• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's the dumbest thing you've ever heard someone say about Smash?

Status
Not open for further replies.

L__

Smash Master
I'm sorry.

"**** you i was originally talking to the maker of this video NOT his fanboys. you piece of **** you probably only hate brawl because you dont have a wii. your right about one thing, brawl only has half of some of that gay **** from melee. wavedashing is cheap, and theres no strategy to it besides annoying the crap out of people.you think i suck? id kick your *** on wi-fi- oh, thats right, you dont have a wii, so youd rather hate ssbb than actually play it for once."

-Youtube Quote

LUCUS11

Smash Rookie
What Sonic in Melee? Beat Classic in 2 sec? Get 243242354543534534526575676 kos in cruel melee to unlock him and Tails!!!
I'm there. I'll get right on that, right after I unlock Luigi in Super Mario 64...

That was me 2 years ago >_<

PoodleBot

Smash Rookie
So I go to UW, and a bit after brawl came out our crew went to a Gameclucks brawl+melee tourney to play against combo status. There was no one there for melee except our two crews, so while everyone else had a brawl tourney, we sat at the back of the place and had melee friendlies.

After some time, this guy came swaggering to the back to try and get to a brawl TV that was past our section, and he had to walk past us. He slowed down while walking by our stations, and with this really smug grin on his face said "Ha! Have fun with FAILee." Then he tripped on one of our cords.

Jboy313

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Braunz
"wheres my second jump thats how i always die"

this friend isnt really a newb but he can't figure out why you can't jump out of a "death spiral" or why you can't jump after getting hit by certain moves. It just kinda pisses me off how he says im cheap when really hes just stupid =p

in smash 64 after you get hit in the air right after ur up b you cant do it again..

Dacacia

Smash Journeyman
My friends banned me from playing Falco because 'his forward smash is too powerful'. I decided not to show them pillaring...

Also, whenever I wavedash, edgehog or generally do anything even remotely skillful I get accused of using 'dirty youtube' techniques.

The Irish Mafia

Banned via Administration
People play that card a lot when they lose.

Also, a friend of mine started playing Melee with me.
We were on FD, no items.
He picked CF, I picked Marth, and another friend picked Kirby (he's good, though).
CF dude sits there practically the whole match spamming B moves.
I just so happen to have the edge on them when I forward smashed my Kirby friend into a beautiful KO.
I went for another tipper and fsmashed CF.
He cries out "That was n00bish! That was so n00bish!" and he sits there talking about how I spammed the whole match.
>_>

Worse yet, I kicked his tail and my Kirby friend's tail with Falco.
CF player is embarrassed, so he resorts to insults.
He tells the story of how my Brawl disk got broken.

N00bs can really irritate the crap out of you.
Luckily he's okay now that he knows I'm very good at what I do.
I guess it's because he destroyed me on Soul Caliber 3, which I've never played before (he played smash, though).

On a side note, SC 3 is VERY, VERY boring.
Mini-combo, mini-combo, grab -> throw, mini-combo....
Seriously, either he didn't know all of the moves, or SC 3 is very repetitive.
I basically blocked, attacked, blocked, and repeated.
Melee is much better.
This happens to me.
All my friends recently took up an interest in smash, and, well, my presence on smashboards should tell you that I know some advanced stuff, so I basically pass this information onto friends. However, they only play:
Items on high
Corneria or Temple ( I sometimes get Pokemon Stadium in)
Most of the time, random character
4 for all
Brawl.

Now, I've convinced some friends that to get good at brawl, you gotta get good at melee. About 2 friends listen, so I train them. None the less, if I wanna play with more than 4 people, I need to play brawl. Since I'm good, if I loose 1 match (I mean, getting 2nd place), my friends yell "NOOB!" and give me crap about it for the rest of the week. They are *convinced* that the only difference between melee and brawl is brawl's vast superiority with stages, items, and characters (while they limit all three). The pissy thing is, I can play on un-neutral stages, with items, and will let my friends choose my character for me, and no matter what, I get crap. In summary, If I win, I get crap for using advanced stuff, if I loose, I get crap for not finding their perfect medium of advanced technique and lack-of-gimp.

lolrant.

BROWNxEYEDxBEAST

Smash Cadet
n00b- "I'd play in pro tournaments, but they all do that shadow dashing **** or whatever."
me- "Never speak to me or anyone else ever again or I will rip your arms off and beat you with them."

Ok, so I didn't really say that back. But I should have.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
Me: Hey, who do you think has a stronger Bair and Fsmash? Fox or Falco?
Friend1: Probably Falco for the Bair and Fox for the Fsmash
Friend2: Wait...what is Falco's Bsmash?

Eaode

Smash Champion
ME: "You know Fox actually has the best move in the game?"
Friend: "Yeah I know. That move where he freakin' wooshes across the stage is SOOO annoying!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom