• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's the dumbest thing you've ever heard someone say about Smash?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shadepaw

Smash Apprentice
'Stop playing with your **** players'
This was tournament mode and we got 2 players each. He was Y.Link and Marth. I was Fox and Falco.

thechunkylover

Smash Apprentice
*picks up lips stick*"I got the magic stick...*( It's a song )
*Reffering to friend using Kirby as I own him*" Jump and use down b it's the best move in the game*
*Same Person*" I can beat you"
"Pwn is pronounced powned ( p-owned )"

cubaisdeath

Smash Lord
Watch a Taj video on MLG and your Mewtwo statement will sure go away.(I watched it yesterday for the first time)Plus, their kids.
I've seen it. But what are the chances that people play mewtwo like that? When I say kids, I mean like teenagers that think they are the stuff. Playing little kids is like taking candy from a baby, but beating the crap out of them for it XD.

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
Me: (after hearing him complain over stupid stuff, I decided to make him more mad and rub things in his face)

Me: Yeah, check out that skill!
Idiot: What skill? This game doesn't take any skill.
Me: Then why am I winning?
Idiot: because...
Me: because why?
Idiot: ...

shadepaw

Smash Apprentice
I just heard this today and took his controller out.

'I don't care if I killed myself 3 times. If I meteor move them once, it's worth it.'

This coming from the guy who thinks winning is killing the most people.

nice1

Smash Lord
"all u do is spam lasers" it was pretty funny cause everytime i got near him all he did was dsmash with peach so i fixed that problem quick

HideousBeing

Smash Ace
This one guy (plays sheik) comes up to me at school the day after we both participated in a tournament (informal). He knows I play Sheik and he goes, "Hey (HideousBeing), did you know you store Sheik's needles?" I almost laughed out loud, but I respect him and hope he takes his competitive game further, so I checked myself.

Kiddona

Smash Rookie
I'm not a great player but not until a few weeks ago I'd always say "stop using the ****ing C-stick!"
When it is the only attack and you don't think to simply stand far away and shoot or its ffa with 4 ppl and you are the only one who knows how to fight them but ppl hit you anyway, its a struggle. :)

shadepaw

Smash Apprentice
My friend once said 'That's not allowed, you have to kill yourself once in the next fight to make up for it!', to which I promptly replied 'BULL****'.

Banks

Smash Hero
thats why you should playing one on one, or teams. ffa is stupid as hell, people just team up or camp to win.

Eternal Smasher

Smash Ace
Speaking of Marth, one of my friends tried to convince me that he was actually a princess and became a prince due to a translation error or some stupid **** like that. He eventually dropped it.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
haha youngdude111=funny! Eternal Smasher post if funny too=the funny dumbe people we know (myself included). Man I got a great one: "hacker! hacker! You are a hacker, how do you slide like that with Luigi? hacker! hacker!....why do you cheat?" That got annoying after 15 minutes, I had to explain the whole WD concept to a noob who thought he knew everything=extremely annoying!

Corigames

Smash Hero
"What is the name of the fish in the DK stages?"
"is marth a guy or girl?"

Geez... hilarious! XD
Girl

As for another one I got. I had to have a big discussion the other day because some guy wanted to say that Roy was better than Marth because "Roy is stronger". ARRRRRG. Then when he asked me why I play Roy if he is weaker, he didn't understand the concept that it doesn't mater if you are better than the other person playing. Just think, if we all went ofr the toop-tierd person, no tourny would be fun!

shadepaw

Smash Apprentice
Very n00bish friend said 'Kill yourself a few times cos' you know I have no chance if you don't.'

I felt so sorry, I did (made it look like she was killing me).

I never realized how important having lives was in a time limit stock match until then, even against someone who has only played for 3 days.

Kerocola

Smash Apprentice
I was wavedashing against someone and dashdancing to intimidate them, they didn't know the techniques. This is what I got:
"Why do you keep running back and forth?"
and
"Oh! It's that slidy thing I learned over the Internet! It's like X...Y...Z...L...B...I don' t use it."
and the same "slidy guy" was messing around with another person there and he had 2 stocks and the opponent had 1. He said "Oh I'll win anyway" and killed himself once to even it out. I forgot who won, though.

HideousBeing

Smash Ace
ive heard someone say smash isnt a fighting game, its a party game. **** THAT
Yeah, all the n00bs say that. I know this one whiner, whose always saying that items aren't cheap, and non-neutral stages aren't cheap- you just gotta know how to use them right. When I play with him, he insists on playing with items, and turns off a select few that he thinks are "cheap", like Starman, and Hearts. He then likes to choose Great Bay and be Mario, because his strat consists of luring the enemy down to a platform by the water, and throwing or smashing them so that they hit the ceiling and fall into the water. Well, I have not mastered DI, so I'm not able to recover. I tell him in response to his items idea, "Look, as long as there is a single type of item, there is the chance of an explosive carrier spawning on you as you do your upsmash." He always backs out at that point. His main argument is, " Smash is for fun, anyone who starts taking it so seriously as to learn "wavedashing "-the only advanced technique he is aware of- "or to play on harmless stages and without items is taking it too far. I mean, that's kinda pathetic." Meh, another typical excuse for not making an effort to better oneself.

HideousBeing

Smash Ace
ugh I hate whiners like that. Come on man improve and own that noob. Smack him down with advanced tactics and tell him that it was fun playing.
oh, i own him every time i play w/ or w/o items. His dependency and stubborness are just annoying.

BTW, i have a new one. My bro, just yesterday, goes, "Man I love spiking people with Link." I was suprised, cause I didn't think he knew about the fact that Link's down tilt could spike characters downwards. So I go, "You mean hitting them with that last part of the spin attack?" And he's like, "No, doing the down-stab(his word for Link's dair) on them." I laughed, and I'm like "Dude, Link's down-stab is not a spike." And he responds, "Not a spike, huh? Clearly those guys on SmashBoards don't know what they're talking about." (I've only recently began posting here, and have been talking a lot about the interesting things I've learned here.)

Fawriel

Smash Master
My predictions for Brawl!
Today, johns!

"You hacked the game I never would have lost to you hacker!"
"Laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaag!"
"Online isn't my style."
"d00d ur ken rite u totaly r"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom