• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's the dumbest thing you've ever heard someone say about Smash?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chipman

Smash Cadet
When we were doing the black hole glitch:
"You don't know how hard it is to get back onto this platform"

(He didn't triple-jump!)

Kroy

Smash Apprentice
Where you'd least suspect. That's right you know.
This is a personal favorite of mine.

Me: "Yeah, the chaingrab for Marth is essential to the early game."

NOOB: "WTF are you talking about, Marth doesn't even have a chain. Only Shiek does.

Me: "No. Chaingrabbing is throwing, chasing and grabbing them again before they can escape."

Noob: "Oh, yeah that. I think it is pretty useless."

Me: (sarcastically) "Sure, cause god knows Ken would be so much better if he didn't chainthrow."

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
"Wavedashing is an istant kill technique that does 40% damage therefore it should be banned in tournies"-Jon Syrigos
The sad thing is he actually believes it even though he has had it used against him.

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
I don't think so he is 13 in our class with a 4.5 gpa. He is your standard egg head Wierd Al made White and Nerdy with him in mind, but he can't play anything video game relaeted. Also he just wanted an excuse to ban it at his tournies because he can't do it if he could it wouldn't be banned he cheats yeah and dishonest egghead what is the world coming too?

Reese

Smash Journeyman
I showed a friend of mine a ken vs. masashi vid, the one where ken does a utilt->bair->dair for a kill, and he looks at me and said : You can take him. I seen you do better combos then that against lvl.9 cpus...:dizzy:

mood4food77

Smash Hero
hahaaha, wow...that's pretty sad

my friend told me, i can't get close to you (he was mewtwo and i was luigi), after i kept knocking him off the stage and waiting and then hitting him again, i was like DI away from me, how do you do that he asks

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I was playing my 18 year old brother when I was Capt. Falcon and ran jumped off the ledge, did the falcon punch to end the game and he said I was glitching the game by doing that because he said that pressing B iin the air was a glitch because the game programmers did not intend for that to be in the game. He says its a glitch with any character like Luigi or Fox, it wasn't intended to be in there. I tried contrasting them to things like wavedashing and link's super jump but he wouldn't listen. sad

ESAM

Smash Ace
SEFL representing samus in the sunshine state
My favorite saying is, "Dude, thats not fair, you keep knocking me off the cliff!" If you knew my strategy you knew why they would complatin.

Also another one is "Dude, how the hell did you so that, you recovered from the little thingy on the edge of the screen" LOL

ESAM

Smash Ace
SEFL representing samus in the sunshine state
Sry for double post. This is the best thread ever. One of my fav is,
them, "dude i am the best at this game, i can win against a lvl 9 comp!!!!"
My next, sorta unrelated to smash is, "dude video games are so pointless, i mean, id rather just kill myself." That person then goes home and wishes he had won 80 bucks at his 3rd tourny. He didn't come to school for a week.

Miharu

Smash Hero
"Sheik's best move is that side thing in the air."

"Fox sucks, he's too small, and his down b is really laggy."

Smash Master
4.5 GPA? That's not possible... Or is it? O_O
I have a 4.85 weighted GPA.

I'm pretty sure you have to be smart to play this game well. Not that I play it well, just sayin....

Anyway, on topic, my friend said that Samus's recovery sucked.

iankobe

Smash Lord
LOL

"just cause you beat me ten times in a row it doesnt mean that you are better than me!"

"my hands got tired"

"You used game shark"

"You were hanging on the edge and I coulnd't grab it! WTF? THats freakin cheating"

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
"Stop camping"
"Play a real character/one that takes skill"
"Don't let time run out again"

Meh, can't think of anything good, I'm sure there's lots as I've started to teach people in my dorm how to play, but meh.

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
"You just know my style. You're not actually better than me."

^ In regards to people who just roll and fsmash.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
"YOSHI RULES! YOSHI SOOOOO KILLS SAMUS!!!"

right after i 4-stocked him 5 times in a row. with samus.

§Maverick§

Smash Journeyman
This is the best tread EVAR!!!

''This game sucks! Soul Calibur is better!!'' my brother after i beat him 20 times in a row =D
''Liar! only Link and Y link can chain Trow!!'' xD
''Link is the best in the game!!! He's got the master sword!'' O_O
''SSBM is for kids. I mastered the game in about 2 hours'' LOL
''Wavedash?, that is useless, rolling is better'' Rolf
''DBR sucks, they cant DI, Germ is overrated, etc...'' From many many many many n00bs (not counting the ppl on smashboards X_x)

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
"Zelda is so much better than Sheik. She can actually KO. The only good move Sheik has is probably her chain."
Just got this recently. N00B!

flaco

The Terminator
lol I cant believe these threads is still up lol anyway its still coo lol like last night these guy quit becuase wd is xheating lol I called him a jonner and he called me a ..........................

Apocalypse™

Smash Journeyman
"I like fox because he's so fast and when people come to attack you, you can just blast off away from them."
"I can shine through the fox fire!"
"Kirby has 5 spikes."
"What's chain grab? Is it when Link and Ylink grab?"
"Zelgadis is the best fox in the world because he can shine through any upB."
"Why don't you pick something besides top tier?" <--- Why the hell would I do that? LoL.
"Nintendo meant to put in WD and all the other advance techniques."
"CGing is harder than the combos BS did on Ken." <--- Said by Hugs...

Postyo@28

Smash Rookie
stupidest crap ive ever heard

"Being good isn't important. I'll own you with the c-stick. I'll spread the pwn sauce all over your face! No, wait. I'll ladel it!

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
At the beginin g of the year, our school's fighting game club tries to suck in new members with a Melee tournament. In the first match, I went against a freshmen user who said

"Mr. game and Watch sucks balls, I'll kick your ***" *after 3-Stocking his Falco with my G&W* "I only let you win because I felt sorry that you use crap characters. Next time I wont show mercy, punk"

Yeah, a freshmen called me punk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom