• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's the dumbest thing you've ever heard someone say about Smash?

Status
Not open for further replies.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
Brawl is much better! It has Final Smashes and many more items than Melee!
-This guy had never heard of a single AT, and had to use items in Melee to kill me.:)-
this is not a dumb comment, it is a normal one made my smashers who have yet to see the light.

puckgood

Smash Journeyman
Why do you care, stalker? Don't make me sic the po
Hmmmm.... Okay, I've got a one. It's a story, but it happened to my friend, not me.

Alright, so my afore mentioned friend has a serious hate on for guides and AT's, believing that one should figure out stuff for themselves. But that's not the nooby bit. Oh no.

As nooby as said person may be, my other friend also plays smash. They both main Roy, and my other friend (Let's call him Tom) said to my first friend (who shall be known as Bob hereafter) said that he would own him. Bob took him up on this challenge, only to discover that c-sticks would not be allowed. Now, Bob may not like AT's, but he will occasionally listen to reason, and even he knows that the c-stick is not the evil, demon infested broken thing some might call it. Tom, however, demands to fight him in single button mode. Hmmmm.......

Now, this was happening around the time I was learning more about smash. I had told Bob about Ken, and Tom thought that if the three of us foined together, we could beat Ken. I had to excuse my self for a moment so that I could wet my pants laughing without any embarrassment to any parties. Imagine, if you will, someone going up to Ken and saying, "I'll bet me and my friends can beat you, but just to prove that we're not noobs and make it fair for you, we will allow you to fight us in single button mode." Ken, at this point, would probably nod, dreading the inevitable fact that soon his nice floor would be stained by the blood of three noobs (make that two- I just remembered I was supposed to fight him too) and would probably wonder how much it would cost to get an exterminator in there to clean up the mess lest he become infested with inexperienced players.

The End.

battousai555

Smash Ace
Not anything too spectacular, but while I was playing zombie mod (CS:S) I came upon two guys talking about smash. After a few minutes, they both agreed that playing Brawl was the best choice because "whoever can wavedash the best in Melee wins." Perfect example of a stereotypical scrub. I just got on the mic and laughed a bit...

Samochan

Smash Master
Not anything too spectacular, but while I was playing zombie mod (CS:S) I came upon two guys talking about smash. After a few minutes, they both agreed that playing Brawl was the best choice because "whoever can wavedash the best in Melee wins." Perfect example of a stereotypical scrub. I just got on the mic and laughed a bit...
You should've told them you'd **** em with boozer, no wavedashing. :D Or Peach.

masterflip

Smash Rookie
I main marth and my friend fools around with several other characters. His pick of the moment was Shiek. After me beating him a few times, his excuse was "Shiek can't combo". I had to smack him.

Amide

Smash Lord
"Brawl's better, it has more characters"

Said by... ME! Yeah, I was a real scrubby scrub.

R.Y.N.O

Smash Journeyman
Melee: "Stop rolling and dodging."

Brawl: "I will so own you with Snake's up tilt"
"Meta knight is so cheap. That's why your seven year old brother beat me."
"I lost because there were no final smash balls"

My friend also constantly says characters suck after I own him. And makes excuses like "You only win cause I don't own this game. If I had a Wii I would so own you."

SothE700k

Smash Lord
Dumbest thing I ever heard someone say about smash?

TR4Q, dumbest thing by far.
*sigh* And people actually say this in real life too. Yes, I heard it once when talking to some nerd at an Anime Club meeting. I kept asking him why tiers blow, he never explained anything.

LittleFumi

Smash Journeyman
my brothers friend said "i was watching videos on youtube and all of a sudden fumi hit himself with the egg to recover" he also said how does bombsoldier do the down b so fast? lol hes an idiot

PCHU

Smash Lord
Oh, I was playing against my cousin, and I was angry 'cause he just beat me (I have taken on 3 people at one time, and I still beat them).
He LOVES Link, and I am a very mean person when it comes to smash.
I get into your brain......
Anyway.
Since he loves Link so much, I gave him a taste of his own medicine.
He got beaten horribly.
He and my other friend (Maining Pikachu at the time, me using Ike) has Smash Balls on, and Link got lucky.
So did Pikachu, else I would've won.
What he said after the Link battle was.....interesting.

"I can't fight you, man."
"Why not?"
"Link is TOO QUICK!"

I laughed so hard.
But then again, I made Bowser look fast, I made Roy look fast, and heck, I make Ike look fast.
But I just think that his statement was pretty good.

Overload

Smash Lord
straight from youtube:

oh yeah and i forgot to mention, since all characters have infinite air dodging each character was buffed immensely, so much so that tiers dont exist in the least unless you're at a EXTREMELY competitive level, and even so its not so hard considering each character can dodge anything any time, effectively destroying tiers

**** melee it was nothing but space animals shooting lasers at each other

MimicMew

Smash Apprentice
Things I hate to hear people say(aka extremely dumb noob):

"Ice Climbers suck"I'll **** you with them
"Roy is better than marth"Don't comment
"Peach is a bad character"Peach ***** you
"C-stick is for noobs"Then why don't YOU use it
"You're not that good if you have to use glitches to win"You're not that good period
"Kirby is a cheap character anyway"Then YOU use him
"You still play melee!?"Yes, dumb noob

The Fail Tracer

The Universal Cosmic Tracer
3DS FC
2337-5641-4371
I've got one from Youtube. I can't find the comment, so I can't remember it exactly, but it went something like this:

"You tourneyf*gs annoy me. The game was made to be fun, not competitive."

Hm, did it ever occur to him that people actually have FUN playing competitively?

SHDW23

Smash Journeyman
"you can attack with the A button?"
you think i'm kidding, i'm not. someone actually said this

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
"you can attack with the A button?"
you think i'm kidding, i'm not. someone actually said this
I've heard many dumb things about smash before...but WOW...just plain WOW....that's just a complete mindrape IMO O_O

straight from youtube:

**** melee it was nothing but space animals shooting lasers at each other
Im not dissing on Melee but u have to admit there's a little bit of truth to that XDDDDD

Frozt

Smash Apprentice
Oh, a new one today:

Me: Uses Zelda's B
Noob: Hey you cheap *** only fox can reflect stuff
Me: What about Falco? What about Mario? What about Doc? What about Mewtwo? What about Everyone if they perfectshield?
Noob: This version is different than mine
Me: Lmao!

Red the Ghost

Smash Ace
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=184493

- OP might be the most ignorant things ive read in a while on these boards. also notice how the thread got closed in less than an hour
Amazing. He completely messed up his entire argument. After 'pointing out' that we're messing up the game, he says that we should learn how to use items and play on unfair stages because that is what really requires skill. Then he goes and adds this little gem:
"There is no such a thing as unfair, skill is the only thing that matters during a game. (Exept if a character is cheap)"

Except if a character is cheap? He basically points out the truth of what he was arguing against.

SHDW23

Smash Journeyman
at first i thought you were wrong, posted a couple times and it started out well, but then... well you can read it yourself.

edit: don't bother reading all of it just scanning it should be enough to get the idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom