• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's the dumbest thing you've ever heard someone say about Smash?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LSDX

Wah!
Brawl Player: "Brawl is better than Melee you n00b. It has better graphics obviously!"
Melee Player: "Two words: Advanced Tech"
People really are corrupt by Brawl here...*Sigh*

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
-Why do you hate Brawl?
-Brawl is fun
-Brawl has more mindgames than Melee

You know, the usual.

The dumbest thing I've ever heard someone say is this: "SSB has smash in the title because you s"MASH" the buttons on the controller" Then the person preceded to laugh histerically. This happened in real life not over the internet which makes it all the more dumb.

oddgloat

Smash Cadet
There's programming in the game that makes you not be able to do stuff. The game is making me triangle-jump. Look, try wavedashing with my character right now, the game wont let you. There's "control" programmed in the game. You're not even good, you just know how to get the control on your side. When someone doesn't have control they have no invincibility frames when getting back on to the stage and it won't let you tech when you land and your shield gets stabbed when it shouldn't. When you have control, even the smallest shield with G&W or DK can block any move. See, you can just roll right through my fsmash and when i try to roll through yours i get swatted way out. Also, when someone has control, they are given an arbitrary increase in "speed" and "freedom of movement" and the other person gets penalized by not being able to wavedash, etc. Keep in mind, it is believed that this is actually part of the game's code.

I had another post in this same thread somewhere that sounds similar, but this is the newer, most evolved version as of right now.

To sum it up, when you are losing the game is making you lose, and when you are winning, the game is letting you win.

3 year on-going john I've been hearing. Which is why you might see me asking for odd statistics on shield stabbing, etc (*Grunt*).

Grunt

Smash Master
There's programming in the game that makes you not be able to do stuff. The game is making me triangle-jump. Look, try wavedashing with my character right now, the game wont let you. There's "control" programmed in the game. You're not even good, you just know how to get the control on your side. When someone doesn't have control they have no invincibility frames when getting back on to the stage and it won't let you tech when you land and your shield gets stabbed when it shouldn't. When you have control, even the smallest shield with G&W or DK can block any move. See, you can just roll right through my fsmash and when i try to roll through yours i get swatted way out. Also, when someone has control, they are given an arbitrary increase in "speed" and "freedom of movement" and the other person gets penalized by not being able to wavedash, etc. Keep in mind, it is believed that this is actually part of the game's code.

I had another post in this same thread somewhere that sounds similar, but this is the newer, most evolved version as of right now.

To sum it up, when you are losing the game is making you lose, and when you are winning, the game is letting you win.

3 year on-going john I've been hearing. Which is why you might see me asking for odd statistics on shield stabbing, etc (*Grunt*).
wow.
that's ridiculous.

The Fail Tracer

The Universal Cosmic Tracer
3DS FC
2337-5641-4371
Hmmm... Here's one!

[Insert quote by PikaFan here]

But in all seriousness, I think the dumbest thing I've heard said while playing Smash is:

(While we were playing with items on) "Oh my God! Stop turning grey and stuff!"

I had turned metal at the time.

The_Fool

Smash Apprentice
In a discussion about chaingrabs...
"Link is the only character with a chaingrab, because he is the only one with a chain"

Whoman

Smash Rookie
ssbm is based off a glitch, the games not even that good.

I don't understand why do you like melee better? they are pretty much the same game when i watch people play.

The only reason you won is because you can wavedash, its not fair.

FrostFalco

Smash Rookie
"Melee is too fast! Why won't you play Brawl?"

"'You cheated.'
'How?!?'
'You went too fast.'"

And my friend:

"'I'm good at Ike.'
'Anyone can be good at Ike, noob.'
'Well they just play Ike. I really am good at Ike. Test me!'"
I beat him easy.

Marios My Bro

Smash Apprentice
my favorite thing people say at tournamnets is. '' Well i could of beat you if i tired'' and '' Man just because you play the game all the time doesnt mean your better''. People take the fun out of the game all the time by complaining

Da Shuffla

Smash Lord
Me - "Fox's Nair has a landing lag of 14 frames, when L-canceled, it is 7 frames"
Scrub- "So? What's a few frames?"

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Me: Hey, I wouldn't choose Mewtwo if I were you, it'll be quite painful
Friend: Shutup! You're just a n00b and are scared of being overpowered by my grabs.
Me: Ok, be my guest
I win
Friend: Killing me from 0% like you did on stock 2 is impossible, you must have cheated.

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
my favorite thing people say at tournamnets is. '' Well i could of beat you if i tired'' and '' Man just because you play the game all the time doesnt mean your better''. People take the fun out of the game all the time by complaining
no joke, I could beat anyone if I tired!

jking, it's kool man, it's kool.

PCHU

Smash Lord
Friend: Smash is a game for children's game. *in a serious tone*

Me: Thats why Super Smash Bros. is MLG certified right?
People play that card a lot when they lose.

Also, a friend of mine started playing Melee with me.
We were on FD, no items.
He picked CF, I picked Marth, and another friend picked Kirby (he's good, though).
CF dude sits there practically the whole match spamming B moves.
I just so happen to have the edge on them when I forward smashed my Kirby friend into a beautiful KO.
I went for another tipper and fsmashed CF.
He cries out "That was n00bish! That was so n00bish!" and he sits there talking about how I spammed the whole match.
>_>

Worse yet, I kicked his tail and my Kirby friend's tail with Falco.
CF player is embarrassed, so he resorts to insults.
He tells the story of how my Brawl disk got broken.

N00bs can really irritate the crap out of you.
Luckily he's okay now that he knows I'm very good at what I do.
I guess it's because he destroyed me on Soul Caliber 3, which I've never played before (he played smash, though).

On a side note, SC 3 is VERY, VERY boring.
Mini-combo, mini-combo, grab -> throw, mini-combo....
Seriously, either he didn't know all of the moves, or SC 3 is very repetitive.
I basically blocked, attacked, blocked, and repeated.
Melee is much better.

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
so today i went to a tourney and someone said

"melee sucks" theen everyone who who was playing melee looked at him and then he kinda stepped back. lmfao.

Vts

Smash Champion
i got a new one kid said this yesterday at the school's LAN party

"quit exploiting the dash animation, there should be turn around time but there isn't"

dash dancing johns first time I've ever heard them :D

Supiddo

Smash Apprentice
"They call it smash bros. because everyone in the game are brothers. DUH!"

Somebody actually told me this seriously. I was considering slapping him into next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom