• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

When/how will the roster (and other info) leak?

shipoffools

Smash Journeyman
I know personally, my number one priority in checking these boards is based on my faith that once the Brawl roster is officially leaked, it will be widespread here within minutes. But so far, this obviously has not happened. So I would like to ask the general consensus for my own interests and the sake of conversation, when do you think the official roster will leak (not some 'prophets' word), and how? Will it be a magazine that does it? A bootleg/stolen version of the game? A stolen player's guide? Or will we just have to wait it out until the 24th with the Japan release? How has it worked with other big releases in the gamer biz? I know music albums can leak months before the release, but I don't really know about games, so, anyone have any ideas?

rocdar12

Smash Cadet
I think that we'll have to wait until Japan release...or the dojo might give us something a few days before Japan gets Brawl. :)

Zek

Smash Ace
There is no such thing as an "official leak." We won't know for sure until it's out. If there's a leak before then there will be lots of debate about its credibility just like there has been about the supposed ones up until now.

cc6150

Smash Rookie
I think we'll have to wait for the Japan release, maybe a few days before. After the Melee leak I think the team would have made "security" on the information tighter.

Fierce Deitys

Smash Rookie
Some characters might appear before the release in Japan but for sure we will know all the characters by the 24th.

sdhonda

Smash Cadet
Most likely, we will know most of the roster within 24 hours of the japanese launch.

GreenMamba

Smash Journeyman
May I ask...what happened with the Melee leak? Was it...unique or something?
The character list was posted about a month before the Japanese release on the IGN Smash boards. Naturally, no one believed it (Dr. Mario? Young Link? Pichu? And who the heck is Roy?)

Funny stuff.

The Director

Smash Lord
There is no such thing as an "official leak."
What about scans from the Japanese strategy guide? That sure would sound official to me.

The Melee roster leaked 20 days before the Japanese release. If history repeats itself, (which it sometimes does) that means we'll get a leak this week. I wouldn't count on it though, but keep a keen eye out on these boards in the next 2 weeks...it WILL leak.

FrogButler

Smash Journeyman
I assume it will leak around the next week or so...

Player's guide generally are released weeks in advance and are printed even earlier.

As for the full roster, expect a leak much like Melee's. Melee leaked two days before release via a screenshot of the full roster.

War Raichu

Smash Apprentice
is a Japanese strategy guide planned? And is Nintendo Power even planning a US strategy guide/ They skipped Galaxy, but I heard that was due to them switching publishers.

I imagine it'll be a lucky person getting ahold of the game or a strategy guide

Xanderous

Smash Lord
What about scans from the Japanese strategy guide? That sure would sound official to me.

The Melee roster leaked 20 days before the Japanese release. If history repeats itself, (which it sometimes does) that means we'll get a leak this week. I wouldn't count on it though, but keep a keen eye out on these boards in the next 2 weeks...it WILL leak.
That's not a leak, dude.

(Unless the scans were shown before the guide hit store shelves)

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
All I know is we can expect a lot of fake "leaks" before we actually see the real one.

The real one may in fact be in the midst of the fakes.

SJAK47

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty sure our Japanese representatives in the forums will leak it out of excitement or arrogance. And of course, other online sources will spread the leak since a lot of people don't know how to keep their mouths shut.

The Director

Smash Lord
(Unless the scans were shown before the guide hit store shelves)
Wouldn't it be considered a leak since the guide isn't available in the US yet?

Who cares what the word leak means. Unless we already have the information, (and we're technically not supposed to have any of it until Feb. 10th) I'll consider it a leak no matter where the info comes from.

And does it matter? We're all going to find the info in the same place anyway: online.

Chromepro

Smash Apprentice
hopefully it won't leak...
I would rather have it not spoiled for me and wait like a week or two..
but then again I would be so tempted.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
The first leaks are probably going to show up on 2ch and the Japanese equivalent of Smash Boards (if you listen to SMYN, you heard Gimpyfish mention it).

I'm hoping that they come soon. Perhaps as early as next week?

iLink

Smash Champion
It will most likely leak a few days before the japanese release. The case is usually someone has an inside job and gets their hands on the game ahead of time and then reveals all its goodies and secrets. (well most of the good ones anyways)

Coselm

Smash Ace
It will probably leak a few days before the Japanese release, but I don't know how quickly it would spread to here. Personally I'm probably going to stay away from the boards for a few weeks because I don't want anything to be ruined for me.

But yea some dude working at some game store in Japan will probably play it to no limit the day he gets it in his store, and reveal everything.

Or some lower level Nintendo worker frustrated with his day job will leak it all.

Who knows?

One thing is for sure...

When it does leak, everyone on this forum will know because there will be like a million different threads that are all like "Did you hear???" "Is it true???" "

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
hopefully it won't leak...
I would rather have it not spoiled for me and wait like a week or two..
but then again I would be so tempted.
Chances are it will leak.

I just wonder when. This week would nice.:)

Xanderous

Smash Lord
well, seeing as brawl supposedly already has 'gone gold' means its possible that we can start seeing leaks anytime from now on if lucky. if it is true, its now out of nintendo's hands
But it hasn't as far as we know.

shipoffools

Smash Journeyman
some game stores here are getting the games as much as three days early so if this carries over to Japan we could have it on MLK day... what a great way to honor the only person whose birthday we get out of school other than Jesus
my school is basically an all white catholic school that doesnt get off for mlk day..they say that being in school focusing on cultural diversity all day is a better sign of respect than sleeping in til 2pm...and we all naturally disagree.

/rant

also, when i say leak, i mean from some credable sorce, not some bum in his mom's basement making up a roster for attention. i mean like strategy guide shots or youtube videos of the the game being played. but if what this thread and the one that one guy wrote about the melee's leak is true, then the real leak might not be credable at all...it will be interesting how the next few weeks will pan out.

Maggirus

Smash Journeyman
We got the whole Melee roster one week before JP-relase, right? It was a business man, if I'm not wrong informed.

One week before JP-release is a good date for the leak. I think there are more people interested in Brawl today as in Melee this days. I think it could leak earlier.

One week - two weeks before JP-release. That sounds realistic.

Maggirus

Norm

Smash Lord
NNID
Sheldon86
when the japan release happens there will be mad leaks I'm pretty sure i'll hold off on coming here for a while then until i get the game and unlock everything.

I

i8waffles612

Once it is leaked, there should be just another whole section in the General Discussion just for the leaks lol

ssbmaster2007

Smash Journeyman
I very much doubt there will be any leak of the roster this week, and I think it is pretty unlikely it will be leaked next week.

Unless it is announced in an update on Smash Bros. Dojo, after it took a week off, which is a possibility, but I wouldn't my hopes up that high, we'd be fortunate just to get a newcomer or veteran revealed January 7th.

Top Bottom