• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's the dumbest thing you've ever heard someone say about Smash?

Status
Not open for further replies.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
about Bowser:
"His moves are devastating. He can breathe fire, he can squish opponents by falling on them, and he can spin on his shell, damaging everything around him with his spiky thorns. "

I'm sorry, but what were they thinking with this? xD
Absolute best guide ever.

0Room

Smash Lord
It's the beginning of the game, when no one really knew what was going on. For brawl I originally thought Wario was crap xD
On that note in the beginning I thought Brawl was actually good.

ignore the fire

Smash Journeyman
On that note in the beginning I thought Brawl was actually good.
I got good at Brawl before I even attempted to play Melee competitively (I'm tourney good with the ICs). I'm now tired of how campy and dumb people are willing to play to get a win, which is why I just picked up Melee. I'm still terrible, but my tech skill is constantly improving, and I can now consistently shine>bair with Falco xD. I'm actually very upset that I completely missed the competitive Melee scene as a kid. I stumbled upon this site only a few months before Brawls release. Effffff.

On topic,
In the Brawl guide, they state that Marth is the best character because "he can counter any move." The only way to beat him is to use someone with an explosive projectile, because fire can still hurt him, even if he counters it. lollll Oh, it also says that MK is a 6, saying he's as good as Link. haaaaaa

Oh, and my favorite john evarrr:
"Edgehogging is cheap. I don't do it because it's so lame."

Stewie1288

Smash Apprentice
Me: Yeah, my tech skill is decent but there is definitely room to improve
Friend (who uses no AT's): Nah, I think you and I are done with that.
Me: Done with what?
Friend: That skill stuff, we already know everything about the game.

Me: After a certain point it comes down to tricking your opponents (i.e. mindgames)
Friend: Oh, I don't use those.

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion

0MFg?! f1CK J00 I CHALL3NG3 JOU 7O A G4M3 OF MY BR4WL I PEWPEW PWN U SO HARD BEECUZ TH3 G4ME I5 SO BALANC3D. I H0P3 U DUN UZE WAV3D4SH HAXX!!!
That's very interesting. It is gibberish of course, but it's intersting all the same.

I don't play Brawl on anything more than a casual level, simply because that's the way the game was designed. you can't play it like Melee because the game ACTIVLY fights competitive play.

"Melee sucks compared to brawl, brawl has more characters, stages, a story mode, and better graphics. Besides melee is too fast pace and easy to kill people in."

Ah the n00bs, they never cease to entertain me with their ignorance of smash.
Yup, had someone say something to me quite similar to that. Full of himself cause he beat me in Brawl, but was worthless in Melee, so he said Brawl was better.

I was playing at a convention, and the gamecube was hooked up to an HD TV so it was lagging. We got home to our normal TV after getting used to the lag. A few minutes later.

"Dude, this is like way too sensative now. It's moving like, before I even touch anything."
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

From a Prima guide: "Be afraid of Mewtwo, his shadow balls make him one of the most devastating foes in all of Melee!"
Actually, Mewtwo's Shadowball IS the strongest character projectile in terms of knockback when its fully charged. Too bad Mewtwo's such a bad character though. *Shakes fist at Sakurai and GameFreak...*

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
"melee has its strong points, but sometimes it can be too hard with attacks like zelda's d-tilt which, without insane DI is hard to get out of and can combo infinitly almost"

babo

Smash Rookie
gannondorf is the best charcter in the game he is too cheap and strong

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
*In School Tourney*

"Ahh, I keep losing to this guy!"

"Hey, you should use your shield more. It can come in handy and can save you sometimes."

"I don't know how, dude."

<_<
"Just hit the L or R buttons!"

"Dude, that's too complicated for me to care."

*shrug*

theslayer922

Smash Rookie
lol my friend is really stupid and said: "falco's dair is the best spike in all of smash games including 64", "luigi is better than shiek,fox, marth and almost falco", "luigi is the strongest character in the game", "bowser is by far the worst character in brawl"

PCHU

Smash Lord
i heard just now "meta knight sucks balls, he spams a lot and cant beat ganondorf"

wow thats very nice to say
You know, that perfectly describes my friend's MK.
He spammed tornado the whole match.
I was Ganon, so to me it seemed like my only option was to shield through the whole thing.
So, after I shield about 7 of them, he quits.

I heard Prima Guide to Melee gave Fox a 2/5 for strength and Kirby a 5/5 for strength.
Kirby's uair was pretty nice, but not THAT great.
And Fox's worst aerial was most likely his fair, but that was good if even two hits connected.
Did they even play the game?

thanortinzak

Smash Apprentice
"brawl is the same thing as melee, except brawl takes alot of skill to play"

"metaknight is a weak character. his moves don't kill"
Brawl may actually take more skill. Melee is fast paced, and relies on quick reflexes and impulses, while to succeed in Brawl, you need good mindgames and spacing (which in my opinion, takes more skill).

Metaknight really is a weak character, his moves aren't strong and really don't kill well (but they're REALLY quick so he racks up damage really quickly, compensating for his lack of decent knockback).

Darkman.exe213

Smash Apprentice
Brawl may actually take more skill. Melee is fast paced, and relies on quick reflexes and impulses, while to succeed in Brawl, you need good mindgames and spacing (which in my opinion, takes more skill).
The problem with this argument is that it completely ignores the fact that Melee also relies heavily on mind games and spacing, possibly moreso than Brawl. It's not just fast reflexes and wavedashing, as a lot of people say it is.

HT F8

Hostile Takeover
The dumbest thing I've ever heard someone say about smash is:

Metaknight really is a weak character, his moves aren't strong and really don't kill well (but they're REALLY quick so he racks up damage really quickly, compensating for his lack of decent knockback).

Also0o0o0, I was raeping my 2 friends in 2v1s yesterday, and my one friend who "was beast as hell at melee" said this during a match vs my Marf:

"Did you just wavedash me!?"

"That wavedashing stuff is cheap."

Because everyone knows a form of moving across the stage is cheap.

Also, while on the phone with another friend;

"Wavedashing IS cheap because not everyone knows how to do it. It's not in the game manual is it?"

Smashmen

Smash Cadet

lololololololol nice joke :laugh:

Adler

Smash Apprentice
My teacher says &quot;in my own world&quot;.
"Hey! Where have the smash balls gone?" (It was Melee).
"Hey! Where's the penguin dude with the hammer gone?"
"Hey! Where's [insert EVERY character that was introduced in brawl] gone?" (He was starting to do it on purpose after he went through DDD, Snake, and Lucas).

Later on I picked up a cloaking device
"Hey! Where've YOU gone?" (I couldn't stop laughing and SD many times that match).

*Un-related*
This was a few months ago
"I see no use for wavedashing"
If you want to know who said that, it was me before I worked out how to do it right.

keeper

Smash Champion

... Because Melee doesn't have mindgames or spacing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom