• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which character shall i choose if I wanna clear boss battles on intense?

ZeSmasher

Smash Rookie
Hi

I can only beat boss battles on very hard, not on intense. I think it's almost impossible.

Can you maybe give me a tip, which character did you use when you beated boss battles on intense? Give me some tactical recommends.

ru5514n

Smash Ace
Well, your most obvious choice would be Charizard, his side-b ***** bosses. DK's down-b is also pretty good, but it only works on ground bosses.

DLO

Smash Journeyman
Charizard's Rock Smash. DK's down B. Falcon's knee and Punch. Toon Link's dair. G&W's Nair.

fullynick

Smash Apprentice
use fox and jump around shooting lasers and using fair/uair

also metaknight is reeeeally good for this, as he can avoid most moves and nair hits 5 times

and then you realise time would be better spent learning to DI

Tien2500

Smash Lord
Charizard. Plus if you have trouble timing Taboo's one hit KO attack you can just switch during that.

Nova9000

Smash Lord
I beat it with DK, Lucas, TL, and Zard. It depends who you are good with as well; I got to Tabuu using Ganon, Zelda, MK, and Falcon. The easiest person is Zard then DK.

djm111

Smash Cadet
IC's also destroy Bosses. D-Smash hits twice doing almost as much damage as Rock Smash on grounded enemies. Up Airs are very quick and do a lot of damage as well.

cloudenvy112

Smash Apprentice
Lucas was the first I cleared Intense with. Fox I beat with second.
If you use Lucas, don't use laggy moves. Go for quick aerials and tilts.
If you use Fox, shoot the blaster and go for Fairs.

n88

Smash Lord
Fox (F-Air, lasers, F-Smash are very useful. Reflector also comes in handy)
Mata Knight (Mach Tornado, Up-Air)
Captain Falcon (Falcon PAWNCH, Knee of Justice)
Charizard (Side Special)
Luigi (Pretty much all aerials, especially F-Air and U-Air)

Are probably the best, although not necessarily in that order.

mars16

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5429-8906-2115
I would say Fox because he has a reflector and strong fast Aerial attack

Plus his fast shooting gun, good for racking up damage on Bosses at some points

SManDMan

Smash Rookie
Meta Knight. You were all thinking of it. Oh, or any character with some strong attack. Wait, Untouch, Down B!? WHAT!?

Boxob.

Smash Lord
Kyle mah dude. I see you in the most random topics sometimes.

**** intense boss battles. MM my sonic, THAT's some intense business.

:093:

llamapaste

Smash Journeyman
Meataknight is the best because you can easily avoid most of the bosses attack's by using the ledge effectively. Like versues the pirhana you can just attack the cage closest to you. Go to ledge. Nair, fair, or dair repeatedly then go to the ledge and you can win that battle while taking any damage every time.

NorrYtt

Smash Cadet
You just need to not get hit. Just be safe. Running in there with Samus to do a full charge Up-Smash will get you hit. Very few things actually kill you when you are 0%, but tons of things kill you when you're 50%+. Learn all the telegraphs and fool-proof ways to avoid everything.

For this, I used Fox. Fox can shoot his laser from far away against the dangerous spider and missile launching bosses. Fox is fast and can Side-B to warp away from impending AoE harm. His aerials are fine for damage. Fox has a Reflector which is safe and powerful in a couple places - you can jump in front of Ridley's mouth just before his fireballs, hold Reflector, and he dies in 2 seconds flat if you did it right.

If you KNOW you can't get away, roll, or jump to air dodge in time for an attack and you have 50%+ percent, shield. You can tank a pretty big hit to your shield if you only use it as a last resort, often you will powershield because you panicked. Even if your shield breaks, you might not be dead.

Terrador14

Smash Apprentice
What's said in the first and third paragraphs. Also, Marth is handy for nifty aerials and a quick Counter, though you can use Ike as well. All other good chars have already been noted. Funny enough, I never realized the 'Zard trick...

X-Elipzo-X

Smash Rookie
Well Holty, the only bosses Rest is really effective on are Tabuu, Master&Crazy, and Petey, because your hitbox has to be inside the boss to hit. The other bosses are hard to hit Rest with.

Knuckles_Fan

Smash Rookie
I just hammered the **** out of that challenge. It practically is impossible. I came super, super close with Charizard on several occasions, using his Rock Smash. Tabuu always completely pwned me though. Even when I entered his turf with 0% damage. I just got frustrated and gave up on it really. Golden hammers are a life saver.

Taicho

Smash Rookie
Peach's side B on Brawl+ Is really something against bosses, I had no problem on making my way to Tabuu without using my hearts

...For the other characters, everything I was about to say is pretty much said, you can also use Squirtle's whithraw against Tabuu's RROD if you can't get the shield+down right

sman5093

Smash Apprentice
U can use any character, but i would recommend someone who is good at jumping and has strong attacks like Falco, Charizard Fox and Toon Link. I beat Boss Battles on intense with Toon Link.

Top Bottom