• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's the worst thing that's happened to you because of playing too hard?

omnicloud7strife

Smash Apprentice
Let me be more clear.

I have a deep, control stick shaped gash in my thumb. This is because I play CONSTANTLY (several hours a day, normally between 1 and 4 am, or when people are around).

So, since this is really a question for any game, I'm wondering what the worst thing that's happened to you is. Mine is damaging my body (see: thumb gash). Anyone got something else? :D

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
One of my Gamecube controllers has a bit of wire(as in the metal part) exposed just above where it enters the controller.

One time when I was using it I had really sweaty hands and I brushed off it,I got a pretty big shock from it.

It left a nasty red mark for like 4 days.

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
Well just in Brawl, not any physical injuries, my control is pretty screwd up though.

Mario Kart on the DS, that's a different story. I would dig my palms in the the bottom edges of the DS until by the end of a Cup between friends with non-stop drifting, my hands would be completly red and there would be a minor bruise on each hand.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Once after winning I threw the controllr and the round part of the gc controller hit my eye and I got a shiner.... does that count?

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
On New Years Eve in 2007 when I was playing DBZ Budokai for Gamecube I was in the burst zone three or four times in a tournament match. In the burst zone you must constantly rotate the control stick as fast as you can for about 10-15 seconds in order to win it. After enduring those three to four burst zones I took off some skin in the middle of my left palm. It only hurt for a few days but it sucked; especially everytime I washed my hands.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I have a super-hardcore callus on my thumb from trying to do 720s on the PS3's dpad. But it's awesome.

I just got my stick though, so sadly it will probably disappear.

Frank West

Smash Apprentice
Well once during a melee match it came down to a really close sudden death, and just as my opponent lands the finishing blow on me, I farted. does that count?

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I only got 85% in a biology test.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I got blisters from rotating the stick too much on my 64mote. Since I was a little kid they complained about my blisters and I gots a free glove =D:chuckle: btw the game was mario party:chuckle: yay free stuff!!!

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
I almost pelted my controller at Denzi. And my little sister. Numerous times. Does that count?

Mugen Infinity

Smash Apprentice
Once my L-Button was being a piece of **** in Melee, so it got a hard (and well deserved) toss against the wall of my basement. It was only a few months old too :ohwell:

I guess no physical damage was done to me, but let's just say I turned one controller into 4 controllers...

†Slader7†

Smash Ace
Cool story bro :)

As for me, I guess I almost fry'ed my Wii from playing too much during the summer. I didn't knew that the Wii's fan was jammed so I just kept on playing it until I actually touched it and it was super hot. It took me several hours to fix that fan.
Personal injuries: nope

mzink*

Smash Ace
Um my eyes became quite swollen and irritated from staring at the screen. Couldn't wear my contacts for a couple days, I don't have glasses so I had to go blind lol.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Once while playing Ninja Gaiden 2(on Master ninja mode)

I smashed my 360 controller out of sheer frustration.

If anyone knows the game it was at the bit where you fight Genshin on the Airship Daedalus,he has these ******** ninjas with him that just spam explosive projectiles that also happen to be extremely powerful.(If you miss blocking 1 your getting hit by 20 unless your extremely lucky)

I must have died like 30 times and I flipped when I almost killed him then his gimps got me.

Awesome game though....

GALE 14

Smash Journeyman
omg the first day with wii sport
ohh god after 2 hours
i couldn't move auh

Neo Exdeath

Smash Ace
Nothing, really. Though, when I was unlocking Mewtwo in Melee, The Gamecube made a noise during a sleepover with my friend while we were sleeping. Turns my friend's character had jumped on to the turtle on Great Bay. The stupid rumble got us really scared stiff.

~Radiance~

Meow-Meow, Choco-Chow
NNID
LatiasLulu
3DS FC
4098-3185-5390
i lost several times in a row against my friend. He and I were equal players but he was besting me that day. Lets just say a controller was thrown at the floor, and i said some bad stuff before storming out.

Handorin

Smash Hero
Let me be more clear.

I have a deep, control stick shaped gash in my thumb. This is because I play CONSTANTLY (several hours a day, normally between 1 and 4 am, or when people are around).

So, since this is really a question for any game, I'm wondering what the worst thing that's happened to you is. Mine is damaging my body (see: thumb gash). Anyone got something else? :D
What kind of controller do you have? O.o Normal GC controls shouldn't do that. I've played Melee for at least 10hours a day for 2-3 days straight in some tournaments, and I've never heard of that happening.

One of my Gamecube controllers has a bit of wire(as in the metal part) exposed just above where it enters the controller.

One time when I was using it I had really sweaty hands and I brushed off it,I got a pretty big shock from it.

It left a nasty red mark for like 4 days.
Again, that can't be normal. I've worn down control sticks and all it is a lot of rubber over a plastic center.

I don't ever really get angry or anything if I'm playing too hard. Though, sometimes I might get frustrated if I continuously mess up something.

I guess the worst that has happened to me was when I intended to throw my controller on the floor, but my sofa was in front of me because I was sitting cross-legged on it. The controller flew right back at me and hit me in the nose.
That calmed my anger for some reason, but what are the chances of that happening?

.Marik

is a social misfit
I went into rage mode one day when I was playing Melee and smashed my controller into the wall, creating a fairly large hole.

I was also sent to a psychiatric hospital later that day. >____<

Stupid f*cking foster parents.

AlexoftheAura

yaylatias.gif
NNID
AlexoftheAura
This post was made in memory of all controllers who suffered tragic deaths at the hands of P.O.ed gamers everywhere.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
my hands can't handle hardcore technical training in melee anymore lol, it's hard

it's VERY helpful to do daily wrist and finger stretches if you're gonna play a lot

just like how stretching your body before u exercise is important or else ur muscles and body will get easily tired and messed up

logic : D

STRETCHES help prevent/reduce risk of tendonitis and carpal tunnel

Axx o Nn

Smash Rookie
Carpal tunnel really sucks.

And when the little rubber covering on my gamecube controller fell off it started cutting up my finger every time I played. :(

StriCNYN3

Smash Journeyman
Okay two things.

This hasn't happened to me since I'm lucky I never get hurt playing video games, but my friend. He forced me to play Dragonball Z: Tenkaichi (or maybe Budokai). It was one of those parts when two beams collide and you have to keep rolling around the analog stick as fast as you can. Of course, he somehow gashes the side of his thumb

Me and my brothers were playing Twisted Metal 4 on some type of digital world level. My brother was getting shot down by Axel and some tank vehicle thingy, and while he was running away, I froze him and he slides off a cliff. My brother complains that everyone was "double teaming" him, gets really mad, throws and cracks MY controller on the floor, and the 2nd one on my little brother's face by accident.

ƸArcher¤AngelusƷ

Smash Apprentice
um well lets see i usally give up when i lose to much when it come to playing smash brother, and when i play resident evil 5 i get scared and panic at the sight of a zombie XD and one time me and my sis were running around in the house and i close the door to a room but i didn't my sis was behind me and her and the door nob .... well met each other, she know has a dent in her forhead...... i think she is ganna keep that for ever DX

Top Bottom