. Rock Smash in particular seems like a bad move based on how slow I imagine it being in my head, but it may in fact be much quicker (after all, I'm basing this on a screenshot). Or even if it's not, super armor may help it out.

Once the game comes out, I guess we'll see if an Ivysaur can take down a Charizard. :p

DragoonFenix15

Smash Apprentice
Squirtle is more likely Squirt + Turtle, not Squirrel XP Even if he does have a fancy tail.

As for me, I prefer Ivysaur. He's so unique among everyone else, and I'm a sucker for Grass-types.

Tyrannotaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Tyrannotaur
3DS FC
1075-0952-5696
Charizard for me. I will be using him the most.

Turtles aren't as slow as people perceive them. I have one named Squirtle (Ironic, no?), he's a cooter. He is pretty fast when he wants to be. In the water he is really fast. Tortoises on the other hand are the slow ones. Alot of people don't realize that though. No they aren't the same thing.

Mario161

Smash Cadet
Charzard all the way... By far the coolest of any pokemon! Also the best (for me).

CommanderGrit

Smash Apprentice
@ Seyia: Heh, thanks. I actually got it from one of the elite members here in an introductry thread. >_>

Uhm, not only do we know over half of the pokemon trainer's special moves, but we also know his final smash. Zelda, on the other hand, is the character with the LEAST amount of info revealed. All we have is her profile.

to answer your question, IVYSAUR!!

LoserNumber2

Smash Apprentice
charizard all the way, charmander was and still is my favorite pokemon, and thats as close to charmander as i am going to get.

squirtle and ivysaur are still sexy though

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Kinda torn between charizard and squirtle at this point, They both look like crazy fun to play.

Draenic gamer

Smash Cadet
Squirtle because he evolves into Blastoise! Honestly, how can you not like NATURAL huge water cannons? I'd take 'em in a sec!

blubomber17

Smash Apprentice
Uhm, not only do we know over half of the pokemon trainer's special moves, but we also know his final smash. Zelda, on the other hand, is the character with the LEAST amount of info revealed. All we have is her profile.

to answer your question, IVYSAUR!!
Well, out of the Newcomers, he has the least info, next to Wario. :/

LuLLo

Smash Ace
Squirtle definitly, I've liked and picked him since the first game on GBA...
As for Charizard, I like badass characters, and come on, to smash your head against a rock just to do damage to opponents is REALLY badass...
Ivysaur sucks....
Too bad Blastoise isn't in, that's my favourite of all Pokémon...

Top Bottom