• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

When/how will the roster (and other info) leak?

FrogButler

Smash Journeyman
The roster has already been leaked....Yup, unfortunantely, nin10dough's leak was real, and you will all see when the game comes out!
AND

no no, I believe the several well written paragraphs,

but the list is another story because I believe I remember reading it wasn't posted by the person, but rather in the guys name and people took it as truth.

If the list was posted by the same guy, than I'll believe it. But I still believe the several paragraphs I see being quoted.

Amen, brother!

I believe in JaJamaru, Cecil, Geno and Knuckles. BELIEVE!

The paragraphs I totally believe in. The list with Plusle and Minun with Tamagon? Yeah, no so much. Not to mention, the writing style between both is SO different I am almost convinced it was 2 different people.

balladofwindfishes

Smash Journeyman
it just screams something sakurai would do

it's the perfect time for a leak

he obviously is either a fantastic writer and actor, but it looks sinceraly like he is only a tester

it just seems like the cards are lining up and history is repeating as it did for Melee

LeuMasT

Smash Apprentice
no no, I believe the several well written paragraphs,

but the list is another story because I believe I remember reading it wasn't posted by the person, but rather in the guys name and people took it as truth.

If the list was posted by the same guy, than I'll believe it. But I still believe the several paragraphs I see being quoted.

Yeah. The second poster who gave the roster was completely out of character, probably not the real leak. I'm almost completely positive that it was a separate account, and considering it's copied in my rumors text, it was written in a completely different style. The stuff explaining subspace and some of the unlocking details makes the initial poster a very good fiction artist if he was lying.

The list with Tamagon + Plusle and Minon + Dixie etc. is just too out there, but the original has Sakurai's flavor for ideas very strong in it. JaJaMaru took me completely off guard, and yet I can completely see that happening. Captain Falcon's FS makes great sense for his series, also, for those who have played F-Zero. The Rival touch added something.

He has no credibility and didn't offer anything to his burden of proof, but he was very elegant. Whoever added the second half of the details is what ruined it for him. I'm not going to say he's right, but I've definitely archived what he said.

Xanderous

Smash Lord
AND

Amen, brother!

I believe in JaJamaru, Cecil, Geno and Knuckles. BELIEVE!

The paragraphs I totally believe in. The list with Plusle and Minun with Tamagon? Yeah, no so much. Not to mention, the writing style between both is SO different I am almost convinced it was 2 different people.
Sorry, but that list has been confirmed false by Serebii and the paragraphs were proven false by the Dojo itself.

balladofwindfishes

Smash Journeyman
and serebii is right? I hardley ever believe old joey

Either way, the list is probably fake, the actual paragraphs however are way too believeable AND mention nothing of Plusle or Minun

SPP Kirby

Smash Apprentice
Perhaps I missed it, because I'm in a hurry to get to work, but can someone copy and paste what this guy said?

The well written paragraph parts? The parts some of you believe is true? I don't care about the list that doesn't seem to be holding up, but if someone could post the parts that seem true, I'd appreciate it.

Thank you <3

teamrocketspy621

Smash Cadet
I have to say whether it's fake or not, it's sure re-energized my spirits for the game!
This whole "leak" has made me think, too. It might be true; but I find there's only a slim chance that Captain Falcon will be unlockable again after he was a starter in Melee.

WTF at Ganondorf pulling his sword out with his Down Special. Is it supposed to switch his moveset, like Zelda/Sheik? It doesn't seem to make any sense.

I'm pretty doubtful, though. There are multiple characters on that list who really have no chance. Knuckles? Seriously? He's got support, yeah, and he'd be a cool, original character, true, but for one thing, we're likely to only get one Sonic representative. And I think that if we could get a second rep from the Sonic series, it would be Tails. Not bias, I'm just saying, Tails has been around longer, is second in the series only to Sonic himself, etc. Knuckles is sort of like the "third banana" to Sonic.

Either this guy decided to take advantage of the timeframe (it's about time for real info to start leaking, although I'd give it a few more days to a week and a half before real leaks begin), or Sakurai was on something when he added Geno, Knuckles, Cecil (who the heck is Cecil, anyway? I've never heard of this guy), Plusle and Minun, Tamagon, and this obscure "JaJaMaru" guy.

balladofwindfishes

Smash Journeyman
Perhaps I missed it, because I'm in a hurry to get to work, but can someone copy and paste what this guy said?

The well written paragraph parts? The parts some of you believe is true? I don't care about the list that doesn't seem to be holding up, but if someone could post the parts that seem true, I'd appreciate it.

Thank you <3
1P MODE:

The Subspace Emissary:
Subspace Emissary is compariable to a choose your own path adventure game. The success and choices you make in your missions effect the outcome of the story. There are several different endings that rely on this factor. The better one preforms, the better the outcome will be (and the final coin reward).

The Subspace Emissary should be the first thing you play, as it unlocks various modes, characters, collectibles, CD's, and stages.

Upon beating Subspace Emissary with a good ending one unlocks:
X2 Sticker Packs
X5 Random Trophies
The Battleship Halberd Trophy
??? amount of coins (Usually a huge amount)
Stage: Subspace Palace
Game Mode: Subspace Survival
Game Mode: Boss Showdown! (only the 1P version)
Challenger: JaJaMaru (1st play through)
Subspace Emissary: Episode 2

Also, your Subspace Emissary accomplishments are displayed on the Wi-fi mode:' Top Brawler' profile. (Does not change your rank however).

JaJaMaru is a ninja, I have no clue what game he is from to be honest. He is really fun to play as, and is similar to Sheik except his shuriken are WAY stronger than the needles. His Final Smash is some sort of Frog too, as apposed to Sheik's Harp of the Sheikah, which is a lame attack.

Subspace Emissary: Episode 2 is a harder version of the original with an alternate story. (Unlocked character's have roles in it unlike the normal mode).
Since you are all curious about the Rank comment.

Top Brawler is a wi-fi mode that allows friends to view each others records over wi-fi. More importantly, there is a 'Top 100' list of players based on these profiles (the ones that submitted the information).

I imagine it will be quite an honor to be on this list once the game gets rolling. (I was ranked 17th! out of all the testers, in case you wanted to know) The number 1 brawler is known as The Top Brawler, and is rewarded with the Top Brawler Trophy. This stays in your collection forever.

There is a list of:

Wifi Matches Won/Lost
Vs Matches Won/Lost
Subspace Acheivements
KO's
Total Playtime
Damage Taken/ Given
Self-Destructs
Classic Mode Highscore
Target Test Best times
Smash Off (Formally Known as Multi-man Melee) Highscores
Homerun Contest Distance
Stickers Aquired
Trophies Aquired
Boss Trophies Aquired
Coin Total

There are many factors more that count toward the ranking formula...

Interestingly enough it also lists non-rankable statistics like which character your friend's play the most, their favorite item, Smash Balls broken, and other fun things.

Ridley is not in Brawl at all, not as a boss or character.
The Metroid series only has two playable characters, Sylux and Samus, and Sylux is very similar to Samus.

Anyway in response to the post over the Wi-Fi match part of ranking, it counts for every battle, the catch is that it is only seen in this mode.

Takamaru the samurai? He is in as an Assist Trophy yes.

Unlocking Captain Falcon is rather hard to explain but I will do my best.
Captain Falcon is in Brawl, you unlock him if you finish Zero Suit Samus's first mission (The first time you play as her)under one minute, and than choose him over Snake, win against Snake, and than pick him over Zero Suit Samus.
Captain Falcon is nearly the same as he was in Super Smash Brother's Melee, but is a bit slower. His Final Smash is "Final Stretch", a random fighter get's "Rival" over their head, and Captain Falcon's ship Blue Falcon,slams toward them (Usually KO'ing, and when it does KO, Captain Falcon crosses his arms and poses with cool fire around him).

Well, for those wondering about Lucario,
Lucario requires one to collect 100 trophies to unlock, to me one of the hardest characters to unlock.
His A moves are actually punch combos, every single one of them!
This might seem stale but his B moves make it work very nicely. His standard B move is a blue version of Mewtwo's dark ball, I think it is called Aura Blast or something. Smash+B is Vacuum Punch, which pulls the foe to Lucario. Up B, is Extremespeed, which is like Mewtwo's Teleport, but it is directional like Zelda's, and it causes damage. Down B is Counter, (Think Marth).
His Final Smash is 'Close Combat', he dashes at the opponent (Like Link's Final Smash), and than unleashes a blinding fury of punches, easily KO'ing the foe at 40%+.

Ness and Wolf are both in Brawl, to get them you must beat Classic with Lucas and Fox respectively.

Wolf O'Donnell is an interesting character actually, because he plays much differently from Fox (Unlike Falco in Super Smash Brothers: Melee) He has no Blaster, instead he uses a Rocket Launcher similar to Snake's, and his UP+B is a Jet Pack. If anything he plays like Snake!

Sonic pairs with Pit/ Mario/ Kirby depending on the choices you make in the Subspace Emissary. You unlock Knuckles actually, by beating c-lassic Mode with him on Hard.

Knuckles is one the better characters to be honest. He is basically overpowered. He is a very heavy character, yet he is also fast on his feet... and he has tons of strong punches. He can actually climb ledges, when you use his UP B, which is Echindna Glide, and can burrow underground with his DOWN B. His Final Smash is a powerful punch to the ground that literally KO's anyone it hits, damaging anyone one the ground with shockwaves.

Capcom has no part of this game, so those asking for Pheonix Wright and Megaman are out of luck.
You can expect however, to see two of Square's characters, Cecil and Geno. If you need more detail, Cecil is a faster version of Ike, with a different Final Smash, and Geno is a blue Scarecrow from some obscure Mario game that attacks using stars and lazers.

Yes, there are third party bosses, as Dr. Eggman andMetal Gear are fought in the Subspace Emissary.
Ganondorf is definately in, and he actually has his own moveset. His appearence is much different from that of Super Smash Brother's:Melee, and he has a white hole in his chest for some reason. His Down: B pulls out a light sword too, which I thought was very out of character. He has alot of magic based attacks, and is slower than Ike.
Does anyone have any non-character related queries, I feel like I'm just telling you what characters are in Super Smash Brothers: Brawl.

Alright there are 500 trophies in total, and 44 characters.As per my testing, I've tested extensively where I know everything there is to know about the game. I'm taking the time to read everyone's posts, so forgive me for the lack of speedy replies.
All charactershave different color schemes, but yes only Wario has an Alternate costume...
For the person asking about Top Brawler, I will tell you that is concent only, and the only way you can view a profile is by having that person on your Friend List.
I'm spent, I can't keep up with all the questions. Good night everyone, I will be back again soon after a good rest, and by than I'll have the energy to post longer replies to all your questions.
This is what I believe

shipoffools

Smash Journeyman
this whole forum has been in an uproar the last few weeks, and its only going to get worse this month. tensions are rising, pretty much every thread is full of flaming. half the threads get locked within five minutes thanks to the onslaught of noobs comming. people have been here for a week have more posts then me, and probably dont even know what SWF stands for. does not help we havent had an update in over a week.

i really wish everything would just leak already so all the above would just go away.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
You know if sakurai would give us some info once in a while it'd be eaier to disprov these theories and leaks!

Novus

Smash Apprentice
<i>serebii, if that really is you, what is your word to anyone elses :x</i>

He actually has reliable sources.

lumberheartwood

Smash Journeyman
If you guys want to know, I say January 15th is the most likely day we will get an "official" leak. Why you ask? Thats easy. All the credible gaming/anime magazines release new issues, and in my opinion, we will definitely be given new information. All of the magazines have posted Brawl information in December. They can't retell anything new since no new characters have erupted and the one week hiatus makes it impossible for them to rewrite their information. Usually, they also finish publishing one week in advance so therefore, everything is almost completed to be printed. They can't put any new information really without being shunned and I think Nintendo would give indeed some scoops to them as advertisement/marketing. Therefore, they must have some knowledge to make sales for the first month of this fiscal year.

If the magazines don't work for you, then the theory of history repeating itself is another reason why the 15th is a likely day. Melee was leaked two weeks in advance, but was denied until a day before the Japanese release. If the quantum theory still holds up, a leak is inevitable and will at least show up two weeks in advance too. Most likely, the 15th is a great day since its part of this time formula.

Lastly, I'd say popular web sites were given secret footage, like IGN, but held secret until the blabbermouths gave the spoilers away. It seems true, because with all of the press/interviews, maybe Nintendo really did give secrets away, at the cost of secrecy for now and then giving it away as their way for commerce. Kind of like a pay until this day system really.

That's all I have. If anyone is expecting a leak, then the 15th is a guarantee day to check the internet or hide yourself away to not be surprised. Hope all of you agree on this. If not, then post your ideas about this too. Keep this thread alive. ;)

cswright

Smash Apprentice
serebii has been correct on all Pokemon-related comments he's made, namely Pokeball inclusions and the like I believe.

LeuMasT

Smash Apprentice
I'm glad Serebii is around, but seriously, lay off on him. He and his source are in jeopardy over this issue, and could as well just be covering their own rears with the information we're getting. Be glad we have what we do.

Demon Kirby

Smash Champion
the list contradicts itself, the Dojo, and pretty much all other sources.

My favorite one was:

Ridley is not in Brawl at all, not as a boss or character.
The Metroid series only has two playable characters, Sylux and Samus, and Sylux is very similar to Samus.
Yarr. A staple character to the Metroid series who tied second with Ike, Diddy, and Geno (two of which are in) on Sakurai's poll, is not in in any way, shape, or form.

But that's not what really bothered me. What bothered me was that, if this is true, we're getting a third Samus . . .

. . . nty

balladofwindfishes

Smash Journeyman
I don't see how that's a contridiction... just an oddity.

even so, this thread isn't actually the place to discuss this specific, or any rumor for that matter, but rather to discuss the topic addressed.

CatLikeThief

Smash Rookie
Could someone post nin10dough's predicted roster? I saw his written paragraphs and some things, such as JaJaMaru and Lucario, sound very believable. I'd appreciate it.

FrogButler

Smash Journeyman
Could someone post nin10dough's predicted roster? I saw his written paragraphs and some things, such as JaJaMaru and Lucario, sound very believable. I'd appreciate it.
-Previously Unconfirmed Characters Include:
-JaJaMaru
-Sheik
-Sylux
-Capt. Falcon
-Lucario
-Ness
-Wolf O' Donnell
-Falco
-Ganondorf
-Knuckles <- YES!
-Cecil
-Geno

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
the list contradicts itself, the Dojo, and pretty much all other sources.

My favorite one was:

Yarr. A staple character to the Metroid series who tied second with Ike, Diddy, and Geno (two of which are in) on Sakurai's poll, is not in in any way, shape, or form.

But that's not what really bothered me. What bothered me was that, if this is true, we're getting a third Samus . . .

. . . nty
Rid;ey will get in, but if he's not playable it will be bad.

Top Bottom