• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which characters compliment Kirby?

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
I don understand why people are deciding to let us know that they have one match up they are bad against which really isn't relevant to the thread.

X man 2.0

Smash Rookie
Personally, I think jigglypuff would be a perfect match for kirby. since they are identical in aerial support and it is easy to sync their attacks, they can definetly pown. Once you warm your mind to the idea, it is plain to see they make a great team.

DFat2

Smash Journeyman
Personally, I think jigglypuff would be a perfect match for kirby. since they are identical in aerial support and it is easy to sync their attacks, they can definetly pown. Once you warm your mind to the idea, it is plain to see they make a great team.
LURK MOAR Please.

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Lurking the Kirby Social thread with my rock buds.
Yea...2 extremely light chars...PERFECT CHOICE.

We should all bow towards this guy's awesomeness.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Hey, while we're at it, I think Mario's a perfect secondary as well! He's also a Nintendo character, and both share annoying sound effects. Best of all though, they both have the same bad matchups! It's perfect!

Atria

Smash Journeyman
Umm...YOU do realize that we are suggesting characters who can help cover Kirby's bad match-ups right? Kirby's bad match-ups are Snake, Marth, Zelda, ZSS, G&W and IC. Jigglypuff is NOT, I repeat NOT a good secondary character for Kirby because practically ALL of those characters DESTROY Jigglypuff. IMO, I think those bad Kirby match-ups are much more worse for Jigglypuff to a certain extent. (Ratio wise.) Therefore, I don't think that Jigglypuff is an ideal secondary character for Kirby AT ALL. I don't know if you have noticed it or not, but I think that almost everyone here on the Kirby boards have turned to hallucinogenic drugs just so they can think that your statement exists plus benefits Kirby in a way. >_>

Hey, while we're at it, I think Mario's a perfect secondary as well! He's also a Nintendo character, and both share annoying sound effects. Best of all though, they both have the same bad matchups! It's perfect!
Fromundaman...Do you use characters with annoying sound effects to win? Where's Pit? :laugh: How could you forget about Pit! He's top tier for most annoying sound effects in this game! :laugh: You could win just about every match when you spam his >B at people! Honestly, how could you forget about that one? Shame...:laugh:

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Fromundaman...Do you use characters with annoying sound effects to win? Where's Pit? :laugh: How could you forget about Pit! He's top tier for most annoying sound effects in this game! :laugh: You could win just about every match when you spam his >B at people! Honestly, how could you forget about that one? Shame...:laugh:
Oh god... Pit and PT make me envy deaf people...

V

Smash Ace
the 4 best options IMO for a second to kirby would be MK, snake, D3, and marth. MK and snake just because the pwn everybody. D3 and marth because they have good range, and for the most part kirby's bad matchups are characters with more reach than him. marth takes a lot of dedication for a 2nd main, so i would say resort to him last. D3 is the most similar out of the 4, so maybe he would be a good option. the only trouble with him is you gotta watch for GW and MK still because they're bad matchups for D3 too but i would definitely say if you're gonna main a 2nd character, these are your 4 best options. however, if you choose MK, he doesnt even need a 2nd so you might end up just maining him. snake as well. idk i would say D3, because he still has tools against GW and MK, so maybe you could pull it off...

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
the 4 best options IMO for a second to kirby would be MK, snake, D3, and marth. MK and snake just because the pwn everybody. D3 and marth because they have good range, and for the most part kirby's bad matchups are characters with more reach than him. marth takes a lot of dedication for a 2nd main, so i would say resort to him last. D3 is the most similar out of the 4, so maybe he would be a good option. the only trouble with him is you gotta watch for GW and MK still because they're bad matchups for D3 too but i would definitely say if you're gonna main a 2nd character, these are your 4 best options. however, if you choose MK, he doesnt even need a 2nd so you might end up just maining him. snake as well. idk i would say D3, because he still has tools against GW and MK, so maybe you could pull it off...
Stop being productive.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
But see, the thing with seconding Snake or MK is that it still leaves the Snake matchup as just even, so while that's not bad, it's still not as good as having a hard counter to those bad matchups. I'm not saying they're bad, because they aren't, but they won't solve EVERY matchup. On top of that, those are pretty much the two characters everyone knows how to deal with to a certain extent.

As for Marth, isn't good spacing really the most important thing needed to main him? (I don't really know... I despise Marth.)

Finally, how does G&W do vs Marth and Snake?

T-nuts

Smash Ace
As for Marth, isn't good spacing really the most important thing needed to main him? (I don't really know... I despise Marth.)
yes it is, but spacing is a lot different with marth than it is with kirby, especially in the air, because kirby's aerials are long lasting and marths aerials, except for nair, are all over extremely quickly.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Because he's awesome? (Plus he does better than any of the afore-mentioned 4 vs Falco)

EDIT: Oh, and I just use characters who I enjoy. Strangely enough though, I do tend to enjoy characters with annoying and similar SFX (Kirby, Mario, Sonic...).

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
But if you could use MK, snake, D3 and marth, why would you need kirby?
I think MK isn't that good of a cp because his pros are usually pretty generic. He outspaces chars and gimps them, so basically he kinda covers Kirby's problem with characters that outspace him, but he doesn't have the epic **** of someone like DDD or Snake.

Mk is over rated, if he was banned Snake would take his place in a flash.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Nobody in this game is so unbalanced that they should be banned...

I'd say Snake and D3 would be good secondaries for Kirby though. With those 3 you should have a pretty good advantage against everyone, except D3, but at least you aren't disadvantaged against him.

Kaiasian

Smash Cadet
Yea. That's the problem with the "MK should be banned" stuff.

*MK is banned*
"Snake should be banned."
*Snake is banned*
"Falco should be banned."
*Falco is banned*
"Kirby should be banned."
"Captain Falcon should be banned."
"Captain Falcon is banned"
"..."
"Who the hell are we supposed to use now?"

And i think Marth as a second? Because he can cover Kirby's G&W weakness and mirror Marth. But... DDD sounds better i suppose...

platiepoos

Smash Apprentice
I use Donkey Kong as a secondary for Kirby. He does well against both Snake and MK (as good as anyone can do against MK) and Kirby covers his D3 pain. I still have trouble with Marth, but he's still easier than using Kirby in that matchup IMO.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master

*MK is banned*
*Snake is banned*
*Falco is banned*
I can easily see Snake being banned if we became so dumb **** ******** that we banned MK.

Atria

Smash Journeyman

*MK is banned*
*Snake is banned*
*Falco is banned*
Duh. Hack the game and use sandbag (and yes, I know he's an item).

*sandbag gets banned*
Well, if all the characters in this game get banned, including ALL of the hacked characters PLUS ALL of the item characters, well, I guess we have no choice but to actually fight each other in real life. It sounds fair seemingly as though we don't know how good we are in actual combat. Also, we don't even know who will bring a weapon with them or not to fight with. So, the matches should be fairly unexpected and FULL of mind games. There should also be a load of AT's as well! Also, it's the closest thing we've got to Brawl. Okay, it's settled for me then! :) I think I'll be the first person to join the cast of human characters who can be selected for Brawl!

*Atria gets banned.*

Wwwaaaaaiiiiiiit...That doesn't sound right at all...

...Oh wait, it's Brawl. I forgot that it's the game where it bans ANYTHING that is capable of fighting...:(

Oh god... Pit and PT make me envy deaf people...
Oh man I forgot about P.T! He's almost comparable to Pit because he has an annoying voice too! He can't beat Pit though because he doesn't say much compared to him. Therefore, Pit's >B spam FTW! :laugh: Oh FYI, I can resist their annoying noises so it won't work against me! =D I think I know your one weakness Fromundaman...*Starts scheming a plan to defeat him in battle...*

Top Bottom