• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***What's going on with Smashbros.com?***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackadder

Smash Master
FE music is what need need.
A little hint towards Marth/Ike/Roy/whatever would be great.
I doubt it'll be FE music though.

2nd Stamp

Smash Ace
I'm hoping on the confirmation of a veteran, that'd be nice for a Monday update. Ofcourse, any update is good since there WAS a time when we diddn't have updates and just waited and waited. So character for me.

user_name

Smash Apprentice
lol I'm sorry but this just makes me laugh, how can someone be so ignorant? By the way it is spell "unbalances"
It may be a good idea to use proper grammar the next time you correct my only spelling mistake.

jdironfist said:
It's not as ignorant as you think. Why did the tiers turn out the way they did? Because they were based on JUST character strengths and such, and had nothing to do with items. If items were used, I think Bowser (for example) would see a surge up to a higher tier, simply because whenever he gets a Bob-omb, or any explosive item, he can hit both himself and the other player, and he won't fly very far at all. All sorts of new strategies would sprout up concerning how items aid Bowser's ledge guarding, for example. Really, I think items tend to equalize the tiers in the general case, not by taking away skill, but by making people choose, say, when to fire the Super Scope at Falco. Or whether to try to KO someone with the Home Run Bat, or simply chuck it at them.

To say that no items unbalances a fight is the same thing as saying that items tend to make the gaps between tiers less pronounced. This is, in general, a good thing.

You have to realize, also, that the reason items are banned in tourneys is strictly because of the randomly exploding crates, barrels, and capsules that cannot be turned off. Were it not for those, there would be no justification for not using items (non-broken items) in tourneys. I suppose there is a small amount of luck involved, but items contribute, on the whole, much more strategy than luck.

I agree with user_name in saying that Heart Containers, Starmen, and Maxim Tomatoes are broken, and I would hesitate to allow the Hammer or Food as well. As far as other items, there are a couple I could go either way on.

Brawl will not be Melee 2.0. Be prepared to use items, since they deepen the metagame as much as any of the advanced techniques, and they probably won't be turned off unless there is a similar problem in Brawl as in Melee.
I would go off on a tangent, answering all the people who've been bashing me on my 'pro-item agenda', [yes, I'm calling it that now. ;) ] but you seem to have summed up what my answer would have been quite well. I actually find that Bowser can be a fairly good character in item matches, partially for the reason stated above (helps with random exploding items, too) and because he can be deadly when he gets his hands on a long range weapon.

as far as broken items go, my argument for food is that they don't make that big of a difference, and in the end, going after food can leave you open for attacks, and really not be worth it. I believe you've heard my argument for hammer already.

I'll play a fun brawl on any stage,but for a tournament,give me FD any time.
The problem with FD, especially with items off is that it give characters with a focus on aerial attacks a HUGE advantage. The long, wall-less, flat arena give players the ability to easily max out aerial combos, while staying in motion and only having to worry about their opponent(s). This give characters such as Sheik, Falco, Fox, etc.. an amazing advantage while taking away any leverage characters such as Bowser and DK have.

I'm just embarrassed that the only line most of you have quoted from my previous post happens to have a misspeeling.

[Feel free to quote the above ;) ]

Blackadder said:
'Nuff said indeed.

Anyways, on topic, tommorows update day.
:D
I bet it's music..
I would like to see either music or a new character (veteran or newcomer, I don't care), but I'm not going to get my hopes up. It's just been so long since we've had some new music! >.<

Blackadder

Smash Master
I love the music updates.
There teasing, and give us hints as to what characters/stages are in the game.
It's about **** time we got another tune.

Blackadder

Smash Master
OoOOooOoo.
Music all the way so far.
I'm hoping it's some tunes from Poke'mon, or Star fox.
Though FE would be great!

Falcolegend

Smash Journeyman
i'm hoping for a character update, preferably dk. I heard somewhere that all the unlockable characters in brawl would not be seen as updates on the site. Can anyone confirm this rumour i've heard?

Blackadder

Smash Master
I can't confirm it, but it seems bloody likely.
Why would they show SECRET characters?
Thats just my theory though.

user_name

Smash Apprentice
I love the music updates.
There teasing, and give us hints as to what characters/stages are in the game.
It's about **** time we got another tune.
Agreed. A track from DK would be nice. (and get people speculating about diddy again.) :p

on that note, I'm off to bed.

