• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's the dumbest thing you've ever heard someone say about Smash?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
My friend said, "I might as well quit this career because all you do is cheat by Wavegashing and cancel...(Me)It's Wavedashing and L cancel...(Friend) "See...you cheat so bad I can't even walk tight!"(actually said that)

squaminator

Smash Ace
some scrubs reported me for wavedashing in a tournament. apparently, its banned. it lost me the set and the tournament, though i still took home third.

Bob Money

Smash Ace
"Link has an advantage over fox"
"link counters fox"
"Fox cant do **** out of his CC"
"Downsmashing with falco is cheap " then he proceeds to attept to shine spike and CG

all said by the same person thats been playing smash competetivly since the game came out. and has won so many tournaments. and he mains fox

FrozenRoy

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-1325-2408-7513
"I'm the best, I can beat 3 Level nine computers"
"Roy has no Finishers and can't edgeguard for anything"(One of my old friends said this one)
"Roy > Marth. Proven Fact" No, it's not proven or a fact.
"Peach? Good? She's a Girl!"(**** sexists)

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
i was playing mt cuzin,he was..mario? i was falco, as soon as the match started, i use "fire bird" (whatever you call it) falco yells, "heeya",

my cuz said:man why you always pick fox or falco to do that "aaaheehaa" move?

i lol'd

and anather one was,me and my bro was playing,im fox,he's sheik(the cheapest charather)

as soon as the match starts, he grabs me and down tilt,then use up smash over and over,

i yell: dammit,why you always pick that cheap *** charather?!:mad:
This one time like four pages ago some guy said this

FTW!

Edit @ Bob Money- Who said that haha

Corigames

Smash Hero
"My little 9 year old sister could smash with the C-sticker you cheater!"
That's what I did for my (at the time) 9 year old sister. I let her have Falco and told her to use the C-stick when we were close to her and to hold the reflector up while we are far away. She gets some KOs in FFa :p

angelsandairwaveslee

Smash Cadet
the stupidist thing that i have heard a kid say is i think he was like 8 9 or 10 or something like that i was at my piece of crap summer camp that has only a n64 and i brought super smash bros there and the kid said i dont want to be pikachu i want to be charizard

Kerocola

Smash Apprentice
Girl wanted to play the game with me. I load it up, go on the same team as her.
Her: I'll be Peach. *puts cursor on Peach* OMFG WHERE IS SHE?
Me: Uhh...you're on her right now.
Her: *slight pause* *Narrator: Peach!*
We start the battle, she hits nothing for no reason and so I just fight alone. We win, and at the same time her and Peach go "Oh, did I win?"
That's not dumb...but funny.

And then here's another weird one:
*I'm fighting with someone, choosing characters I never use and we fight like normal* Then I choose Fox and I start dash-dancing and lots of flashy stuff to intimidate and the character of the other person just stands there. After the battle, I ask why they didn't do much. This is the convo
Them: You were doing a whole bunch of stupid crap. So I decided to see if you would kill me if I stood there. *pause* And you did.
Me: You could at least try. I do that stuff so I'm a bit more unpredictable.
Them: It's not predictable!
Me: Oh. If it is so predictable, why do I always win?

I get the "you think you are good but you are just button mashing" a lot, even after they lose they say it.

JIMBOOOO

Smash Cadet
I'm marth, my friend's link, I dash attack him, then tip him off the edge. He comes back, and I finished him with a ken combo. He then screams "NO FAIR! YOU HAVE A SWORD!"

I took the same friend to a tournament, and it's his turn. He chooses Link, and starts playing against the enemy falcon. After getting three stocked, he gets up and screams "Hey, what gives? Why didn't the items come? If they would of came, i would of won."

Insert more idiot comments on how the game is boring without items, and how it makes the game more fun here.

I never took my friend to a tournament again.

OH, and according to my friend: all stages except hyrule temple are cheap.

And he also claims peach pulling out a bomb instead of a turnip is a glitch, and has convinced himself james bond was unlockable by beating allstar mode with Godzilla...Yeah, my friend is a moron...

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
teeman92/idiot said:
i was playing mt cuzin,he was..mario? i was falco, as soon as the match started, i use "fire bird" (whatever you call it) falco yells, "heeya",

my cuz said:man why you always pick fox or falco to do that "aaaheehaa" move?

i lol'd

and anather one was,me and my bro was playing,im fox,he's sheik(the cheapest charather)

as soon as the match starts, he grabs me and down tilt,then use up smash over and over,

i yell: dammit,why you always pick that cheap *** charather?!
THIS ONE TIME LIKE FIVE PAGES AGO... THIS GUY SAID THIS ******** THING

FOR THE WIN OMG!!

Silhouette

Smash Lord
“falco is faster than fox” (HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA NO)

I was fox against my noobish friend as marth and it was his first time ever being infinite waveshined against a wall and he screams “NO, NOT FAIR... QUIT IT!!!” and then smacks the controler out of my hands.

“i main mewtwo”
“mewtwo sucks”
“k then i main samus”

squaminator

Smash Ace
“falco is faster than fox” (HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA NO)

I was fox against my noobish friend as marth and it was his first time ever being infinite waveshined against a wall and he screams “NO, NOT FAIR... QUIT IT!!!” and then smacks the controler out of my hands.

“i main mewtwo”
“mewtwo sucks”
“k then i main samus”
he is funny. i wish i was as funny a him. sadly, i left my noobdom far behind about 5 months ago.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
"C.Falcon is so freakin slow...I mean come on seriously..."(mains Fox using Falcon)
"Me" Dude, he's faster than Fox...
"no he's not...I can win a race with Kirby..."
"Me" ...ok do adventure with both and just get to the Big Blue running part and see...
(did it)(after done, a quick pause)"you knew he was faster...you cheat(pause)you could've just told me and not have to go through all of this...geez"
"Me" I reply, n00b...

HideousBeing

Smash Ace
Girl wanted to play the game with me. I load it up, go on the same team as her.
Her: I'll be Peach. *puts cursor on Peach* OMFG WHERE IS SHE?
Me: Uhh...you're on her right now.
Her: *slight pause* *Narrator: Peach!*
We start the battle, she hits nothing for no reason and so I just fight alone. We win, and at the same time her and Peach go "Oh, did I win?"
That's not dumb...but funny.
Why do I not believe this? I'm willing to bet a lot of these are made up for a good laugh, which is OK, but at least make it probable. This situation just does not make any sense. "Girl wanted to play the game with me."? What is that supposed to mean? This sounds so absurdly hypothetical, I am inclined to think it is made up.

Crazy Ace 01

Smash Apprentice
"Yoshi? Pffft! Are you serious? He is so slow and weak...have you seen what tier he is in, noob?"

...and then...

"Stop turning me into an egg! It's not fair because it doesn't give me a chance to attack you back, and then you just throw a stupid egg when I break out! Come on!"

I love people who say Yoshi sucks because it makes it so much more satisfying when I beat their crappy Fox, who they started using because they saw he was top tier and think they are smarter than I am because I use Yoshi. (And I mean they suck at Fox, not that Fox is bad)

Corigames

Smash Hero
This one time, stuff happened that was funny; we all laughed when someone said something dumb about it.

But really, we did the black hole glitch today at school and someone walked by and saw one of us go to 999%. The guy said, "This game is so cheap compared to other 2D fighters, at least in those you don't die in an instant because of... (peers at the floating turnips) ... vegtables."

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
I was bair edgeguarding my friend with mario at the bi-weekly held in an internet cafe, but i went to far and got stuck under the left side of corneria...

A non smasher walks by and says ''Hah. Cheapness got you killed''

Then me and my friend both scrubbed our knees frnatically indicating that the guy was indeed a scrub, then we laughed.

halfDemon

Smash Lord
Funny story:
Today, while I was playing my friend's Bowser with DK, another one of my friends, acquaintance actually, was ratting on DK saying how he has one of the worst Up+Bs in the game. I then got frustrated and said he obviously knows quite little about characters other than Sheik (his poor main). He then states that he knows plenty and isn't ignorant as I say he is. I find this ironic as he says this after admitting he knows nothing about DK and just randomly saying the move sucks without no support. Then, he says it has no uses, so I list off about a zound of uses while performing them in the match. Later he states that it's obvious the move is bad since I never use it, even though one out of every three moves is the Spinning Kong in my current playstyle against DK. *sigh* My friend and I had a good laugh about it later. Ignorance is bliss.

$ick

Smash Lord
In a thread for a SoCal tourny some newb kept ranting about how he had these 13 secret techniques that no one knows about and it's how he will beat Ken at the tourny. After a while of us messing with him to get him to tell us, he decides to tells us one. He says, "Ok fine, here is the first one, if you know how to wavedash, you do that and then mix it with running." Never seen him again since that tourny, was four stocked by all of us. :)

Silhouette

Smash Lord
zound?

Funny story:
Today, while I was playing my friend's Bowser with DK, another one of my friends, acquaintance actually, was ratting on DK saying how he has one of the worst Up+Bs in the game. I then got frustrated and said he obviously knows quite little about characters other than Sheik (his poor main). He then states that he knows plenty and isn't ignorant as I say he is. I find this ironic as he says this after admitting he knows nothing about DK and just randomly saying the move sucks without no support. Then, he says it has no uses, so I list off about a zound of uses while performing them in the match. Later he states that it's obvious the move is bad since I never use it, even though one out of every three moves is the Spinning Kong in my current playstyle against DK. *sigh* My friend and I had a good laugh about it later. Ignorance is bliss.

what is a zound?

Lesheik

Smash Lord
Some skinny noob was looking at me and my friends playing free-for-all four-player Smash, and he was like "I eat you noobs for breakfast." My friend stepped up and said, "Let's play a match then." The skinny a$$ said, "Allright." It was a Sheik Ditto, the noob got owned, 1-stocked out of 2.

Anyone who does this crap is an idiot.

Thorns

Smash Cadet
I play my friends heaps, since there aren't many good smashers to play in Sydney, and I can't drive yet...
But the thing I hear most is
'Roy is better than Marth.'
I also showed them the tier list, and they all started using Fox. I then 4-stocked each of them with Mewtwo :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom