• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Where did you get your name?

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
My real name, which translates to "Death" from my native language.
I was named this because of a prophecy in my homeland.
Plus I capitalized the last letter cuz its bit**in :chuckle:

CHAOSDRAGON88

Smash Ace
Well... My name comes from my real name: Keelan P.

So one day I noticed my first name spelled 'Naleek' and I thought it was pretty cool so that was my tag for a while. Then I had to make a 4 letter name for SSBM's name thingy and I didn't want to pick 'KEEL'.
I thought about it for a while and decided to add the first letter of my last name to Naleek, thus making PNaleek!!!

Kinda long winded, don't cha think? ;)
Welcome to the boards, yours is cool too.

Link he come to town...

Smash Apprentice
Got mine from a song, seeing as link has been my go to guy in most games where you could use him, i decided this was a good name, my other choice would have been knee roller, because i like to rollerblade and kneeing people and then catching up to them and kneeing them again is one of my favourite things to do in the game.

Vitamin X

Smash Journeyman
Got mine from a song, seeing as link has been my go to guy in most games where you could use him, i decided this was a good name, my other choice would have been knee roller, because i like to rollerblade and kneeing people and then catching up to them and kneeing them again is one of my favourite things to do in the game.
I think I've heard that song, do the first few lines go something like:

Link, he come to town,
Come to save the princess Zelda
Ganon took her away,
And now the children don't play,
But they will, when Link saves the day (Hallelujah!)

to the tune of the Zelda theme song?

Patinator

Smash Champion
I think I've heard that song, do the first few lines go something like:

Link, he come to town,
Come to save the princess Zelda
Ganon took her away,
And now the children don't play,
But they will, when Link saves the day (Hallelujah!)

to the tune of the Zelda theme song?
I've always wondered where people got that.

Tiamat475

Smash Journeyman
I got mine from Final Fantasy 8, a Dragon named Tiamat. And the 4 for my favorite number, 7 for lucky and 5 just for the heck of it. :D

antimatter

Smash Lord
antimatter was the name of a mutant superhero from the marvel universe in a dream i had. ive written fan fiction about him on another forum.

Awex

Smash Lord
Well, my name is Alex, and at Pokemon league (I still play the TCG, win some sweet prizes :D) there is this one very special little kid, who has a droning, nasal-y voice and says "Aweeeeeex" instead of Alex. I made AWEX my name in Melee once and it just stuck. ;p

Dry_Umbrella

Smash Apprentice
I got the "Dry_Umbrella" by means of manual rectal extraction

it doesn't really have to do with any thing and isn't even the name I use

what I do use was already taken

I was playing charades with some people and it was my turn to do something so I indicate that there's one word and one syllable, then motion with my hands and the answer was given immediately as "HAT"

the first tourney I went to I wasn't so great so I didn't play too seriously
I went by "mimic" and "DITO" for my tag
what then followed was me using whoever my opponent used

good fun

SoulPech

Smash Master
In the first grade, there was a spelling bee. some kid spelled Peach wrong and spelled "Pech" and I kicked him in the knee and said "Idiot, don't you played Super Mario?" lol. I added Soul in front it cuz i thought it sounded cool.

TelQuel

Smash Cadet
I got my name from an old French magazine that Jacques Derrida used to write for. Tel quel roughly translates as "as is" in English. I just think it looks pretty neat especially for a fox player.

iMichael

Smash Lord
When I was a noob, I used to Envy everyone! =D and I thought the name was pretty bad a**

Dragmire

Smash Lord
I have a friend straight from japan. Now I don't know if he lied when he told me but he said he had that last name in a japanese exclusive also that ganon's full name is ganon mandrag wierd but cool

PRKR

Smash Rookie
i use "PRKR"

being that i can only use 4 letters PRKR is short for my real name PARKER.

Zero_P

Smash Ace
My old tag was "Rampage" I changed it because...dunno I guess I kinda grew tired or rampage...lol now I'm having second thoughts...tetris would be a cool name :)

RoyTheFlamboyant

Smash Journeyman
What game did he have a last name in?
Wind Waker, I believe.

My crew is "The Roytards". Started two years back, we had Roy FFA's, whoever won was the "Roytard" for the week. Or something gay.

But I main[ed] Roy, I guess that should probably have something to do with it. Whatever. xD

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Simple. Back when I was a young boy, I faced a friend at Melee. I was Kirby (my old main), he was Link. He owned me. So then I realized Kirby was the suXXors, and I needed a change. Torn between my two other characters I used (Link and Fox), I went to do a ditto with him and win, so I chose to main Link. So I beat him with Link in a Link ditto after working hard, and he jokefully "Knighted" me. So I thought it was funny, and John (my first name)+knight=became my "first" username. And then a couple of months later I started playing that one game runescape (I was a young lad, remember), and Johnknight was taken, so I was Johnknight1! :grin: Because you know, I'm numbert 1! :) :laugh: :cool:

So basically, I rock! :grin: And I made my username when I was 11 and 12! :grin:

RikyuXz.~

Smash Apprentice
Rikyu was from the kingdom hearts character Riku.. but I knew there were alot of fanboys out there who used that name so I added a random y somewhere in there to make it sound cool. It was also originally the name of an anime character I drew and patented. I added Xz afterwards to make it super original. I was formerly known as Strago.. but w/e.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
i really wonder how i got my name :D

When I was a noob, I used to Envy everyone! =D and I thought the name was pretty bad a**
I used to play with the tag NV. i dont think anyone uses it anymore, so if you get tired of ENVY, you have a play on letters. :)

muesli

Smash Journeyman
Germany, Waldkirch (nobody knows this place)!
My father and my brother often call me (German)Muesli-Kriega = (English)Cereal-Warrior

ROFL, because I eat REALLY every day cereals like arround 11-years, more then one time a day.

Muesli-Kriega was too long so I shorted it into muesli = cereal.
[I'm a nerd]

muesli :chuckle:

Witchking_of_Angmar

Smash Lord
Slowly starting to enjoy my mothertongue again. :)
My father and my brother often call me (German)Muesli-Kriega = (English)Cornflakes-Warrior

ROFL, because I eat REALLY every day cornflakes like arround 11-years, more then one time a day.

Muesli-Kriega was too long so I shorted it into muesli = kornflakes.
[I'm a nerd]

muesli :chuckle:
I don't know if brits say cornflakes to every type of cereal, but the american translation of Muesli would be cereal.

Lol, mine is from LotR, the Witchking of Angmar is the leader of the nine Nazgul, and the evil rider that stabs Frodo on weathertop. He gets killed by Meriadoc Brandybuck, a hobbit, and Eowyn, a woman, which fulfills the prophecy that no man was to kill him. Yeah, I'm a lotr fan/freak.

Top Bottom