• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which Pokemon is your favorite out of the three?

Cerulean_Charizard

Smash Cadet
Even though I do like the other regions' starters, the Kanto starters are the best! XD

As for my favourite... *points to user name* Fairly self-explanatory, but I also love Ivysaur and Squirtle too! Squirtle was my favourite when I'd first heard of Pokemon as well as being the first Pokemon I actually saw. Plus, Ivysaur is my favourite out of the Bulbasaur evolution line.

Brawleri

Smash Journeyman
Bulbasaur=Badass, and favorite starter
Ivysaur=More badass, i love him!

Ivysaur is my favorite, i just seem to like grass pokemon the best to me.
Squirtle and Charizard are on the shared 2nd place. Fire and water are a good combination.
I like fast water pokemon, plus a heavy fire pokemon dragon is a good add :)

PT= Awesome

ripman3

Smash Journeyman
im really excited about all three, but i think my play style will make squirtle my favorite (lighter, faster).

I WANT MORE INFO IN POK'EMON TRAINER!!! GAAAH!

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Probably Squirtle. I always used him as my starter...

Pkaz01

Smash Cadet
Squirtle for life. He became my favorite pokemon after he joined that gang in the cartoon lol. Then he became my second when I started like Alakazam.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Aaah, I actually like all three of them...

Squirtle is cute, I love turtles, and I love water.
Ivysaur is so different and unique, it's one of the characters I'm most excited about playing because I wonder how he'll work... hopefully lots of tackles and such. I don't like the idea that Sakurai seems to make him use the leaves as blades...
And Charizard... well, I was never that fond of Charizard ( WATER > FIRE BIZNATCH ), but he does look pretty **** cool in Brawl. And he'll be interesting as well. Not quite a Ridley, but somewhat close.

I think Squirtle will be the balanced one in this equation... I can't see him moving very quickly, but he'll probably have fast moves and a bunch of projectiles to boot, not to mention Withdraw! I think he'll be rather similar to Mario.

Ivysaur seems to be an anti-aerial fighter with his bullet seeds and up-b vine whip... he should have lots of range, and I could imagine him running quite fast on the ground, with some quite decent power behind some of his grounded moves. His aerial game shouldn't be that great, except maybe for some short-hopped moves... and he ought to have a bunch of projectiles as well. So, I kinda see him like Link. Good range, good ground game, some projectiles.

And Charizard will probably be a bit like Ganondorf. Good in aerial combat, with nice range and good power, mostly slow moves.

IllidR

Smash Champion
I always LOVED Squirtle so I have so say he definitely is. I wish by some odd chance Sakurai decides to put in a costume where he has his sunglasses from the show.

linkrulezz

Smash Cadet
Charizard! he rulezzzz
but now charizard is a playable pokemon that means charizard wont come in a pokeball
right?

PolarisJunkie

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PolarisJunkie
3DS FC
0361-7305-7321
Always and FOREVER Squirtle. He is my favorite Pokemon since I started liking the franchise around when it came out in '97. Sorry, but nothing buts the blue turtle in my eyes. I can't wait to main him.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The first pokemon that I started with was a Squirtle, but only because my favorite Pokemon is Blastoise.

Out of those 3, it would probably be Charizard...Though only by a bit more than Squirtle

Gerudo Warrior

Smash Master
i just can't wait. my Yoshi is gonna get some serious down time. he will not be happy.

i just can't wait till get a good grasp on all of them and how they all play.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Always and FOREVER Squirtle. He is my favorite Pokemon since I started liking the franchise around when it came out in '97. Sorry, but nothing buts the blue turtle in my eyes. I can't wait to main him.
Let's hope you can.

Ivysaur looks kinda promising already. Look at them pretty vines.
Plus, he seems to be using them while running, which suggests that these are not his up-b vines, perhaps? Hmmmm.

RedKnight

Smash Ace
Charizard then a tie between the others, I just love them (also, im positive that charizards up B will be that Seismic toss thing from the anime, it would be so cool too

Black/Light

Smash Master
Hummm, I would have to play PT in order to make a true Fav for smash:p

I would have to say that. . . Squirt or Ivy would be my favs from the looks of it.

Ivy is the first FULLY 4 legged character to make it into smash so thats coo. Squirt lookts to be the fastest of the gang and I like speed. Char will be useless to me if he doesn't get more FIRE moves than flame thrower:ohwell:

RedKnight

Smash Ace
Wouldnt it be cool and completely unrealistic if you had to evolve PT's pokemon? Like start with Squirtle Bulbasaur and Charmander and eventually end up with Blastoise Venasuar and Charizard or any combination of the evolutions.

Dark Meta-Knight

Smash Apprentice
Eh, all of them really. Ivy for when the situation gets into the air, Squirtle for ground, and Charizard for everything I guess.

Luigi player

Smash Master
Squirtle was my favourite Pokemon in the first gen... but he got kinda boring because he's so weak and so I'd have to evolve him anyway. Mewtwo became my new fave one... because it's the strongest... or was...

Anyway, I'm not sure, I think it's Charizard, because in the Pokemon games he'd be the strongest of the 3. I hate it how Smash is only involving some crappy pre evos. Pikachu would never ever even have a chance against Mewtwo even if he's 30 level higher... but maybe I'll like Squirtle, because he probably won't be as weak as in the real Pokemon games. ^^

Charizard > Squirtle >> Ivysaur (he's strange... the first smash member that doesn't stand straight... (even Pikachu does))

Chill

Red
BRoomer
I like them all really. Ivysaur just a bit more than the others but Squirtle and Charizard look like a lot of fun to play too.

ssbmaster2007

Smash Journeyman
Yes, although I don't really get why it's Japanese name is Lizardon, hinting that it's a lizard, because even if, technically, he isn't a Dragon by type (he's Fire/Flying. :/), he is by appearance, that would have to be one awesome lizard. :p

But no, I think of it as a flying, fire breathing dragon, last I checked lizards aren't able to breathe fire!

Anyways, on topic. As you might guess if you notice my sig before reading the message my favourite is Charizard, it is my 2nd favourite Pokémon of all time, it, for a while, was my favourite, but the 4th generation introduced me to my new favourite Pokémon: Lucario.

But Lucario is the one and only Pokémon I like more than Charizard, and is my most wanted character for Brawl, which, after over 2 years, hasn't been confirmed to be playable in brawl through all the time it's been being developed...

But Charizard had been my second most wanted playable character for brawl, so I'm thrilled that he's in, that was a happy day that 13th of August, I'll be plenty satisfied if just Charizard is in and Lucario isn't, though both being playable would be great.

But I'm thankful, honestly I didn't think Charizard would ever be playable, that dying hope actually came true despite the fact that he has always appeared in Poké Balls in the two previous installments, I am quite shocked, as I was with Snake, he'll be a cool character.

I think this is good, this isn't replacing an other character, it shares a spot with the PT, a character that is like 3 in 1, yet only takes up 1 spot on the character select screen, and can swap between those three Pokémon characters he uses in midst of brawls to take advantage of situations.

Night Avenger

Smash Journeyman
All of them rock but I think it's somewhat like this:

Ivysaur, Charizard, Squirtle.

I'm not saying Squirtle sucks. He rocks too but I like the other 2 better 8D.

ssbmaster2007

Smash Journeyman
Same here, I'll probably use both of the other two more than Squirtle, the little water type turtle just wouldn't have enough power for me, since in Melee, I'm really good with Ganondorf, many devastating attacks, and I know when to use them, hope he returns in Brawl.

I wish I could see a gameplay video of Pokémon Trainer in a battle and using Charizard so I have some bit more of an idea just how slow his movement and attacks are, and what they're like.

One of the things I kind of like about Charizard is how he takes orders from nobody. I just watched this video (a Charizard Tribute): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fp0o7GZVg30

For anyone who doesn't already know why I said that charizard takes orders from no one, that video should about sum it up.

I guess we'll just have to wait 52 more days to see how Charizard (and the others) fight, I find that the other two would be quite awkward to fight with, Charizard is the only one that I can picture fighting, it's his thing, torching stuff with flamethrower attacks, and in the Anime, that may also include his trainer. XD

Or, at least I hope it is only 52 more days until SSBB launches, I really hope stuff about it possibly being delayed until March doesn't end up becoming true, although it would only be a month more, I just don't want it to repeatedly get short delays over and over, last delay was barely over 2 months, there could be another one...

HipsterKid

Smash Ace
I'd have to say Squirtle and Ivysaur equally.
I've never really had a strong liking for Charizard.
I have, however like Squirtle for a long time.
I picked him first back in Pokemon Blue.
I picked Bulbasaur back in Leaf Green.
I've never chosen Charizard. I definitely don't like him much.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
Squirtle easily!

One of his costumes had better include him with sunglasses on :O

Top Bottom