...LOL PUNS

Falcolegend

Smash Journeyman
well, it's been said that snake is an unlockable, guess we won't be seeing his update for a while. *sigh*

Blackadder

Smash Master
bah, I hate Diddy Kong ideas.
especialy ones involving him in a team with Dixie.
>_<
A DK track would still be nice though.

@The falcolegend

We may see him at E3 in a trailer...mabye.

Falcolegend

Smash Journeyman
i'd love a new trailer that included all confirmed so far, and ness, dk, falcon, yoshi, diddy, wolf, ridley, dedede, deoxys and sonic as a finale!

I can live in hope...

Blackadder

Smash Master
You can indeed.
I Just expect a date for the games release.
Mabye Nintendo will show us the starting roster, if were lucky.
I'm trying to keep my hopes low, so I don't get dissapointed.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Well E3 is close now and its hard not to be excited but i tried doing what Blackadder is doing but i just cant help being excited... always like this when E3 comes around... but will this massive change to E3 affect what we are getting?

Chibirobo

Smash Ace
In the world of this kill-or-be- killed gaming industry I'm hoping E3 pulls out all of the stops. They should do something,amazing,like reveal the starting line-up(or show off a few returning veterans and newcomers) and maybe shows a clip of Sonic blasting on the scene at the very last second,that alone would give every gamer on the planet an earth-shattering nerdgasm right there.

CBNJ

Smash Journeyman
Has Snake been in any Nintendo games? Lol, I have no clue. I need an update, it's been too long. :( 3 days till Nintendo's turn at E3. :)

chiyo-chan' dad

Smash Ace
Sonic has been in more Nintendo games then Snake has, so i really do not see any reason for sonic not having a good chance of getting in as a 3rd party.
Because Snake beat him to it first, two 3rd party characters is too mush, And what Nintendo games has Sonic been in?

Has Snake been in any Nintendo games? Lol, I have no clue. I need an update, it's been too long. :( 3 days till Nintendo's turn at E3. :)
No not what I know of, but Mario was in one of Snake's games. (and Yoshi)

MechanizedDeviousFox

Smash Journeyman
I think other then Snake, realistically speaking, we'll have one more 3rd party character, simply because I think we're lucky enough just to have Snake in it, and you don't want to go overboard with the 3rd party characters just because we have one, so I think one more, just to prove that Snake isn't getting all the spot light 3rd party wise, would be the best bet.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
He he yhea and also the fact than (Cant remember his name) practically begged Sakurai to put Snake in melee but well... you all know the story.

O yhea and didn't he say that he would put 3 third party characters in brawl (Including Snake)

chiyo-chan' dad

Smash Ace
I think other then Snake, realistically speaking, we'll have one more 3rd party character, simply because I think we're lucky enough just to have Snake in it, and you don't want to go overboard with the 3rd party characters just because we have one, so I think one more, just to prove that Snake isn't getting all the spot light 3rd party wise, would be the best bet.
True, Sonic just may be in it (I like Sonic but I still think he should not be in it), but you see people saying things like, Nights and Shadow. Man, that's way, way, way and way too far.

This is a Nintendo game not a Sega game!!!, ok.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
Sakurai did make it Krystal clear that there would be at MOST 1-2 more third party characters on top of Snake, and why would they use those valuble spots on a Sonic clone?

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Eugh i hate it when people say they want to see Shadow and knuckles in the game i mean its just so god **** stupid don't they know anything or are they just ******* (No offense to the *******).

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
Agreed for the most part. I would've been a little more sensitive in saying SHUT UP! KNUCKLES AND SHADOW WON'T BE IN! XD

Legolastom

Smash Hero
I would have been a little more sensitive by shooting them with a shot gun... saving their families the hassle. (Sorry i just really hate these guys)

Legolastom

Smash Hero
I think it would be cool to have Ridley for brawl but i just cant see him working as a playable character... maybe an assist trophy or part of a level.

What you think of this Logo?

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
I think an assist trophy would be the perfect way to add Ridley. Nice logo, but it looks a little choppy where the Z and the E meet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom