• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

When/how will the roster (and other info) leak?

ssbmaster2007

Smash Journeyman
That's why I said I wouldn't get my hopes up about it though, mentioning that it is possible, doesn't necessarily mean it is probable, I'm just not ruling it out.

I'm guessing that the roster will contain roughly 38 characters, I would love it if there were more, but I don't think it will exceed 40 by much if it does at all, 40 would be a good numbers though, but it could be less, that is quite a lot of playable characters.

Some of the unconfirmed characters I think have enough of a chance of being playable to be worth mentioning I will list below.

Newcomers

Lucario
Krystal
Ridley
Wolf

Veterans

Luigi
Ganondorf
Captain Falcon
Jigglypuff

The least likely one to make it out of those imo may be Jigglypuff, though I think since it has been in both the Super Smash Bros. games, I think it has somewhat of a chance of returning.

I know there are more than 7 more unrevealed characters in Brawl, but the above mentioned are the only ones I could think of that I think have a reason chance of being in it.

OrlanduEX

Smash Lord
I think a roster leak would be a good thing for everyone. Leaking at least a few more characters would boost interest for the game as all the character updates have so far.

FrogButler

Smash Journeyman
That's why I said I wouldn't get my hopes up about it though, mentioning that it is possible, doesn't necessarily mean it is probable, I'm just not ruling it out.

I'm guessing that the roster will contain roughly 38 characters, I would love it if there were more, but I don't think it will exceed 40 by much if it does at all, 40 would be a good numbers though, but it could be less, that is quite a lot of playable characters.

Some of the unconfirmed characters I think have enough of a chance of being playable to be worth mentioning I will list below.

Newcomers

Lucario
Krystal
Ridley
Wolf

Veterans

Luigi
Captain Falcon
Jigglypuff

The least likely one to make it out of those imo may be Jigglypuff, though I think since it has been in both the Super Smash Bros. games, I think it has somewhat of a chance of returning.

I know there are more than 7 more unrevealed characters in Brawl, but the above mentioned are the only ones I could think of that I think have a reason chance of being in it.
Under newcomers, I am very surprised you did not mention Olimar. And under veterans, no Ganondorf?

shipoffools

Smash Journeyman

Newcomers

Lucario
Krystal
Ridley
Wolf

Veterans

Luigi
Captain Falcon
Jigglypuff

Mr. Game and Watch via the Icon Theory as well.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Why does everyone think it will leak? It's not like it's scheduled to happen on a certain day, I've heard Nintendo are extremly tight lipped when it comes to their games and with the melee leak they'll be even more tight. It may happen and it may not happen.

Magically Enhanced Hobo

Smash Journeyman
I come from the land of the ice and snow..
I'm gonna say about a week before the Japanese release, like Galaxy and Halo 3. Although those were worldwide releases, so who knows?

Anyways, all I'm going to look at is the roster. That's not a huge spoiler, since we won't know movesets, etc. I don't see what the big deal about spoiling the roster is anyway. I'll be just as surprised at finding out X character is in, only I'll know sooner, and I'll know them all at once. The stuff that shouldn't be spoiled is SSE, etc. It's a fighting game, not an RPG.

Besides, stopping the year+ of speculation that's filled this forum like a frigging cancer is worth spoiling the roster for myself any day.

Kittah4

Smash Ace
I'm gonna say about a week before the Japanese release, like Galaxy and Halo 3. Although those were worldwide releases, so who knows?

Anyways, all I'm going to look at is the roster. That's not a huge spoiler, since we won't know movesets, etc. I don't see what the big deal about spoiling the roster is anyway. I'll be just as surprised at finding out X character is in, only I'll know sooner, and I'll know them all at once. The stuff that shouldn't be spoiled is SSE, etc. It's a fighting game, not an RPG.

Besides, stopping the year+ of speculation that's filled this forum like a frigging cancer is worth spoiling the roster for myself any day.
Indeed. I'm not sure how we'll get the roster, or if I'll even believe it unless its like 50 pics from a japanese strategy guide. I do know I'm more than ready to see the full roster, like, NOW. I'm sick of waiting and worrying who will be in it or not.

The game is not guarenteed to leak, I don't think, until some unscrupulous 3rd party person like a japanese retailer gets ahold of it and dumps it.

sonic smash down

Smash Lord
personally since sakurai is tryin to keep this game top secret till the release i don't think we'll get any info on secret stuff till the japanese release.

but i could be wrong because of what happened wit melee's roster leak

WeeklyJumpman

Smash Journeyman
I have the full strategy guide in my back pocket; I'm just not gonna post it anytime soon. Sorry.
But let me say just one thing: There is a method to make some of the Assist Figures playa- *Nintendo knocks on my door* Oh no, guys! I'd better hide! They're on to me! *gunfire*

genosall

Smash Journeyman
in your computer waiting for when you get closer t
there will be about 3 peapole who will know the roster and post here, but only one of them will post it and they will be discarded as one of the many flamers and banned. it will happen. and we will not know who it is, so pick a roster to belive in and wait untill the 24th.

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
Mags get the game prior to release. I say we get leak on the 10th (two weeks before).

Titan05

Smash Journeyman
I think the week before release we'll know the roster for sure. Everything before that will need to be examined closely

startoonhero

Smash Apprentice
most likely, it would come from a shady source like many of u had sed. becuz like, if u had the roster.. would u go around and parade it? how bout if nintendo comes to get u?!?! they are all powerful!!

dun dun dun!!!!

Mr.Loser

Smash Apprentice
So pretty much we can say that there will be a few different ways that the leak can happen

1) A credible Japanese store gets the game guide and puts it on the shelves. This would be about one or two weeks ahead of time

2) 1~2 days after Japan gets the game people from Smash Boards (SamuraiPanda comes to mind) will translate what they find on the internet about brawl.

3) A Japanse game company/review show (or an american game company/review show gets the game . I believe X-Play something like this before). About 1 or 2 weeks at the most in advance

4) Sakurai gets bored and releases the entire roster on the dojo. Not likely but probable. This could be from the 7th till after Japans release (but we won't care because we should know it by then)

Any others

MK-Ultra

Smash Apprentice
4) Sakurai gets bored and releases the entire roster on the dojo. Not likely but probable. This could be from the 7th till after Japans release (but we won't care because we should know it by then)
What?

huh?

Santini

Smash Journeyman
I know what you mean. Every time I see that there are over 200 people in General Brawl Discussion or if the boards are running really slow, I think "OMG, is the roster leaked?!" (yes, I think in internet acronyms)

shipoffools - Hieronymous Bosch fan?

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
"Probable" and "likely" are synonyms. :ohwell:

I was actually just talking about that in a thread earlier today.

Pyr0

Smash Ace
Sakurai will leak tomorrow... he can't hold it anylonger, hes been drinking too much coffee ya'know.

xD Lame joke xD

M.K

Level 55
Sakurai will leak tomorrow... he can't hold it anylonger, hes been drinking too much coffee ya'know.

xD Lame joke xD
...and (hopefully) some time in January Sakurai's water will break, causing the premature birth of his only son/daughter/floppy disc...Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

XD

Chepe

Smash Lord
...and (hopefully) some time in January Sakurai's water will break, causing the premature birth of his only son/daughter/floppy disc...Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

XD
Oh wow I actually did bust up reading this one... :laugh:

I expect our bucket to be filled in just a week or two.

Rominati

Smash Cadet
Its comming. In a matter of fact its ridicously close. Im expecting this time next week. And if not this time in the week after next week.

Mr.Loser

Smash Apprentice
hahahahahah

I think you meant "possible"
One definition of probable- Likely but uncertain; plausible. Dictionary.com

Yes there is the possibilty of someone getting there hands on the game, but the guy would probably be playing the game, not going onto any forums. I would wait a day or two before posting about it :p

OrlanduEX

Smash Lord
What if the people in Japan make up the roster or what if they never tell us? I'm not saying they would but what if they did.
It's impossible. Gameplay videos will flood the net and there will be plenty of legitimate Japanese websites that we can glean the info from. We will know the whole roster a day or two after Brawl comes out if not sooner.

Top Bottom