• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's one thing you hate about your Main?

???????

Smash Journeyman
Mario: FLUDD could be a little better, but I just wish he had more killing power.
I know what you mean; I don't mind the F.L.U.D.D. but Fair spikes and sweetspotted reverse Uairs are virtually his only aerials that KO under 100%.

Frate

Smash Journeyman
G&W... his light-weight, espec. since I play 4-player FFA's usually.
Snake... slight speed problems, though it's fun making my friends jaws drop when I prove them right that "snake is faster than falcon" and I snakedash.

Scott!

Smash Lord
Marth: a projectile would be nice, and the spike is so annoying to land at all.

Zelda: it would be nice if you could do something, anything, please, after using Din's Fire in the air. Something besides dying would make me very happy. Also, never turn into Sheik ever again.

Fox: I miss infinite range lasers...

Samus: why don't your bombs explode on impact anymore? I miss being a jerk with them.

Link: now I can't just up-B all the time, unless I feel like losing.

redzoneNRG

Smash Cadet
Ness : People jumping into my PK Thunder when I try to recover. GW bucketing my recovery. Lucas/Ness absorbing my recovery. Easily screwed with recovery. I love second jump height though.

Lucas : Lag on Rope Snake grab.

ZSS : F-Smash near useless.

Jigglypuff : Dies so incredibly early.

LavisFiend

Smash Lord
Why on Earth do people want a projectile for MARTH? 0.o

Ness : People jumping into my PK Thunder when I try to recover. GW bucketing my recovery. Lucas/Ness absorbing my recovery. Easily screwed with recovery. I love second jump height though.

Lucas : Lag on Rope Snake grab.

ZSS : F-Smash near useless.

Jigglypuff : Dies so incredibly early.
How do you manage to have people gimp your PKT? It comes out so much faster now.

Smash_Gigas

Smash Lord
Samus can be easily juggled by Foxs, and other quick characters like that. (Online lag=difficult dodge)
Samus' Morph Ball Bombs nolonger explode on impact.

Ganondorf's Neutral A. I wish it was the same as Melee... *SLAP!* *SLAP!* *SLAP!*

Sheik's Fair was nerfed... My friends hated my Sheik for that one move.

PCHU

Smash Lord
Well, there are a lot of Lucas lovers, but they're starting to die down.
Plus he's called a wimp.
But that makes beating people with him more satisfying.
Everyone abuses Ike.
Everyone abuses Wolf.
Fox is too good (He still has good KO moves) but I use him anyway.
Falco has a slow forward smash, and not enough KO moves.
Lucario is fine, but he should run faster, and be less floaty.
Kirby is great. I can actually use him now.
Toon Link is great; no complaints.
Sheik just stinks now.
They took Dr. Mario.
They took Pichu.
They nerfed Marth.
Ness is too big of a hero.
They took Roy.
They took Mewtwo.
They took Young Link.
Luigi sucks now.
Captain Falcon......
I've seen his face, and his voice doesn't suit him at all.

Tenki

Smash Hero
@.@
Sonic's normal airspeed has too much of a gap from his ground speed. If only his ground momentum transferred when he jumped, I wouldn't mind.

Heck, if his airspeed matched his ground speed, I don't think priority would be much of a problem, hehe.

Ganondorf runs too slow and decelerates in the air (i'm sure of it)

Sudsy86_

Smash Ace
In Brawl, I hate that I can very easily send Ness' thunder in the opposite direction if I jerk up too hard/ quickly before I try going in the proper horizontal direction. I sometimes die from that.

Falcon will almost never hit anyone downard from a diagonal direction; his reach is too short.

Peach's recovery is just plain bad.

Bowser is sometimes difficult to get moving.

Diddy falls extremely fast when first starting up his jetpack; his popgun is so useless, too.
I think his aerials might have a pretty big lag for a character of his athleticism/ quickness.

Mario has very few distinctive combo options, his dash attack seems to be nerfed, and his return isn't as reliable as most's are.

Luigi's dash attack is piss poor. And most of his aerials don't have a long reach.

Fox is light and kind of weak. The less gravity hurt his ( and Shiek and Falco) aerials the most.

(Edit:)

Climbers die very easily.

R.O.B's neutral air takes a lifetime to do anything.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Another few:

ICs -- Too separable. I hate losing Nana.
Pit -- Only 3 jumps? C'mon...
Pokemon Trainer -- VERY vulnerable when switching Pokemon.
Jigglypuff -- Dies when shield breaks. I always found this ridiculous.
Peach -- Second jump... What second jump?

gantrain05

Smash Master
i hate the brawl model for ganondorf,
i hate they took away my dr. mario
i hate that they broke zelda
i hate that they nerfed shiek
i hate how metaknight can glide near infinitely and even glide under final d and come up on the other side with jumps still remaining but someone stuck with ganondorf can barely come back from a slight push off the edge
oh and i feel MK is broken

Zodiac

Smash Master
Snake and meta are better than her :( (I main Samus in brawl), but I think its that she's a tad slower than most characters is what really puts a damper on my game, I still haven't learned to use her near zero lag on her aerials to my advantage yet.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Kirby: The fact that one of his biggest knockback moves, the stone, is almost entirely useless in the vast majority of situations against anyone who knows how to dodge>_<

Switch FC
SW 1721 4573 3132
I hate that once Nana is gone, you can't use the Up + B once under the stage to get back up.

...even though the "Ice Climbers" is what it's about, 2 of them.

They're mouth stays shut once using their Blizzard (Down + B). It looks simply awkward.

BEES

Smash Lord
I kinda feel like the chaingrab trivializes Falco. Instead of skillfully defeating opponents you can just chaingrab half the cast to death.

Also, F-air is a terrible, terrible move

DiscoShark

Smash Apprentice
Mario:
Why can't FLUDD be pointed straight down in the air? Come on Nintendo he could friggin levatate in sunshine :( Otherwise I'm extremely happy with everything else about him ^^

Ness:
Bat - Slower AND has less killing potential than Lucas's stick?
The Aura...thing - It pushes back while Lucas's damages? :(
If only I didn't hate Lucas's other moves....
(OH and so much easier to gimp ness than lucas, jump straight down into the pk thunder and stop it completely while...lucas's goes through the char. )

Luigi: No vaccuum.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
I kinda feel like the chaingrab trivializes Falco. Instead of skillfully defeating opponents you can just chaingrab half the cast to death.
Can't you only rack up, like, 45% with a chaingrab?

But I know what you mean. I hate the fact that as Falco I need to use things like chaingrabs and laserlocks in order to compete with good Metaknights.

I also hate that all my mains aren't as awesome/powerful as Metaknight.

3transfat

Smash Journeyman
Toon Link - Overplayed, dair.
Wario - He only has good recover used in conjunction with the bike.
PKMN Trainer - Fly takes forever (I use it, miss ledge, am dead).
Ness - PK Thunder is horrible in lag.

Top Bottom