• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which characters compliment Kirby?

Atria

Smash Journeyman
lol@atria.

If someone broke into my house I would shoot them with my 12 gauge. If they broke my computer I would take out their legs then go to town on them with a circular saw.
WHAT?! YOU'RE STILL ALIVE?! 10WTF's O_O

THE PLANE DIDN'T EVEN KILL YOU??? I thought for sure that you were dead! Especially when the house collapsed on you! This is scientifically impossible! It's everything I've feared: THIS PERSON DEFIES ALL LOGIC! *Gulp* HE REALLY IS INVINCIBLE! :eek:

OH NO HE'S STILL ALIVE! QUICK EVERYONE! CHANGE YOUR LOCATION NOW! I'M SERIOUS! THIS IS SO THAT FALCONV1.0 CAN'T FIND YOU AND THEN KILL YOU ON SIGHT! OH MAN I AM SOOO SCREWED! :( I'M GOING TO DIE!!! AHHHHHH! (Atria flees from Australia)

I knew I should have used my sword instead to finish you off... Man, I was SO STUPID! :mad: Oh well, luckily I USED to live in Australia as this bought me a LOT of time to escape. I guess I have to make a new start and living in my new area which won't be easy. :( To make things worse, I think I'm on Falconv1.0's: 'List of People to Kill' now. :( Sigh what a day. I don't rule anymore... I SUCK! I LET EVERYBODY DOWN!!! :( THIS WAS ALL MY FAULT! :( :( :( Oh well. At least I still have Falconv1.0's $100,000 which I won! BTW, your bank account kindly gave me that money for my supreme (*cough*) battle skills. You know what? I still have it! :p

$100,000 H*** YEAH! :grin:

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
What the crap.

How do you guys make posts less than 10 characters without hiding "invisible" words that blend into the background like: lol 10charz

edit: just spaces? That doesn't work for me :|

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
imo...the 'best' partners for kirby are:
1: Marth- As was said earlier, he has an advantage over GaW and a slight disadvantage over MK. Longer range, quick attacks, and his deadly tip give the team extra killing power.
2: Snake- Effective use of his copy power could let you control the stage well against projectile-less characters...? That, and his high power can get opponents off of the stage quickly, which is a setup for a potential gimp.
3: Olimar- I'll go out on a limb and say that Olimar's great ground game is a good support for Kirby's air game. Plus Kirby can situationally 'save' Oli from being (as) easily gimped because his recovery allows him room to do so. Oli's grabs can also set up for gimps.

is what I said relevant...?

daisho

Smash Lord
I don't think we were talking about doubles, just other characters who can be used to counter kirbys weaknesses (you would be playing as those characters for certain matchups).

Atria

Smash Journeyman
! O_O OHHHH... C***! You found out my true identity! NOOOOO! My cover has been blown off! I'll also bet that this gave it away:

I knew I should have used my sword instead to finish you off...
Atria is MK! MUG HIM/HER/IT!
Atria: "FOOLS! NOW YOU KNOW TOO MUCH!"
*Atria uses TRANSFORM! Atria reveals her true form! Atria transformed into Meta Knight!
Meta Knight: "Oh, I don't think ANYBODY WILL BE MUGGING ME NOW IN THIS FORM!"
Falconv1.0: "I beg to differ. Give me back that $100,000 you b****!"
*Falconv1.0 prepares the 12 gauge.
*Falconv1.0 aims the 12 GAUGE at Meta Knight.
*Falconv1.0 fires a bullet from the 12 GAUGE at Meta Knight.
*The bullet is deflected off Meta Knight's mask.
*The bullet ricochets off Meta Knight's mask in the opposite direction.
*Falconv1.0 is struck by the 12 GAUGE'S bullet. IT'S A ONE-HIT KO!
Falconv1.0: "GAAAHHH! WHY CAN'T I DO ANYTHING RIGHT?!"
*Falconv1.0 dies.
Meta Knight: "Tsk, tsk, tsk. Man, I don't even know why Falconv1.0 bothered to fight me in the first place! :laugh: He ALWAYS manages to get himself KO'd by screwing up somehow. This was his MOST PATHETIC ATTEMPT EVER at trying to kill me because this time, HE KILLED HIMSELF! He did so by trying to kill me in the process! :laugh: AGAIN, he wasted another turn! Shame on him.... (Meta Knight looks toward the ground and shakes his head in shame.) Well, I guess it's my turn. Everybody's futile attempts to mug me WILL FAIL RIGHT HERE!"
*META KNIGHT uses GALAXIA DARKNESS to everyone in SWF.
Meta Knight: "BEHOLD MY POWER!"
*The world grows dark...
*Meta Knight moves at the speed of light striking down everyone in SWF. IT'S SUPER EFFECTIVE!
Everyone: "NOOOOOOO!........."
*Everyone is cut into 1000 pieces.
Meta Knight: "Well, looks like nobody was able to mug me. Even the whole SWF community was against me and not 1 single attack was landed on me! That's just sad... Oh well. Guess I own this place then! Also, I think that I WILL BE DOING THE MUGGING from here on out! Soon, the WHOLE WORLD will be MINE! Yes...soon..."

*Meta Knight wins the battle! The SWF is now yours! Meta Knight wins a grand total of $10,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 from everybody's bank account. That's 40 more 0's added to this total compared to the amount that was won in the last battle! Meta Knight also rises from millionaire to tredecillionaire on the rich list!

To fromundaman: FYI, I changed my signature AFTER I finished that post. Yeah, I WISH I WAS Meta Knight so I can do as Falconv1.0 blatantly pointed out here that...

If Mk was real he'd prolly attack by going ape **** on your face.
IF I WERE Mk, I would go APE on somebody by using my Galaxian sword to cut them up into MANY tiny little pieces the next time someone talks **** about Mk behind his back! You know who you people are...:evil: They wouldn't like it AT ALL when they have the REAL MK to deal with!

Too true...

Twister (the movie) was actually based on Mach Tornado.
Actually, if you go to the Olimar boards and say that, they'll disagree with you because in the movie Twister, they think that the twister was formed by Olimar when he did his Nair. Although, I'm pretty sure that IT WAS MK who caused the tornado to begin with. Also, IF Mk DID catch Olimar in the tornado, that's what Olimar would LOOK LIKE on the inside anyway. (Doing his Nair don't forget!) :p So I think the people from the Olimar boards actually saw Olimar at the time when he got caught by Mk's tornado. However, when they saw him, they THOUGHT that the tornado was caused by Olimar because they saw him doing his "Nair" at the center of it. BUT! technically they also didn't realize at the time that Olimar was in fact "caught" at the center of Mk's tornado. This was because they couldn't see Mk causing the tornado because of how fast he is! :laugh: D*** IT! IT'S A TORNADO FOR CRYING OUT LOUD! WHO WOULDN'T BE SPINNING AROUND WILDLY LIKE THAT?! :laugh:

Atria

Smash Journeyman
Atria you're random.

love the sig
I like being random! Being random is part of my life! It keeps other people from guessing about what I'm going to do next!

...Yeah, DON'T ask me why I'm saying that. I watch LOT of random TV shows. (Eg. South Park, Simpsons, Family Guy etc. The list goes on. But I think they are as funny as HELL!) :laugh: Errr... sorry if I freaked you out in any way. When I feel immature, I'll do stuff like that. Also, that's as far as I'll go when I'm feeling immature: me trying to be funny. Which 90% of the time, it never works out for me, but I can't help it... >_>

That's cool how you liked my sig however Falconv1.0! =D

Umm... Asdioh, WTH?
10 WTH?'s
Meh, I guess it can't be helped. Just one of those weird moments for me I guess... :ohwell: (I think I have a feeling that I MIGHT HAVE taken this the wrong way...)

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
How do people write such long posts? O____o?

I write like one or two sentences and get bored...like this post.....

Atria

Smash Journeyman
How do people write such long posts? O____o?

I write like one or two sentences and get bored...like this post.....
I'm used to writing a LOT of words and being precise with what I say, especially because of the subjects I do at school. Like in Chemistry, if you don't write down how a reaction works completely, I would lose marks for that. With Physics, if you don't write down how a process works completely, (Eg. How an X-ray machiene works.) I'd lose marks for that too. This even applies in Maths B when you work out an answer. You've got to write down all the equations you used to get that answer. If I did this well enough, I'd get good grades for my score AND communication grade on my test results. This applies for assignments too. Technically at the school I go to, you have to always give a good reason for how you got that answer. This helps me to understand new topics too and that I can make sure I know how all processes work precisely. It was hard for me to get used to it at first, but now I know how to do this from the back of my head! I write down everything without having to think at ALL now! (FYI, If I don't know the answer, that's when I HAVE to think.) Although, the 1 subject I still struggle with is English. My punctuation and grammar is good, I just HATE all of that creative writing I have to do. :dizzy: It's REALLY hard for me to come up with a good idea...

Oh BTW Asdioh, I forgot to mention this in my last post: Oh you found out that I was a female! You want a medal or something like that? Lol, I'm just joking. :laugh: I'm being a b**** again...

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Atria... errr... Great Lord Metaknight... I just now saw your other post, and please, on behalf of all of SWF, I beg your forgiveness. Please spare us your wrath!

*Secretly organizes a rebellion composed entirely of Squirtles and FLUDD (Yes, FLUDD is sentient ****it!)*

Olimar is like the cow in the middle of the tornado, only stupider.

Atria

Smash Journeyman
Atria... errr... Great Lord Metaknight... I just now saw your other post, and please, on behalf of all of SWF, I beg your forgiveness. Please spare us your wrath!

*Secretly organizes a rebellion composed entirely of Squirtles and FLUDD (Yes, FLUDD is sentient ****it!)*

Olimar is like the cow in the middle of the tornado, only stupider.
Oh, I don't think you need to worry about me ATM. I think you need to be on the look out for some pain that might be coming your way later... :laugh:

Fromundaman: "Olimar is stupider compared to a cow!"

Well, now that you've stated how dumb Olimar is in comparison to a cow, I think I'll wait for the Smashboards show called "Fromundaman VS the Olimar Boards" since I've got nothing better to do. Hopefully, it should start in approximately 1 hour... *Atria frantically searches the house for some popcorn and starts making a milkshake before the show starts...*

Atria

Smash Journeyman
Atria's sense of humor is beyond me.
Yeah... It's best if you don't think about it. That goes for everyone else around here too. IMO, about 1/4 of my mind is VERY perplexing. The rest is about general knowledge for the subjects I do at school. Like I said, if I'm bored or feeling immature, the worst case scenario that'll happen with me is that I'll try to be funny like what I did in my last post. Again like I said before, it doesn't work 90% of the time for me. So I wouldn't really bother trying to decipher how my mind works. Because of this, not a lot of people understand me and I'm capable of freaking them out if I want to. Especially if I want to be left alone because I don't like being around people much. Not like I can do it to you guys cause you're on the internet. (Although I'll bet I did after you read all of this.) I'm NOT sociable like some of you think I am because a lot of people think I'm odd, even when I'm acting mature and want to have a proper discussion with them. Most of the time, they just ignore me. So, that's why I prefer my own company most of the time. No one take this personally, it just how things are for me around here and I'm used to it. :p

Atria has a sense of humor? I thought she...you know...maybe...like...prodded a caged monkey and used some code to decipher what it meant.
We don't have Monkeys here in Mackay, we don't even have a Zoo here because my area is a desert wasteland. Unlike most other areas, there's nothing interesting to do here. Therefore, I thought of all of this by myself (I think you may be joking, but I just feel like saying this.) because I'm literally bored off my *** during most of the day. I think I might go to sleep now... Zzzzzzzzz....... Oh, before I do, I think this thread has gone WAAAAYYY off topic because of me. So I don't think I'll post anything irrelevant here for a while. Sorry about this mess of a discussion I made everyone. I've been in a bad mood recently and I have been bored for too long... Zzzzzzzz.....

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
lol, at people saying somthing about Atria post. XD

So far I've been trying the Kirby/Ness/Wario combo, but this doesn't help me with Marth or Mr. Game & Watch so I'm just going to figure out who's better for dealing with Marth... Donkey Kong?

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Yeah, DK seems like he'd be good against Marth.

If you can play really well, I don't think you need to change characters against G&W.

Make sure you don't spam this thread though guys...I just received my first warning on this site for "replying to SPAM" by making a single post in the Lucario boards.

So
1. Don't spam
2. Don't post in the Lucario boards, because Lucario boards = spam and replying to posts in the Lucario boards = replying to spam.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=218141 the thread ^_^

Atria

Smash Journeyman
Make sure you don't spam this thread though guys...I just received my first warning on this site for "replying to SPAM" by making a single post in the Lucario boards.

So
1. Don't spam
2. Don't post in the Lucario boards, because Lucario boards = spam and replying to posts in the Lucario boards = replying to spam.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=218141 the thread ^_^
Don't worry Asdioh, that just happened to me too! Also, that's the reson why I've been in a bad mood recently because I didn't think that I'd do anything wrong around here. I've only JUST gotten over that incident now. Honestly, you know those global rules that people new to the site should look at first? Yeah I looked at it, but I stopped after the first rule because it said something like: "Don't post adverstisements etc.". So I thought to myself: Oh, the rest of these rules should be pretty straight foward, but I was wrong. If people could rearrange the rules, I have a suggestion which could probably prevent people in future from making this kind of mistake like you and I did accidentally. (IDK if you already knew whether that was one of the rules or not. I didn't know about it however... :() I look at the Lucario boards everyday, but I can't really find any topics that I want to intellectually discuss with other Lucario players about. So I think I'll stay here for a while as well as occasionally going to the Ike boards. Anyways back on topic...

Yeah, DK seems like he'd be good against Marth.

If you can play really well, I don't think you need to change characters against G&W.
Actually, Marth against DK is fairly even. However, the people from the Marth boards think that Marth should have the advantage. DK has range and power which makes this matchup fairly even however, once Marth gets through DK's range, DK is pretty much screwed unless he can get Marth out of his face again. Also, Marth is does better at edgegaurding than DK. So returning to the stage can be hard for DK. Also since DK's recovery is fairly predictable and horizontally linear, Marth can tipper his Dair more easily on DK compared to other characters. Therefore, it's slightly easier for Marth to meteor smash DK off the stage with his Dair.

For G&W, I can beat him easily ATM with my Kirby. However if ANY of you are having problems against G&W, refer to the following link under the next quote. In that link, I talk about which characters G&W are bad against and why. It's also got other characters too, but I only talked about the ones who G&W was REALLY bad against.

lol, at people saying somthing about Atria post. XD

So far I've been trying the Kirby/Ness/Wario combo, but this doesn't help me with Marth or Mr. Game & Watch so I'm just going to figure out who's better for dealing with Marth... Donkey Kong?

Yeah with those characters you mentioned which you use against G&W and Marth, Marth has got an advantage against ALL of them as well as G&W. However, Wario against G&W is slightly in G&W's favor. Against DK it is fairly even for both Marth AND G&W, but the people from the Marth boards think it should be in Marth's favor when he's against DK. I've already discussed who both of them are bad against in my earlier posts. Marth is at a disadvantage against MK, DDD and Snake. G&W is at a disadvantage against MK, Snake and Diddy. I'll give you the link to it because I talk about some of the main points why Marth and G&W are bad against those characters:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=213593&page=3

Only thing is, I didn't discuss why Marth or G&W were bad against MK because nobody really wants to use MK, but I'll give an explanation if people REALLY want it. Lastly Asdioh, the link above is the one I'm talking about. Refer to it if you wish.

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Lurking the Kirby Social thread with my rock buds.
Um... guys, don't think I'm insane because I say this.

We don't really need to switch characters to fight marth.

The matchup threads rate this 60-40 marth, which I agree with (though maybe even 65-35). It's winnable for Kirby, but his mistakes will get punished more easily than marth's. You have to know the marth you're playing though; you have to be able to read them. Most of the time, I can counter their dancing blade. But only because I know when it's coming. This is a tough matchup if you can't read them (either by incompetence or because they're extremely skilled). In fact, it's probably 99-1 marth if you can't. Reading is the thing that'll save you in this matchup. You have to know when they're going to hop towards you so you can roll behind them. I'll say more on this when I get around to watching a few of my kirby vs marth replays...

Vulcan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SaberVulcan

While your post is true, the same can be said about all characters. There are 2 Marth players on my campus, one I always beat, the other I can rarely beat. The one I can rarely beat is always very close and I am pretty sure we are close on skill level (He is a DK main and counter picks when he loses the first match, which is always). I am pretty **** sure that Marth is just better in this match up vs my Kirby, and he is the only real character I feel the need for counter picking characters, which quite frankly I dont mind. I usually CP MK or D3, but I feel MK is easier to beat him with because chain-grabbing Marth is quite a pain.

Will talk more later, class time~

Atria

Smash Journeyman

The matchup threads rate this 60-40 marth, which I agree with (though maybe even 65-35). It's winnable for Kirby, but his mistakes will get punished more easily than marth's. You have to know the marth you're playing though; you have to be able to read them. Most of the time, I can counter their dancing blade. But only because I know when it's coming. This is a tough matchup if you can't read them (either by incompetence or because they're extremely skilled). In fact, it's probably 99-1 marth if you can't. Reading is the thing that'll save you in this matchup. You have to know when they're going to hop towards you so you can roll behind them. I'll say more on this when I get around to watching a few of my kirby vs marth replays...
Obviously, it's not like as if there is a requirement where you HAVE to switch characters if you're against a character where yours will be at a disadvantage. It's just that you can make life easier for yourself when you have the chance to do so. Normally when that situation arises, most people will take that opportunity and select a character where their opponent will be at a disadvantage. Although, there are exceptions where people won't do so for several reasons why.

First reason: The player uses BOTH characters. This one would probably apply to someone like me. Like this example, Kirby against Marth. This match-up is bad for Kirby because it is in Marth's favor. However, I use BOTH Marth and Kirby as my mains. If I'm in a match-up like this, I'd probably take the risk because I'd have an idea how my opponent should be using Marth and what moves to look out for. Therefore, the fight shouldn't be too much of a hassle for me. I guess that this could apply too if you have fought a lot (In this case.) of Marths from previous battles. Again, you'll know what to look out for and what their play style should be like. Therefore, this second reason may because of match-up experience. Experience is always good people! You'll know what to watch out for in difficult fights like these and you'll also have a better chance at predicting what your opponent may do next!

Another reason may be because people think that the 'suprprise' factor will help them out here. Kirby definately isn't an underused character that's for sure. However, with match-up ratios like these, (65:35 at worst.) the Marth player may not have considered fighting against a few good Kirby's beforehand because they think it won't be necessary. However, they may end up regretting that because there's a chance that the Kirby player may have challenged a few good Marth's beforehand so that the Kirby player may have a chance during match-ups like these. That's where the Marth player may be in for quite a surprise as soon as they find out that things aren't working in their favor unless due to their lack of Kirby experience. It probably wouldn't happen if they are REALLY skilled however.

I'm pretty sure that there are other reasons why people may not choose to select a different character to make the match-up more advantageous for them, but I'm too tired to come up with any more ideas. But A1lion835, you're not insane if you want to still use Kirby against Marth. If you win against a good Marth using Kirby, then good for you! But it's just that most people would probably prefer to counter pick with a different character so they have a better chance at winning the battle. It's not like as if it is the end of the world for Kirby if he is up against Marth. There's still a possibility that he can win.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
A1, I'm sorry, but that logic is flawed. If you read your opponent correctly, any character can beat any other. That lies with player skill, not the matchup.

In reality, the matchup thread's reasoning is VERY outdated, and even at that point it was flawed. Yes, Marth can be beaten by Kirby, but it is without a doubt his worst matchup, so why would you? I could write a few pages about why Marth is bad for Kirby, and why a competent Marth can beat a good/great Kirby, but unless specifically requested, I won't because, well, I'm using someone else's laptop, and tey're going to want it back sometime today.

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Lurking the Kirby Social thread with my rock buds.
A1, I'm sorry, but that logic is flawed. If you read your opponent correctly, any character can beat any other. That lies with player skill, not the matchup.

In reality, the matchup thread's reasoning is VERY outdated, and even at that point it was flawed. Yes, Marth can be beaten by Kirby, but it is without a doubt his worst matchup, so why would you? I could write a few pages about why Marth is bad for Kirby, and why a competent Marth can beat a good/great Kirby, but unless specifically requested, I won't because, well, I'm using someone else's laptop, and tey're going to want it back sometime today.
I request it.

Atria

Smash Journeyman
I request it.
Done. This should on touch a few main points why Kirby is bad against Marth. If I've missed anything, by all means put any missing information after my post or talk about how wrong I was:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=217705

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Has anyone considered ROB? I use him and he works pretty well against Marth, Snake, and Olimar.
Kirby has the advanatge over Olimar, of course you can say ROB's good when your fighting Ice Climbers which Kirby has a hard time with.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Done. This should on touch a few main points why Kirby is bad against Marth. If I've missed anything, by all means put any missing information after my post or talk about how wrong I was:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=217705
I didn't know about the Fthrow to Fsmash combo... fun...

You generally make good points, but you left some things out:

-Marth can do 2 Fairs in one SH. I believe he can also do an approaching SH Fair followed by a retreating Fair using his double jump, which is pretty much unpunishable (though I'm not sure. He may have to full hop for that.)

-Combos in general will not work. Marth can UpB out of literally everything (though it may not always be advantageous, depending on the situation).

-Marth can outrange everything without moving. Ftilt eliminates all our potential approach/spacing options, Dtilt is his spacing tool, and Utilt eliminates every aerial option other than Bair, which Ftilt covers.

-A crouching Marth can spam Dtilt very fast, as it has almost no ending/startup lag, if any, and it outranges everything we have on te ground. Don't approach because he whiffs one, you will be hit by another, unless he feels something more powerful woud be better. Also, don't roll behind a Dtilting Marth, as that is what they want. You get a dancing blade to the face. DB starts incredibly fast and does a fair bit of damage.

-A recovering Marth is harder to hit than you make it sound. Marth can spam a few Fairs during/before his second jump to ward you off and still make it back. Also, while his UpB can be interrupted, it's about as easy to interrupt as SL. Basically, it's doable, and not overly complicated, but you absolutely cannot hit the front of him, or he will recover and you take damage.

-The spike is usually pretty telegraphed. If I'm getting hit by it offstage, then I was probably getting killed so bad that, psychologically speaking, I was already out of the match. Also, that move has so much ending lag (for a Marth move) that if he misses, it can be punished fairly easily.

-If you throw out obvious Fsmashes, having them countered will kill you very fast.

Ugh... I started talking to my GF about 3/4ths way into this and now I ave completely lost my train of thought... I'll edit this if I think of more to add...

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
Yeah... It's best if you don't think about it. That goes for everyone else around here too. IMO, about 1/4 of my mind is VERY perplexing. The rest is about general knowledge for the subjects I do at school. Like I said, if I'm bored or feeling immature, the worst case scenario that'll happen with me is that I'll try to be funny like what I did in my last post. Again like I said before, it doesn't work 90% of the time for me. So I wouldn't really bother trying to decipher how my mind works. Because of this, not a lot of people understand me and I'm capable of freaking them out if I want to. Especially if I want to be left alone because I don't like being around people much. Not like I can do it to you guys cause you're on the internet. (Although I'll bet I did after you read all of this.) I'm NOT sociable like some of you think I am because a lot of people think I'm odd, even when I'm acting mature and want to have a proper discussion with them. Most of the time, they just ignore me. So, that's why I prefer my own company most of the time. No one take this personally, it just how things are for me around here and I'm used to it. :p

We don't have Monkeys here in Mackay, we don't even have a Zoo here because my area is a desert wasteland. Unlike most other areas, there's nothing interesting to do here. Therefore, I thought of all of this by myself (I think you may be joking, but I just feel like saying this.) because I'm literally bored off my *** during most of the day. I think I might go to sleep now... Zzzzzzzzz....... Oh, before I do, I think this thread has gone WAAAAYYY off topic because of me. So I don't think I'll post anything irrelevant here for a while. Sorry about this mess of a discussion I made everyone. I've been in a bad mood recently and I have been bored for too long... Zzzzzzzz.....
I meant that your attempts at humor don't strike me as funny.

I alienate everyone around me because of the way I think, dont tell me I have issues understanding a 'complex mind'.

Marth is a sum***** to fight, honestly more annoying than MK and G&W to me.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
no u

^ hey it worked.

Fromundaman, that's a good post about Marf.

He's too good against Kirby, I'm telling you. And you're telling me.

So we're all telling each other :O

Atria

Smash Journeyman
I didn't know about the Fthrow to Fsmash combo... fun...

You generally make good points, but you left some things out:

-Marth can do 2 Fairs in one SH. I believe he can also do an approaching SH Fair followed by a retreating Fair using his double jump, which is pretty much unpunishable (though I'm not sure. He may have to full hop for that.)

-Combos in general will not work. Marth can UpB out of literally everything (though it may not always be advantageous, depending on the situation).

-Marth can outrange everything without moving. Ftilt eliminates all our potential approach/spacing options, Dtilt is his spacing tool, and Utilt eliminates every aerial option other than Bair, which Ftilt covers.

-A crouching Marth can spam Dtilt very fast, as it has almost no ending/startup lag, if any, and it outranges everything we have on te ground. Don't approach because he whiffs one, you will be hit by another, unless he feels something more powerful woud be better. Also, don't roll behind a Dtilting Marth, as that is what they want. You get a dancing blade to the face. DB starts incredibly fast and does a fair bit of damage.

-A recovering Marth is harder to hit than you make it sound. Marth can spam a few Fairs during/before his second jump to ward you off and still make it back. Also, while his UpB can be interrupted, it's about as easy to interrupt as SL. Basically, it's doable, and not overly complicated, but you absolutely cannot hit the front of him, or he will recover and you take damage.

-The spike is usually pretty telegraphed. If I'm getting hit by it offstage, then I was probably getting killed so bad that, psychologically speaking, I was already out of the match. Also, that move has so much ending lag (for a Marth move) that if he misses, it can be punished fairly easily.

-If you throw out obvious Fsmashes, having them countered will kill you very fast.

Ugh... I started talking to my GF about 3/4ths way into this and now I ave completely lost my train of thought... I'll edit this if I think of more to add...
Yeah...I knew about ALL of those points you mentioned except for probably the last sentence in the fourth point. I haven't really played anyone who is disasterously good with Marth yet. Also, I don't think that I'm THAT great a Marth user yet, but I think that I'm reasonably good with him. I'm capable of beating people when I use him. Anyway, I was too lazy to be more detailed with my work. :p Sorry about that. BTW, I did mention the third point in my summary. I said that Marth can be campy with his sword against Kirby by just standing there. But I don't think I specified what moves he uses which make him campy against a Kirby because again, I was too lazy to put it in. :p

I meant that your attempts at humor don't strike me as funny.

I alienate everyone around me because of the way I think, dont tell me I have issues understanding a 'complex mind'.
I already told everyone around here that me TRYING to be funny doesn't work for me 90% of the time. So obviously you skimmed through what I said before without actually reading it through carefully AND thoroughly. (IMO anyway. I'm not saying that you should.) Still, I'm too stupid to make myself stop depending on what mood I'm in. However, I'm not stupid in general if that's what you're getting at but still, that's probably what you and everybody else around here is thinking anyway and saying this won't help. I've also told everyone that I've been in a bad mood recently. Therefore, I haven't been thinking straight lately and now that I actually think about it, I have made quite an *** out of myself on these boards recently. But that should be none of your concern. That's for me and me only to deal with.

Also, don't tell me that you understand how my 'complex' mind works because NOBODY around here understands me well like a book. (Not getting up you anyone, I'm just saying what the situation is ATM...>_>) Therefore, I don't think that you should say that "you understand the 'complexity' of my mind" if I were you because you don't know me (Unless you're some kind of internet stalker which I highly doubt you are.) and I don't know you. So TBH, I think you're quite far off from understanding my 'complex' mind despite the fact that you think you do. I'm not getting up you or anything, I just think it's ridiculous for ANYONE around here to say that they understand my so called 'complex' mind because nobody around here knows me. Again, that should be none of your concern because I'm used to being isolated and sometimes, I prefer it to be that way.

That's as far as I'm going to go because if I keep this up, this will distract far too many people from the actual topic like I did before which won't be too good for me seemingly as though I'm already in trouble with the boards. So I'm going to leave it at that just to be safe.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
This thread can't be about Kirby secondaries anymore. >_>

I think it's about being funny...or something?

Atria

Smash Journeyman
This thread can't be about Kirby secondaries anymore. >_>

I think it's about being funny...or something?
Yeah... I think I should go before I make this thread collapse...>_> I think I may have done my job explaining Kirby's match-up against Marth anyway and who you should use just to make that match-up easier... Errr... carry on....>_>

*leaves for the sake of this thread*

Top Bottom