• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***What's going on with Smashbros.com?***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I'm confident that Zamus will be a selectable character, despite these new revelations on Samus' Final Smash. Either that, or you'll have the opportunity to play as Zamus at the start of a match in a way like starting a match w/ Sheik in Melee.

It would be a shame if Zamus wasn't a selectable character though because it really does seem that Zamus cannot change back to Samus after her Final Smash is used...

But again, I'm confident that Zamus will be a selectable character. :D

~Old Man Nintendo
If That was the case that would of been possible with giga bowser becuase ZSS is apart of the final smash

User33

Smash Journeyman
I think its very possible that you can hold A or something on the character screen to turn into ZSS. Its been said before, I'm just agreeing.

Old Man Nintendo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SilentMage
Switch FC
6429-6879-3474
If That was the case that would of been possible with giga bowser becuase ZSS is apart of the final smash
But unlike Bowser's Final Smash, Samus's is a permanent change on the battlefield, not a temporary one like Bowser's change to Giga Bowser. Therefore, it isn't the same relationship for those respective characters and their Final Smashes.

~Old Man Nintendo

RDK

Smash Hero
ya think? smashboards is gonna be loaded with whiney fanboys when they all wake up.
Arm the anti-fanboy cannons!

Pikachu is avoiding Battle!
Good Christ, it must be a conspiracy! Pikachu caused 9/11!

Nah, it's probably just someone controlling the character, or they programmed it to run away for the gameplay vid.

beta_prime

Smash Journeyman
I love pikachu's and kirby's face in the second pic. Also doesn't kirby look A LOT bigger in that pic. Almost fat.

On topic: I'm still waiting for the fanboys to start a bunch of topics about Zamus. The mods will be so happy.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
But unlike Bowser's Final Smash, Samus's is a permanent change on the battlefield, not a temporary one like Bowser's change to Giga Bowser. Therefore, it isn't the same relationship for those respective characters and their Final Smashes.

~Old Man Nintendo
ZSS may be a 1 life thing though, so if she dies you return back to samus, If not then may be she might be on the character selection screen

RDK

Smash Hero
And the word "armada" refers to a large fleet of ships, of course. Though I always chuckle when I hear it because it sounds like my colleague’s name, Mr. Amada.

More than anything, though, what comes to mind are the courageous figures of Fox and friends as they fight a heated battle against an entire fleet of hostile ships.
LOL, Sakurai always cracks me up with his little update footnotes. I can picture him saying the first part all happy and casual, and then turning real serious for the second part. :chuckle:

Kurosagi

Smash Apprentice
I guess it's now plausible to say everything in the CGI sequence of the first trailer is most likely going to appear in the game.

A Diamond For Disease

Smash Journeyman
I know my roomate will be pleased with this update, he mains samus, he was worried that they were gonna take out one of samus's moves to get her to transform. but i still hope ZSS will be a selectable character though.

RDK

Smash Hero
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moon Monkey
Yea thats true or else they would of done NewComer Giga Bowser

****ing right dude. thats the perfect example

tell enough fanboys that and maybe we wont lag today
Does this mean Zamus should be stricken from all Newcomer graphics and signatures? Ethinc cleansing!

That's a pretty good point by MoonMonkey. Zamus is as much her own character as Giga Bowser is.

Old Man Nintendo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SilentMage
Switch FC
6429-6879-3474
ZSS may be a 1 life thing though, so if she dies you return back to samus, If not then may be she might be on the character selection screen
Fair enough, Moon Monkey. At this point, that is equally plausible as what I stated.

I think I will refrain from diving too deep into this since we really don't have enough information to work with. I'm sure there will be plenty of people here that will analyze this to death so I don't have to. =)

Now, I must close this window and get back to work. ;-)

~Old Man Nintendo

bored

Smash Ace
Did anyone even complain that the only way to play as giga bowser was using his final smash?

Del Money

Smash Champion
no what he meant was that Gigabowser is a final smash only character and sexy suit samus is a more permanent character. im definitely confident sakurai will give up a way to play a SSS without the smash ball (though i doubt itll be on the seelction screen, possibly holding A in the beginning as samus) but itll mean she wont be able to transform back to regular samus. and i think she wont be able to transform back to regular samus after the final smash anyways. what does everyone else think?

burrito

Smash Lord
There's nothing that I like about this update.

Still, though, I am thinking that Zamus will still be a completely seperate selectable character, too. So, it's okay, I guess. I'm expecting a Zamus update, tomorrow.

wow

http://wii.ign.com/articles/710/710157p1.html

this proved it long time ago

sorry but please get your info at the right time
No, it didn't DonkeySmasher. If you were around during any of the earlier debates, you would have realized that we had taken this into account. Sakurai is vague here and can be interpreted differently.

Old Man Nintendo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SilentMage
Switch FC
6429-6879-3474
Did anyone even complain that the only way to play as giga bowser was using his final smash?
Sorry, I said I was going... but I "accidentally" clicked on the "refresh" button instead of the giant X.

It was stated in Bowser's Final Smash description that the transformation to Giga Bowser was temporary. In addition, there were no trailers depicting Giga Bowser as a new character (Zamus had the whole introduction, freeze frame with text and all, after using Samus's Final Smash in the first major trailer). The trailer made the implication that Zamus would be a playable character independent of Samus. Therefore, it is pretty easy to see where all the confusion is coming from for Zamus.

I am personally a bit confused myself, which is why I don't want to confuse myself further on this Samus/Zamus transformation.

As for Giga Bowser, I think the Final Smash description is pretty straightforward which is why there was no major outcry when it appeared on Smash DOJO.

~Old Man Nintendo

Mario Ninja

Smash Rookie
What if Zamus's Final Smash somehow turned her back into Samus. That way if you wanted to turn back, just grab a Final Smash.

whiterob

Smash Journeyman
God I hope we have a Zamus update tommorow so this madness can stop and we can move on with our lives. My opinion: today's update was made so that the game gets specualation and generates alot of buzz. If everyone is talking about this controversial stuff, the game gets more attention. More attention= more purchases of the game. I just hope that Sakurai clears up this whole mess tommorrow though, that way us "hardcore gamers" or "competitive smashers" can stop feeling alienated again. Tommorow, all I want to see is "If you want to play as Zero Suit Samus, hold down A when the match begins, and by the way, Smash Balls can be turned off".

burrito

Smash Lord
I think that Zamus will still also be a seperate selectable character. This would be the best way to do things. So, Zamus and Samus will still be seperate characters if you disregard this annoying Final Smash move.

Del Money

Smash Champion
as well as a buildup for the fanboy mafia. still it was good suspense, and now theres no reason we shouldnt get a sexy suit samus update tonight (unless sakurai continues giving us items)

bored

Smash Ace
Sorry, I said I was going... but I "accidentally" clicked on the "refresh" button instead of the giant X.

It was stated in Bowser's Final Smash description that the transformation to Giga Bowser was temporary. In addition, there were no trailers depicting Giga Bowser as a new character (Zamus had the whole introduction, freeze frame with text and all, after using Samus's Final Smash in the first major trailer). The trailer made the implication that Zamus would be a playable character independent of Samus. Therefore, it is pretty easy to see where all the confusion is coming from for Zamus.

I am personally a bit confused myself, which is why I don't want to confuse myself further on this Samus/Zamus transformation.

As for Giga Bowser, I think the Final Smash description is pretty straightforward which is why there was no major outcry when it appeared on Smash DOJO.

~Old Man Nintendo

So you saying there wouldn't be as much anger if Zamus wasn't introduced at all in the trailer? That is a bummer.. but we can't really tell what is going to happen until we are informed of more updates or until the game actually releases

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
did anyone notice Zamus letting go of her gun in the last screen shot?
hey, maybe when peices of her armor are thrown at her, they cling back. the shoulder and gun were thrown, cling on to Zamus, she turns back into Samus! HA I FIGURED IT OUT!!

or it was some weird glitch or something

There's no need to tell you, I'm a fridge, goddam
this is so stupid....the whole thing

UGH!....

is ANYONE happy about this!?
i sure am. with this we have a slot open for someone better, and i definitely didn't want to have to give up one of samus' b moves for transforming. so yes, i think this was an excellent update. id have sex with that laser beam if it wouldn't blow me to bits >.<

Qyzex

Smash Cadet
this is so stupid....the whole thing

UGH!....

is ANYONE happy about this!?
I have to say, I'm quite happy with this as well. It adds a new layer of gameplay, in my opinion, and leaves the spot open for other characters as C_U_P ^^^^ said.

But I will say this for those upset, having her in the trailer as a "newcomer" and then throwing this down was a strong blow to all the zamus hopefuls, but hey, as mentioned several times, she was said not to me a true addition to the roster.

Empy

Smash Ace
Zoetermeer, The Netherlands (it ain't much, if it
Hmm.. I have no idea what is going on in that last picture, Zamus her gun is pretty far away from her, also, Pickachu and Kirby look rather large, or is that just me? Anyway, I would've hoped Zamus to be playable without the Final, as they will most likely be off at tournaments and Zamus won't be playable then. Still, I was curious for this update so I'm glad I finally know.

burrito

Smash Lord
So you saying there wouldn't be as much anger if Zamus wasn't introduced at all in the trailer? That is a bummer.. but we can't really tell what is going to happen until we are informed of more updates or until the game actually releases
Well, it's not only that. Giga Bowser is just a large version of Bowser with the same moveset and everything. Zamus is a totally new character with a different moveset.

Contents_Under_Pressure said:
i sure am. with this we have a slot open for someone better, and i definitely didn't want to have to give up one of samus' b moves for transforming. so yes, i think this was an excellent update. id have sex with that laser beam if it wouldn't blow me to bits >.<
Slots are irrelevent. What matters is the process of creating and balancing a character. Just because there is one more slot left, doesn't mean room for more characters, that's just silly. Sakurai will fit as many characters on the select screen as he feels that he needs to. I still think Zamus gets her pwn slot, anyway.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
What do you mean slot open for another character? if Zamus was playable that would just mean that she is 1 extra playable character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom