• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Where you AGT? The Official Toon Link General Discussion/ Video Thread!

BigHairyFart

Salty Supreme
NNID
JackAzzMcTittles
I think his boomerang could use a bit more distance, & maybe a touch more KB. I realize it's main purpose is to force the enemy to go where you want them to, but it feels kinda weak.

D

Deleted member

I noticed that when I played some tl at br8, my agt made me live forever. Projectm 3.0 better not nerf this, because I lived for so long on draculas castle. Team friendlies were so good.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Well, there's always making his boomerang angles identical to YL's.

I also feel like his fair doesn't fit him well, he already has better, faster, easier to land kill moves.

I'm thinkin' higher angle and weaker KB. Maybe a juggler into another move. O yeah and make the hitbox last as long as it did in Melee.

Also, please bring back the fuse hitbox on his bombs.

B.W.

Smash Champion
I mean his boomerangs. People are constantly saying "they're not the same angle" and other stuff.

T.Link's Boomerang is Y.Link's Boomerang but better in many ways.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Well, I'll take your word for it but, whenever I play Melee and then P:M the rang' always feels weaker in some manner in P:M.

Also, I know we don't necessarily wan't him to have a broken CG, but his grab just sucks now, :urg: and that feels like a direct nerf. With good intentions I guess...

But seriously bring back the fuse hitbox on bombs.

Imagine putting them on the ground and platforms and people having to avoid them. It sounds awesome.

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
How does his grab suck now? It often leads straight into a usmash, which often leads into something else.
TL has one of the best dthrows in the game.

D

Deleted member

TL does not have a bad grab. You don't utilize it or you just expect too much from TL.

B.W.

Smash Champion
T.Link's grab is pretty bad, but it's certainly better than Y.Link's.

Y.Link seriously cannot touch T.Link. There is nothing Y.Link can do that T.Link can't do better.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Personally I don't care about the boomerang change.

Besides, it's the least of his problems.

Also, in case you didn't know/hear, punish a missed rest near the ledge with up taunt. Hehe.

D

Deleted member

Exactly. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Like I said, you have to be smart with it. It's a grapple grab or w/e its called, so you have to work with it and not expect the best out of it. But the options are SO GOOD

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
I mean his boomerangs. People are constantly saying "they're not the same angle" and other stuff.

T.Link's Boomerang is Y.Link's Boomerang but better in many ways.
The trajectory of TL's Boomerang isn't exactly the same as Young Link's. Trajectory meaning distance + angle.

Notice how close the tilt boomerang ends up close to his body: YL Extended Recovery

Course, this isn't to say you're wrong or right or anything. It's just basically saying that I want boomerang cancels in Project M.

B.W.

Smash Champion
The trajectory of TL's Boomerang isn't exactly the same as Young Link's. Trajectory meaning distance + angle.

Notice how close the tilt boomerang ends up close to his body: YL Extended Recovery

Course, this isn't to say you're wrong or right or anything. It's just basically saying that I want boomerang cancels in Project M.
The distance he throws the boomerang is farther than Y.Link's from Melee, but the angles going up/down are the same, but the boomerang is bigger in comparison to Melee's.

SuperMarioKarter

Smash Rookie
Perhaps they could add a short-throw option for boomerang cancels, performed by pressing B again before the throw animation ends, like the spacies' short side B?

AznGamer405

Smash Cadet
Aspiring Toon Link main here, and I was wondering if anyone could tell me how to perform AGTs?

Apparently the maximum amount of times to do it is six? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1C8FT6e78xw

But anyways, I've already got bomb-jumping down hitting the bomb itself is an entirely different story however...
so I figured I'd try my hand at AGT.

I have Tap Jump turned off in case one of you were wondering.

Thanks in advance.

geno

Smash Apprentice
Sorry to interrupt boomerang talk, But I've started getting back into Tink and I realized I haven't seriously played him since 2.1. AGTing came back pretty quickly, but I can't SAGT/FrAGT at all anymore. Is the timing different from 2.1 or am I just doing something wrong?

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
are there any really good gameplay videos of Tink out there? I picked him up and everyone I've watched so far can't play him fast at all

geno

Smash Apprentice
Well, controllers are now accurate so I say maybe that's what happens.
Yeah, but I used to be able to get them about 75% of the time. I still haven't gotten a single one yet :/ I'll keep trying though.

And Ripple, you should check out Frenum, awesomest Tink I've ever seen!

D

Deleted member

I have a nice capture card but I'm bad and don't go to smashfests

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
Ill get some videos up soon. You guys will probably **** your pants at my play if you think frenum is the best you've seen

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
Anyone else notice in the new trailer, that Toon Link is conducting the train?
Does that mean he's gone for good????

D

Deleted member

They're going to have a new secondary link. Might be young link, might be some random ass other link, might not be a secondary link at all.

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
No offense, you're playing the game too much like Brawl.
Fundamentally you have the right idea, but try to integrate more AT's, also, fsmash MUCH less.

D

Deleted member

You both look like new players, but you guys definently are not playing Project: Melee. You guys are even playing with 3 stocks and not 4!
Less F smash, more use of the area (I would of personally wavelanded on the platforms and AGT'd bombs at my opponents). Also rolling is easily punishable, especially by a sheik player who knows what he/she is doing. I don't think I saw L cancels in there, or even regular wavedashes.

Top Bottom