• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***What's going on with Smashbros.com?***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Y34HDUD3!!!

Smash Lord
Well, the younglings.... They have to start to **** off at some age amirite?

And Non-human things... Well Pokemons have genders, right? Kirby, eh. What the HELL is he supposed to be? Male? I dunno he must have something to play with down there.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Well, the younglings.... They have to start to **** off at some age amirite?

And Non-human things... Well Pokemons have genders, right? Kirby, eh. What the HELL is he supposed to be? Male? I dunno he must have something to play with down there.
He's a dude...trsut me. But he'll do it too, or at least do what he does, but regardless he trips, falls, and pops his balloon inside, that makes him as big as he is (and he isn't that big)! :laugh:

Kujirudo

Smash Lord
If it is true what you say, Arrow, then there is a problem.
Let's say I like to play with Samus, but I hate Zamus. Can I use my Final Smash then? No, because then I will turn into Zamus which I don't want. So, how do you turn back from Zamus to Samus? With Zamus her Final Smash? Then that means that your transformation is depending on the Smash Ball. And the Smash Ball is an item. That means that items have to be allowed. And that's the problem since most people don't want that.
Of course, I expect that you can programn which items you want to spawn and which you don't just like in the previous 2 games, but depending on the Smash Ball to transform means that you need a hell of a lot of luck to 1. get the Smash Ball spawned and 2. grab the Ball.

nayon

Smash Rookie
That is stupid, now noone can play as Zamus! :( Why couldn't they be seperate characters=??? Great, now only n00bs will play ZSS, such a waste of a possibly good character. Anyone else here thinking the update sucked=???

Because items are for noobs, right? Riiiight.

Betaz

Smash Ace
great...
i just realized talk like this is going to go on all ****** day since the people who don't stay up will see it later and they will all be like OHHH NO'S TEH ZAMUS IZENT ON TEH ROSTER

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Because items are for noobs, right? Riiiight.
dunno, cheap and random exploding barrells, random and stupid bomb ombs, overpowered Pokeball Pokemon, etc. etc. etc. Just look at smash vids, you'd never find a pro, or reasonably good player using any item outside of a few (bumper FTW!). They're too random and meaninlyless, take out the explosive barells, crates, etc., add the bumper, beam swords, proxy mines, and SSB64 ray gun, and items are cool. The rest, well meah!

@ Fawriel
So I wasn't the only one who noticed...:psycho:

Dr_MaxX

Smash Rookie
I think it's a fun twist on the game. After all, it's got you all talking hasn't it? And besides, throwing the old armor around looks fun!

Arrow

BRoomer
BRoomer
If it is true what you say, Arrow, then there is a problem.
Let's say I like to play with Samus, but I hate Zamus. Can I use my Final Smash then? No, because then I will turn into Zamus which I don't want. So, how do you turn back from Zamus to Samus? With Zamus her Final Smash? Then that means that your transformation is depending on the Smash Ball. And the Smash Ball is an item. That means that items have to be allowed. And that's the problem since most people don't want that.
Of course, I expect that you can programn which items you want to spawn and which you don't just like in the previous 2 games, but depending on the Smash Ball to transform means that you need a hell of a lot of luck to 1. get the Smash Ball spawned and 2. grab the Ball.
But see, we don't know that the Smash Ball is an item. It's listed on the site under the "How to Play" section, not items. While its nature seems to suggest that it functions like an item, I think it's equally possible that it's simply a new part of gameplay that Sakurai implemented to give the game more variety (compared to SSBM). It's just impossible to say for certain right now. I will completely agree with your opinions about players who prefer playing with Samus being sort of screwed by this. They either have to let another player grab the FS, or grab it themselves and be forced to play a character they aren't as skilled with. That's really the only downside to this announcement, in my opinion. I guess Samus players will just have to practice with ZSS as well.

bluethree

Smash Journeyman
I swear you're all 12 years old.

For the people who liked the update: stop antagonizing those who didn't. All of your "lol told you so"s are just adding flames to the fire. You wonder why they sound so angry... that's why. It's very irritating.

For those who didn't like the update: try considering other people when choosing your words. Calling Zamus a "waste of a character" just because you choose not to play a certain way is wrong. That's like saying that Peach is a waste because neither you nor anybody you personally know play as her. At least 2/3 of smash players (and that is an underestimation) are casual players. Of course the game developers are going to favor them. I understand you are disappointed in the update but you don't have to insult other people because of it.

Paranoid_Android

Smash Lord
I swear you're all 12 years old.

For the people who liked the update: stop antagonizing those who didn't. All of your "lol told you so"s are just adding flames to the fire. You wonder why they sound so angry... that's why. It's very irritating.

For those who didn't like the update: try considering other people when choosing your words. Calling Zamus a "waste of a character" just because you choose not to play a certain way is wrong. That's like saying that Peach is a waste because neither you nor anybody you personally know play as her. At least 2/3 of smash players (and that is an underestimation) are casual players. Of course the game developers are going to favor them. I understand you are disappointed in the update but you don't have to insult other people because of it.
It doesn't matter if you're casual or professional. Not being able to select your favorite character right off sucks.

gnosis

Smash Lord
It doesn't matter if you're casual or professional. Not being able to select your favorite character right off sucks.
The problem is is that is in no way confirmed.

The only precedence we have to go off of on a 'dual' character is Zelda/Sheik. And there, even though the transformation was just a Down+B, Sakurai added the option of starting as Sheik. I don't see why he'd deny Samus/Zamus that when the transformation is more demanding.

A lot of people just seem to be assuming the worst, though.

Blackadder

Smash Master
The problem is is that is in no way confirmed.

The only precedence we have to go off of on a 'dual' character is Zelda/Sheik. And there, even though the transformation was just a Down+B, Sakurai added the option of starting as Sheik. I don't see why he'd deny Samus/Zamus that when the transformation is more demanding.

A lot of people just seem to be assuming the worst, though.
Also, by the way Sakurai seems to describe Zamus, he seems to make her out as being a "bad thing". That Zamus is the downside to such a powerfull attack, mabye? I'm just speculating, but I agree, a lot of people are taking it to the worst extreems.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Well, Zamus is sure to play a lot differently. Wouldn't surprise me if she was a downside due to completely throwing off the player's game. Maybe the player won't even revert to Samus after losing a stock. That would effectively make him lose all the reasons for choosing to play as Samus. It would make you have to think twice before using that powerful attack.

Blackadder

Smash Master
I just relised your name is a play on "For real" Fawriel.
I also doubt she does revert after lose of stock...she's a new character, through and through.
Mabye, just MABYE Sakurai will make her unlockable as well.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Actually, the "for real" similarity is just a coincidence I realized a while after creating the name.
But having a punishable name is certainly fawesome.

And I'm absolutely, completely, utterly certain that she'll be selectable in SOME way that Sakurai will soon hint at, after "unlocking" her by using the Final Smash.

Blackadder

Smash Master
Actually, the "for real" similarity is just a coincidence I realized a while after creating the name.
But having a punishable name is certainly fawesome.

And I'm absolutely, completely, utterly certain that she'll be selectable in SOME way that Sakurai will soon hint at, after "unlocking" her by using the Final Smash.
I can only hope she will be.
But it seems likely. Have you seen the abundance of snapshot shes in?
There MUST be a way to unlock her, other than Baconing her into the scene.

Also, that "PUNishable" pun was truly tastless.
Wonderfull! :D

MeloDeath

Smash Apprentice
i agree. I couldn't imagine that they would take the time and effort to make a chracter, if that character only appears under circumstances in which none of us play (items).

Also given the amount of snapshots she's in, it would seem almost impossible for Zamus to be bound to the Zero Laser.

Fawriel

Smash Master
I can only hope she will be.
But it seems likely. Have you seen the abundance of snapshot shes in?
There MUST be a way to unlock her, other than Baconing her into the scene.

Also, that "PUNishable" pun was truly tastless.
Wonderfull! :D
Yay, another fan of groan-inducing puns! That's so cool! Which is doubly good because it's been far too hot here. *nods firmly*

Melodeath said:
Also given the amount of snapshots she's in, it would seem almost impossible for Zamus to be bound to the Zero Laser.
True that. And if Zamus is weak in order to be a disadvantage, why would they advertise Brawl with her in the first trailer and why would she so obviously be kicking *** with fast combo attacks?
In the update with Smash attacks, she's seen loading her F-Smash versus Link's. Frikkin Link. The girl HAS to be a powerful enough character in her own right.

Blackadder

Smash Master
I relised I should have said it was "PUNdafull"
Darn, that would have been so campy.

Ah well. I think we can all agree Sakurai hasn't left us in the dark with Zamus, he may well be deliberatly misleading us into thinking this "truth" :p

Junaur

Smash Apprentice
Although I hate that the transformation will force me to change my playing style afterwords just as much as anyone, on the bright side, at least they didn't turn her into a new kirby...

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
Wow, my first day back and a good update. Heh, I remember almost a month ago when everyone was telling me I was an idiot for saying she would transform through her final smash. I bet theres a way to unlock just her though. I find it hard to believe that they jsut sat around in untill they got an ever-elusive smashball so they could do the zamus parts of the trailers.

EDIT: how would she be a new kirby?

NukeA6

Smash Master
Well I'm glad for this update. One huge debate has now ended.

Sure this may look hopeless for Zamus but at least the final smash is unique. And we still got the Hold A theory plus there may be a way to access Zamus the same way you switch colors with a character.

There has to be a Zamus profile tomorrow. This update is good but not enough.

beta_prime

Smash Journeyman
But it has caused a lot more debates Nuke. Like transforming with A at the beginning of the match, what Zamus's FS will be and will she be able to turn back into Samus with it. And if the first time you do Samus's FS you unlock Zamus. See this caused more than it telled us.

Chibirobo

Smash Ace
Bummer, I wish you could just turn into Zamus like Zelda/shiek. Maybe you can,you just can't turn back after the final smash. I don't see why people are getting so pissy about his.

Why does everyone play with items off around here?

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Wow that was dumb. So for people to play as ZSS now they have to get a final smash. Oh well I was looking forward to playing as ZSS but now that you have to go through so much trouble it won't be worth it.

Also this means if you're playing Samus and you don't want to play as ZSS but you want to use the FS they can't. I though Sakurai was going to make a smart move on this but he hasn't. Well at least Samus probably still have bombs.

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
Definitely is not completely the truth

I can put my hands on fire and bet that when u keep pressing A at the beggning of the match...she will instantly drop her suit to the floor and transform inot zero suit Samus.

Just think for a moment guys, Sakurai is not stupid and to confine a player to be used ONLY when you use the final smash si SO SO anti-sakurai and plain stupid...

so

DONT WORRY GUYS I CAN ASSURE YO THAT SHE WILL BE ABLE TO BE SELECTED IN THE BEGGINING OF THE MATCH!!

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur

I can put my hands on fire and bet that when u keep pressing A at the beggning of the match...she will instantly drop her suit to the floor and transform inot zero suit Samus.

Just think for a moment guys, Sakurai is not stupid and to confine a player to be used ONLY when you use the final smash si SO SO anti-sakurai and plain stupid...

so

DONT WORRY GUYS I CAN ASSURE YO THAT SHE WILL BE ABLE TO BE SELECTED IN THE BEGGINING OF THE MATCH!!

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
I saw the update. Well, the E3 video in 2006 wasn't kidding when Zero Suit Samus can be unlocked by Samus's Final Smash. I'm wondering if Zamus is going to have a Final Smash of her own and if we'll be able to switch from Samus to Zamus on the fly like with Zelda to Sheik in Melee. We'll know as time passes by. For now, we can only make speculations.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Dylan's nwo an internet phenomenon on 4chan because of his emo comments, im loling at it now
Meh, I hope they'll have fun with it for a few minutes and then shut up about it. Dylan doesn't deserve that. People like that are just pseudo-intelligent internet scum. You can find something ridiculously funny and stupid and **** in anything if you want to.

And thanks for supporting optimism, Hydde.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I wonder if Dylan will get his own internet mee-mee. I always thought it'd be cool to start one...

Lemon Drop

Smash Lord
Awesome update if you ask me. And people actually thought they would remove one of her B moves to transfrom...

Now I wonder if you get to her ZSS form without items? Like how you could get to Shieks form at the beggining of a battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom