• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

When/how will the roster (and other info) leak?

Shishou

Smash Apprentice
"You can expect however, to see two of Square's characters, Cecil and Geno. If you need more detail, Cecil is a faster version of Ike, with a different Final Smash, and Geno is a blue Scarecrow from some obscure Mario game that attacks using stars and lazers."

"Ganondorf is definately in, and he actually has his own moveset. His appearence is much different from that of Super Smash Brother's:Melee, and he has a white hole in his chest for some reason. His Down: B pulls out a light sword too, which I thought was very out of character. He has alot of magic based attacks, and is slower than Ike."

Cecil? Seriously? Come on now. And Ganondorf being slower than Ike who appears to be slower than Bowser? Why would they make Ganondorf super slow again when he in no way has the build of a slow character.

Decent fake up until the characters being mentioned. I don't believe that ninja character was a Nintendo character either.

Shishou

Smash Apprentice
They might make Ganondorf slow due to the fact he is a magic user.
Ganondorf doesn't have to be fast by any means. But slower than Ike, who by Gimpyfish's impressions is practically so slow he is going to be nearly manageable as a single player combatant?

Ike apparently seems to be the slowest character in the game. So why would Ganondorf who has never really shown signs of being slow in the Zelda series be even slower?

FrogButler

Smash Journeyman
Ike was only the slowest at the demo. Not in general.

Wario is, so far, the slowest character in the game as confirmed by Jump Festa.

CatLikeThief

Smash Rookie
Thanks FrogButler. This whole JaJaMaru character has got me really excited, I hope he really is in bc he would probably go to the top of my list of most anticipated characters.

cswright

Smash Apprentice
apparently Ike got buffed though according to one of those JPN jumpfesta threads, he may be a little better

Tachita

Smash Cadet
I hope the real leak comes up soon so this "prophets" just stop.
I just hope Mewtwo's still in (buffed obviously), along with Ridley I have a bet on him

also a little off-topic but you know what means 10char, I have seen it a lot of times but I have no idea what it means thank you

bballstar23

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2383-6686-1312
I just hope Mewtwo's still in (buffed obviously), along with Ridley I have a bet on him

also a little off-topic but you know what means 10char, I have seen it a lot of times but I have no idea what it means thank you
Most leaks before the 24th will probably be deemed as fake. People are going to be skeptical no matter what.

cswright

Smash Apprentice

you have to type at least 10 letters to post so if the poster simply says "yes" then he/she types 10char to fill the limit up

M.K

Level 55
I'm tired of the prophets! Geez, you don't know who to believe, and everyone just shoots crap outta their ***.

Hunter Ing

Smash Rookie
what??

that nin10dough guy is such a liar he says Ridley isnt playable and wont appear in the game at all? what thats total BS he appeared in Melee (only in the intro movie but He still appeared) that would be dumb if they didnt include him in the game at all not even as an AT ya right ridley will be a charecter if not a boss he is the 2nd most popular metroid charecter.

Also knuckles!?!?! Sakarui (however you spell it) said there will only be 2-3 guest (3rd party) fighters from non nintendo games and snake is one and sonic is the second and that all there will be and I doubt he will add knuckles because sonic is only a guest in this game why would they have two sonic reps that would be BS other franchises need more reps before sonic. Metroid only has one rep still and kirby had one but finally went to three so I hope that metroid and star fox get some more charecters.

Im just going to avoid the internet till the japanese realese and when I go on here or wherever I go I will see the real roster and I wont have to stress out about all of theses fake leaks.

also sakuari will proabably show us a butt load of spoilers on the do-jo before or after it is realesed.

Tachita

Smash Cadet
oh thank you I thought it was some kind of flame

also I don't know if somebady else has noted it but most if not all the prophets and supposed leaks come from gamefaqs
I mean if you were a tester who has inside info dont you think you would post it in the official boards of the smash community instead of some crappy forums full of liars and trolls?

cswright

Smash Apprentice
oh thank you I thought it was some kind of flame

also I don't know if somebady else has noted it but most if not all the prophets and supposed leaks come from gamefaqs
I mean if you were a tester who has inside info dont you think you would post it in the official boards of the smash community instead of some crappy forums full of liars and trolls?
well the leaks in question are all false so the leaks all come from the scum of the internet forums :) the good stuff is here

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
There's no mention of Krystal at all either. One would think after the VA leak, there'd be some verification of her status in the game if one is going to try and make a credible leak, huh?

random_bob

Smash Cadet
well i personally think the true roster will appear on there if it is leaked at all. The person posting the roster will probably know that not everyone will believe them and put it on a site that is known for its rumors so nintendo wont try to track them down and fire them or something, it will just look like another prophets guess.

Novus

Smash Apprentice
I really doubt Ike got buffed. Gimpy was probably just exaggerating. He has a tendency to do that, I noticed.

cswright

Smash Apprentice

Mr. Ocax

Smash Journeyman
That guy sounds like a load of crap. His biggest flaw is the reason why HE doesn't want the "deconfirmed" characters to be in Brawl. It's like hes a guy arguing why a character should or should not be in Brawl but then acting as if it is already fact. Saying Krystal AND Falco aren't playable is really risky. I mean, I hate Krystal more than most people but I have accepted her as an inevitability.

balladofwindfishes

Smash Journeyman
it's a little random, and his answers to some of the questions lack much sense, for example the Faclo/Krystal question. His answer makes no sense at all because Krystal and Falco ARE expectedm and Doc and Pichu weren't important to their series as much as Krystal and Fox are. His answer to that question is further weakened by saying Krystal isn't popular, which is pretty bias as Star Fox Adventure is, I belueve the 2nd highest rated Star Fox game under 64. Not being able to make a unique moveset is no reason to exclude a character, as Captain Falcon, Mr Game and Watch and Ice Climbers had "no moveset" either, yet one was created.

Lipucd

Smash Apprentice
it's a little random, and his answers to some of the questions lack much sense, for example the Faclo/Krystal question. His answer makes no sense at all because Krystal and Falco ARE expectedm and Doc and Pichu weren't important to their series as much as Krystal and Fox are. His answer to that question is further weakened by saying Krystal isn't popular, which is pretty bias as Star Fox Adventure is, I belueve the 2nd highest rated Star Fox game under 64. Not being able to make a unique moveset is no reason to exclude a character, as Captain Falcon, Mr Game and Watch and Ice Climbers had "no moveset" either, yet one was created.

...I would say assult or the DS game is a BIT more higher ranking but ehh...I don't know how there sell's stack so can't call foul.

Im all reality I think we'll be seeing stuff like this for the next ten days or so...Then ether on the day of, before, or after will we know everything. ( belive me...The number of hac Programmers in Japan is insane...they will have the info within hours of getting the game... )

FrogButler

Smash Journeyman
Honestly I think we already have the leak but no one believes it right now due to the fact that there are no pictures confirming any character's existence in the game...

WarxePB

Smash Ace
I'm absolutely positive that the roster has already been leaked in Japan, but the people who know it haven't spread it around/very much. I'm also pretty sure that we'll get some sort of roster on the Dojo, whether it's just the starting roster or the full one.

domriver

Smash Lord
^^^ I doubt that. You know how fast that roster leak will spread? I think in the beginning of that week where the it will be released to Japan is when we shall start seeing the leaks of the roster. That is all I want to know. The SSE I want to find out for my self.

MilesPrower

Smash Journeyman
I don't want to know anything about SSE. I'm not sure if I want to know all the characters. I do want to know some though.

So that got me to thinking about Nintendo Power and what they did during their Melee coverage and gameplay tips, and later during another segment they revealed Dr. Mario, Falco, and Mewtwo, and how to unlock them.

And then finally, probably quite a while afterwards, in that Confidential part of the guide with cheats and stuff, they practically revealed how to unlock all the characters and some of the stages, too.

I'd like something like this. Like, to know 3 kool secret characters (sans a blue hedgehog and someone who needs a razor), and then THAT'S IT until I play it myself.

This month is going to go by so freaking slow. @_@;

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
I don't want to know anything about SSE. I'm not sure if I want to know all the characters. I do want to know some though.

So that got me to thinking about Nintendo Power and what they did during their Melee coverage and gameplay tips, and later during another segment they revealed Dr. Mario, Falco, and Mewtwo, and how to unlock them.

And then finally, probably quite a while afterwards, in that Confidential part of the guide with cheats and stuff, they practically revealed how to unlock all the characters and some of the stages, too.

I'd like something like this. Like, to know 3 kool secret characters (sans a blue hedgehog and someone who needs a razor), and then THAT'S IT until I play it myself.

This month is going to go by so freaking slow. @_@;
Same here :).

chaos_Leader

Smash Lord
When/how will the roster (and other info) leak?
With cries of outrage and blasphemy as all "leaked information" is greeted. There is so much BS "leaked info" that it is really difficult to sift the diamonds out of the rough, and even when a convincing lead is located, many others will still doubt it or choose not to believe it. In truth, we will never know who is telling the truth or who is just grabbing for attention with all the BS flying through the community. 100% of the community will not be satisfied until they get the info firsthand from the DOJO or Japanese release.

Top Bottom