• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's the dumbest thing you've ever heard someone say about Smash?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
I was playing Smash at someones house, and after I won for the 6 time in a row they said two things.
1. You use the C-Stick, that's the only reason you're beating me.
2. I'm sorry, we don't edge-guard in the house: it's cheap.

chaindude

Smash Journeyman
Lol I love how he goes "Why does it say smash noob I'm not a noob I'd own all of you with items and stages"

EDIT: Sorry was talking about OP in this one:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=184493

haha that thread is full of lulz

There is no such a thing as unfair, skill is the only thing that matters during a game. (Exept if a character is cheap)

thats a good one too :laugh::laugh:

D

Deleted member

Or how I skillfully made a Golden Hammer appear next to me. X"D

Spoon

Smash Journeyman
"Hey! It took skill to know not to pick up that hammer, cuz I KNEW that when YOU did, the head would fall off, and I'd be able to SKILLFULLY run over and grab it and throw it at you when you were vulnerable."

L__

Smash Master
"Wait are they playing in lightning mode?"

"Yeah, leave them alone, they're trying to look pro."

Uhh...

Spoon

Smash Journeyman
Lol wow. I've never met anyone who thought they "were playing in lightning mode"... and I'm kinda baffled anyone can think this xD

But then again.

L__

Smash Master
>_> Go watch Zelghandi.

YES I MEAN ZELGHANDI NOT ZELGADIS.

God, I hate it when people think I'm a ******* because those names are similar.

Spoon

Smash Journeyman
No, I've seen plenty of pro players fight >.<

But when you really look at it.

EDIT: Meh I guess I'm having trouble wording stuff. Bleh.

Anyway, yea, watched the video, pretty cool.

L__

Smash Master
I suppose...

>_>

But this was back when I could only L-cancel, no SHFFLs or anything.

L__

Smash Master
-______-

I'm just used to seeing people play like Zhu, so people like me are Uber slow. We own this thread now...

o__O

Spoon

Smash Journeyman
Lol, yea. But hey I was being sarcastic, chill.

And yea I guess we do own the thread now. On topic stuff, let's see.....

I was playing as Falco against my friend who doesn't play much Melee, and a guy said "this is the most epic match I've ever seen"

I said "But what about that GImpyfish combo video I sent you? o_0"

"This is better..."

".....Not really xD"

Proverbs

Smash Lord
My friend who had played this game for a while and was discouraged because he wasn't very great at it was once playing against me in Melee. He was using Marth and I realized that he kept missing recoveries where he easily could have made it and couldn't figure out why. A little bit later I realized he wasn't using his double jump.

Me (sarcastically): You know, Ron, you do have a double jump.
Ron: SERIOUSLY!?

<.<;;

Proverbs

Smash Lord
Nope, I main Marth. The only character I use that has more than one jump is Jiggs. And I don't even know if I was using her at that point. And my secondary was Ness, I wonder how he didn't notice that HUGE jump I'd do in mid-air.

I asked him if he didn't notice that I was using mid-air jumps and he said he didn't.

<.<;;

At least he owns casual players from playing with me. He still has a long way to go, though. I fourstocked him Marth (me) vs. Roy (him) with one hand and my mouth to move the control stick.

We decided he should use a better character and I think I twostocked him when he used Fox against my Marth. Still onehanded.

He'll get better--I promise <.<;;

Spoon

Smash Journeyman
Mehh.. I have a friend like that, though not as awful... I was using Olimar without Pikmin vs. his Olimar, and got him to his last stock and a bunch of damage before I lost.

He's okay in Brawl, but he never thinks... he's trying to get better at Melee but bleh.

I mostly use random characters in Melee against him, I can play every character pretty well.

Proverbs

Smash Lord
Mehh.. I have a friend like that, though not as awful... I was using Olimar without Pikmin vs. his Olimar, and got him to his last stock and a bunch of damage before I lost.

He's okay in Brawl, but he never thinks... he's trying to get better at Melee but bleh.

I mostly use random characters in Melee against him, I can play every character pretty well.
Meh, I gave up on Brawl and sold it ;/

Cinder

Smash Master
These threads just make me want to throttle you people. Believe it or not the game is quickly losing interest from nearly everyone (even some pros). I liked Melee as much as you did and realize it was much more competitve than Brawl is now but I'm willing to accept that Melee is rapidly dying. It'll never die completely because of you devotees but it'll dwindle to the Smash 64 point where tourneys are extremely rare. This is why you don't see Street Fighter and Virtua Fighter tournaments because the game is just past it's heyday and there are very few people willing to play. You Melee guys can still support the everlasting debate on Melee>Brawl topic (cause it's true) but I hate these "Melee's on the comeback trail" "Long live Melee" and this one "Melee is not over. Melee still has a long way..." what a long way down the drain?
You can clutch onto the dying remnants of one of your favorite games all you like, it's not going to change the fact that it's dying. You WILL be forced to adjust to Brawl or simply stop playing the seris all together because people are moving to Brawl. People aren't buying Gamecube anymore so it's not like your going to see additions to the Melee community unless someone already has the game, or recieves it from someone who did. The Melee community can only decrease in size as the Brawl community buffs.

Look at it this way. The people who leave Melee are still going to enjoy the series and look into Brawl, like you said it's new - get used to it - you have too, or be swept away with the past. It's like technology, reguardless of whether or not you like it or care, it's constantly advancing and soon no ones going to have older models and you'll be forced to update along with everyone else. Those who don't are left at a sever disadvantage.

For the record, I enjoy Melee A LOT. It was Melee that got me hooked on playing Smash games and I still enjoy playing it, but be serious - are people really going to go back and dig up Melee, no.
Need I say more? Seriously, telling us to give up Melee? Bull...and belongs here...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom