• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

When/how will the roster (and other info) leak?

OrlanduEX

Smash Lord
You think they'll unlock all the characters that fast?
Subspace Emissary is what like 10 hours? And knowing the Japanese, they'll finish in half the time. I think most characters will come from that. Also, if Brawl is anything like Melee, then lot's of stuff will be unlockable by playing lots of versus matches. I'm pretty sure someone will play a few hundred 1 stock super sudden death matches just to unlock stuff. Then there's cheating devices like Datel's Wii Drive Doctor. Just trust me, we will know quite soon after Brawl comes out if it doesn't get leaked. I give it 4 days after Brawl's release and that's a stretch.

susu_atari

Smash Ace
I'm going to try and avoid the internet until I get my copy. I've got a pre-order from Play-Asia.com, so I should be playing it on... probably the 26th.

ExtremeBrawler

Smash Cadet
Some hours after Japanese release,we will know some character form YouTube,it's sure
Or,if someone will spoil the official guide on Internet,everyone...

Drack

Smash Apprentice
It's pretty simple. I have a modded Wii. When the Japanese game is leaked to the internet (This typically happens about 2 weeks prior to release, so about a week from now) I'll download it. This means I should have it within a week or so. Of course I'll buy the game when it comes out in the USA (I'm not out to screw Nintendo, I just want Brawl early), and I've already heard all the antipiracy arguments so please spare me the trouble.

I will be posting a clearly marked spoiler thread with all the info I can find, and if asked for proof I can provide pics, and MAYBE vids. If that's not enough proof, then don't believe me. Yeah, this is my first post here. I registered for the express purpose of doing this. If you don't trust me because of this, then don't trust me. I'm doing this as a service.

Trophyhunter

Smash Apprentice
Obviously somewhere where, you havn't been
That's why I said I wouldn't get my hopes up about it though, mentioning that it is possible, doesn't necessarily mean it is probable, I'm just not ruling it out.

I'm guessing that the roster will contain roughly 38 characters, I would love it if there were more, but I don't think it will exceed 40 by much if it does at all, 40 would be a good numbers though, but it could be less, that is quite a lot of playable characters.

Some of the unconfirmed characters I think have enough of a chance of being playable to be worth mentioning I will list below.

Newcomers

Lucario
Krystal
Ridley
Wolf

Veterans

Luigi
Captain Falcon
Jigglypuff

The least likely one to make it out of those imo may be Jigglypuff, though I think since it has been in both the Super Smash Bros. games, I think it has somewhat of a chance of returning.

I know there are more than 7 more unrevealed characters in Brawl, but the above mentioned are the only ones I could think of that I think have a reason chance of being in it.
Ummm wolf was confirmed as an AT. But yeah they will be some sort of huge spoiler leak which is why I propse we add spoiler tags!

Matt Silver

Smash Journeyman
In a world where there is no Sakurai. Only Link...
You know what really bugs me? That you people are saying how you should avoid the internet for a week or so until you get your copy in AMERICA! It's so nuts that here in AUSTRALIA we would have to avoid for like 4 to 6 MONTHS. [/rant]

Anyway, I predict a roster leak a few days or so before the release. Avoiding it is a topic for another thread. Btw TrophyHunter, give me your source for Wolf as AT...

Noa.

Smash Master
I want to keep a roster as a surprise for me until I unlock them. Then, when I have tried all the ways to unlock a character that I could think of, I would go online to find out the rest of the roster.

gigasteve

Smash Ace
The character list was posted about a month before the Japanese release on the IGN Smash boards. Naturally, no one believed it (Dr. Mario? Young Link? Pichu? And who the heck is Roy?)

Funny stuff.
Can we trust this guy if he gives Brawl info, then?

gigasteve

Smash Ace
It would be nice if threads had *SPOILER(S)* in the title, so we can come here later without fear.

shipoffools

Smash Journeyman
I know what you mean. Every time I see that there are over 200 people in General Brawl Discussion or if the boards are running really slow, I think "OMG, is the roster leaked?!" (yes, I think in internet acronyms)

shipoffools - Hieronymous Bosch fan?
hm? no. it is an allusion to the Brand New song, Millstone.

Also, I think much the same way. Another mindgame SWF plays on me is when I come to the SWF homepage and i look at the General Brawl forum, sometimes the release date changed to feb 10 is the thread showing, but it cuts off after "Relsease date Changed!" and every time i think its an additional delay and every time my heart drops. lol

ssbmaster2007

Smash Journeyman
Under newcomers, I am very surprised you did not mention Olimar. And under veterans, no Ganondorf?
Actually, I forgot about him sorry about that. :urg:

Thanks for reminding me, he is one of the more likely veterans to return, but with a different moveset, I hope.

I edited that post with that list of some characters I think are likely newcomers and returning veterans, adding Ganondorf to it.

But I don't think Olimar would be a good newcomer at all, but Melee had Dr. Mario, Pichu, Mr. Game & Watch, and Young Link, so who knows who may be in Brawl.

MeleeMan

Smash Ace
NNID
WilderFTW
3DS FC
2105-9709-5961
Well I remember the Melee leak quite well. We had heard who was in the roster, but many people still didn't believe. It took until November 20 for us to get proof. I found these pictures on that day, one day before the Japanese release. SO I wouldn't expect any photo evidence for awhile.

Here's the link to that topic. Pics dont work anymore though...

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=6954&highlight=meleeman

psyniac_123

Smash Ace
I'm thinking that on the day of the Japanese release Sakurai will post it all the Japanese section of the DOJO and say on all the other sections that it's there if you want it, or avoid it if you don't.

balladofwindfishes

Smash Journeyman
The roster has already been leaked....Yup, unfortunantely, nin10dough's leak was real, and you will all see when the game comes out!
I wish it's real, honestly, I can see it. It's pretty believeable, and looks a little like too much work for a troll to bother.

People may not believe it, but it IS later than the Melee leak timeframe already, so stuff IS going to start to come out.

MK-Ultra

Smash Apprentice
It's real. Sorry to say! But that does mean an amazing roster for us! better than anyone imagined!

MK-Ultra

Smash Apprentice
To each his own I s'pose! I'm content as can be... some beautiful little surprises.

okiyama

Smash Ace
When: Soon after Japanese release or if the Prima guide has a list, right when the first person gets it and posts it.
Where: Smash Boards

balladofwindfishes

Smash Journeyman
Tamagon....? KNUCKLES???

sorry I can't believe this.
no no, I believe the several well written paragraphs,

but the list is another story because I believe I remember reading it wasn't posted by the person, but rather in the guys name and people took it as truth.

If the list was posted by the same guy, than I'll believe it. But I still believe the several paragraphs I see being quoted.

balladofwindfishes

Smash Journeyman
I also believe Sakurai has total rightsto the Sonic universe, so there's no reason not to include a second popular character from the series, and who better than the single most famous ant eater ever, who's built for fighting and famous for it.

Novus

Smash Apprentice
1) If Tamagon were playable, then when we got the Devil AT it wouldn't have had the generic Smash symbol.
2) He pretends that the hole in Ganondorfs chest doesn't make sense and that his sword is "out of character" yet he knows the name of the sword.
3) He "guesses" Lucario's move name, and yet, knew to use the word Aura.
4) He wishes to remain anonymous, yet says his ranking from the beta.
5) He said there would be 44 characters, and then listed 45.
6) He said there would be a Top 100 within your friends, yet you can only have 64 friends at once.
7) He says Lucario is hard to unlock with 100 trophies, yet says there are 500 total trophies and you get an "insane amount of coins" upon clearing SSE.
8) Serebii has said his information is false.

There's more, but I really don't need to go on. The only thing this wannabe prophet did right was timing...everyone is on edge about leaks.

Boofer

Smash Ace
I also believe Sakurai has total rightsto the Sonic universe, so there's no reason not to include a second popular character from the series, and who better than the single most famous ant eater ever, who's built for fighting and famous for it.
As much as I wish it would happen, I don't think Sakurai would want to add so many Sonic characters for a Nintendo allstars game.

IWontGetOverTheDam

Smash Lord
1) If Tamagon were playable, then when we got the Devil AT it wouldn't have had the generic Smash symbol.
2) He pretends that the hole in Ganondorfs chest doesn't make sense and that his sword is "out of character" yet he knows the name of the sword.
3) He "guesses" Lucario's move name, and yet, knew to use the word Aura.
4) He wishes to remain anonymous, yet says his ranking from the beta.
5) He said there would be 44 characters, and then listed 45.
6) He said there would be a Top 100 within your friends, yet you can only have 64 friends at once.
7) He says Lucario is hard to unlock with 100 trophies, yet says there are 500 total trophies and you get an "insane amount of coins" upon clearing SSE.
8) Serebii has said his information is false.

There's more, but I really don't need to go on. The only thing this wannabe prophet did right was timing...everyone is on edge about leaks.

Word.

10char

Top Bottom