• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***What's going on with Smashbros.com?***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Yhea he could act a bit like Scizor except with a much bigger radius and using his wings.
Well there was an N half way through the Z so i had to erase that out and well you can see it's effect in the logo.

He he good work Fawriel.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
OMG! STRAIGHT FROM HIS LAPTOP LIES!... OMFG YOUR NOT LIEING ITS TRUE! *gasp*

*ahem* anyways you think they will add any of the Hunters or anyone else from Metroid (Apart from Dark Samus cos everyone will say that).

CBNJ

Smash Journeyman
It would be so weird if Ridley was really in Brawl, as a playable character at least. I think it would be a lot better if it was just an AT.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Well i never thought that they could get the Bridge of eldin to work so there might be chance they get ridley to work... hmm... anyways im off to work on my comic see yaz!

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
Well if you sink Japan for Ridley not being in Brawl, maybe I'll saw off Florida and kick it out to sea. How would you like them apples? Ridley, will not be a playable character, but will make an appearance as an AT. That is my final prediction.

Got Blood?

Smash Lord
Well if you sink Japan for Ridley not being in Brawl, maybe I'll saw off Florida and kick it out to sea. How would you like them apples? Ridley, will not be a playable character, but will make an appearance as an AT. That is my final prediction.
Agreed. And Sonic in Brawl FTW!

tirkaro

Smash Champion
Well if you sink Japan for Ridley not being in Brawl, maybe I'll saw off Florida and kick it out to sea. How would you like them apples?
then I would eat north east ohio.

Ridley, will not be a playable character, but will make an appearance as an AT. That is my final prediction.
and how? do you really know? do you have any logical reasons other than the Z0Mg ridley is 2 bigz logic, which was already owned by fariwiel's pic?

BentoBox

Smash Master
OMG! STRAIGHT FROM HIS LAPTOP LIES!... OMFG YOUR NOT LIEING ITS TRUE! *gasp*

*ahem* anyways you think they will add any of the Hunters or anyone else from Metroid (Apart from Dark Samus cos everyone will say that).
I can see Hunters a lot more better as playable characters than Ridley, that'd definately be a great addition~

@tirkaro: he said that was his prediction, you don't know anything either. And I dont see how his pic owned anything, Ridley in that pic does look a lot bigger than everyone else on the stage.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
Do you have any logical reasons other than the ZoMG Ridlay Ez Teh PWnZorrz logic.

EDIT: And yeah, I said my prediction.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
Do you have any logical reasons other than the ZoMG Ridlay Ez Teh PWnZorrz logic.

EDIT: And yeah, I said my prediction.
I know it was your prediction, I meant, did you have anything to back up your reasons behind your prediction?

my reasons, of course are:
1. ridley is easily the most recognizable metroid villan there is.
2. he ranked second place on the japanese poll, where metroid isn't really all that popular.
3. sakurai said he wanted to add unique characters into the game, which ridley is. "akward" is just a more negative synonym for "unique"
4. ridley is the single most reoccuring villan in metroid
5. sakurai wants more metroid characters, and ridley is the most obvious choice, due to reasons stated above.
6. if any of the hunters/DS is in, and not ridley, would that really make sense? that would be like puting wart in smash bros, and not putting in bowser.

Fawriel

Smash Master
I must admit I made him a little too large in that picture... but only a little. Do note that Samus is in a huddled pose and Pit is running. Ridley, on the other hand, is pretty much always hunchbacked.

I need more screenshots with Bowser. Then we'll see who's large and who isn't.

Chibirobo

Smash Ace
I know it was your prediction, I meant, did you have anything to back up your reasons behind your prediction?

my reasons, of course are:
1. ridley is easily the most recognizable metroid villan there is.
2. he ranked second place on the japanese poll, where metroid isn't really all that popular.
3. sakurai said he wanted to add unique characters into the game, which ridley is. "akward" is just a more negative synonym for "unique"
4. ridley is the single most reoccuring villan in metroid
5. sakurai wants more metroid characters, and ridley is the most obvious choice, due to reasons stated above.
6. if any of the hunters/DS is in, and not ridley, would that really make sense? that would be like puting wart in smash bros, and not putting in bowser.
I agree. Besides,Brawl needs more villians. (We need Wolf too and Wario is more of an anti-hero now)

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Hey Ridley could have multiple jumps and long range fire balls... but he will still have no chance of getting in brawl... (I mean looked what happened to Samurai goroh we all thought that he would almost defiantly get in but...)

tirkaro

Smash Champion
Hey Ridley could have multiple jumps and long range fire balls... but he will still have no chance of getting in brawl... (I mean looked what happened to Samurai goroh we all thought that he would almost defiantly get in but...)
by that same logic, there might as well not be any new characters then.
Goroh really wasn't all that popular of choice, or I guess he wasn't to popular in japan. either that, or he just couldn't bring goroh into the roster at the last minute. or, he just thought goroh wasn't unique enough. meh, I really dont know, but I guess sakurai thought he wasn't all that important to include as a playable character.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
How could he figure that the second most important character in the F-Zero series is un important? I mean not only is he the main rival to a popular Smash bros character but he could make quite a unique character, a heavy sword fighter... we don't have any of those (We got 2 Medium's (Link and Roy) and 4 lights (Y Link, Marth, Meta Knight and Pit)) and we are severely lacking in F-Zero characters i mean we only have one! and the best choice has become an assist trophy so why not the same happen to Metroid?

Salaad

Smash Ace
Because Sakurai likes popular characters?

and Sakurai said that characters that wouldn't have good movesets will be AT's..

Oh and btw, we still don't know if C. Falcon is confirmed. Even though Samurai Goroh is confirmed as an AT. xD

Tromboy

Smash Cadet
Because Sakurai likes popular characters?

and Sakuri said that characters that wouldn't have good movesets will be AT's..

Oh and btw, we still don't know if Donkey Kong is confirmed. Even though Samurai Goroh is confirmed as an AT. xD
True, IMO Sakurai knows that the characters are going to be in agreement with the fans. Therefore, even if S. Goroh is an AT, that could mean that Ridley will maybe possibly have to be a choice that the fans of the video game are in possible agreement with, maybe or maybe not so. This could mean that Sakurai could be basing the possible character selections (be they hidden characters or characters that are on the starting roster) on the characters that appeared on his poll and did not appear on his poll. That would mean that the preceding statement could be some sort of half-truth. QFT, possibly, but mostly most likely.

Florida

イーグランツ
tromboy said:
QFT, my friend in which you are currently being of this particular moment of time, QTF.
Today, 02:56 PM

tromboy said:
I agree with you. Sorry for the double post, my computer is craaaazy!!!!
Today, 02:57 PM

tromboy said:
Whoops, triple post. What is wrong with me today?
Today, 03:05 PM

Oh dear. Why would you make a third post, right after a double post, to notify the two posts?

Captain Falcon is from the original 12, and they will all most likely make it into Braw, and possible future Super Smash games. Although Samurai's appearance as an AT doesn't confirm Falcon, it still gives a good chance.

Tromboy

Smash Cadet
Quadruple post??? Come on, is this even possible??

BTW, the fact Goroh is an assist trophy doesn't give much hope for other characters that share the same position as him. But then again, Goroh wasn't in Sakurai's poll while Ridley was. But then again, Ridley has a much more important part in his respective universe. Also, Goroh is not near as much of a villain in his respective universe than Ridley in his respective universe. And Sakurai did or did not say he would like to include more of the villainous characters in the video game that is called Super Smash Brothers Brawl. I am not sure. There may be positive evidence that he said this and there may not be. If there is the evidence, possible.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Tromboy is very desperate for post count.

Post count isn't respect... it's the quality of the posts which people notice. And your rep (before it was removed).

Is it just me, or are Assist Trophies the new Pokeballs?

Got Blood?

Smash Lord

Post count isn't respect... it's the quality of the posts which people notice. And your rep (before it was removed).

They are,but cooler.:cool:

Tromboy

Smash Cadet
They seem to me like they are like pokeballs with things other than pokemon, but there are two things that we are still unsure of.

1. The ATs may act like Pokemon and do one move consistently or they may act like normal characters and have an A moveset.

2. It is unknown if you use them the second you pick the trophy up or if you can save it for later.

Salaad

Smash Ace
I'm wondering, when Brawl comes out, will you guys still play Melee?
I for one will. I'm not gonna take my Wii to a party just to play Brawl..
If they do take Marth/Falco out I am for sure playing Melee. xD
But unless they are in it's Brawl FTW.

Tromboy

Smash Cadet
I will definitely still play Melee. The thing is, even though Brawl will probably better than Melee, there are still some things that you won't be able to find in Brawl that you can find in Melee. Just like there are things in the original Smash that aren't in Melee. I sometimes play Smash 64 because I miss the old, inferior graphics.

Chibirobo

Smash Ace

As far as I can see,they are. Except Pokeballs you throw and AT's(I think) you hold on to.

Chibirobo

Smash Ace
I wonder if you can activate them at your will. This is gonna be a frikin huge week...

I'm hoping for them revealing some huge stuff like last week.(which was easily the best week of updates since Brawl was unveiled.)

Florida

イーグランツ
I'm wondering, when Brawl comes out, will you guys still play Melee?
I for one will. I'm not gonna take my Wii to a party just to play Brawl..
If they do take Marth/Falco out I am for sure playing Melee. xD
But unless they are in it's Brawl FTW.
Melee is one of those games, where you can find out new stuff about it every day. For instance, I didn't know that you could get on the top of Jigglypuff's BTT stage, until just yesterday. And there are much more examples of what I'm talking about.

But seriously, the game can get really boring if just playing by yourself. And I'm still at a young age, so I can't go to any long-distance tournaments, (I've only been to one in my entire life). Playing with friends and family is what makes the game fun, in my opinion.

That's why I'm really excited about Brawl, because of the online play. It works for kids at my age that can't make it to tournaments, or have no one to play with. Hopefully, the online system isn't as screwy as Halo 2, but it's still something to look forward to nonetheless.

So in a short response to your question: hardly.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
I had a thread about this, along the lines of if the melee tournament scene will survive, and the general concensus was that while it will always have a place in our hearts, if Brawl can be played competitively, it will most likely take the place of Melee.(SUPER run-on sentence XD)

BUT, maybe instead of SSB64 side tournaments at th big events there will be SSBM ones??

It'll be one of those thinggs that me and my friends will pick up now and again, but if Brawl is good, it will put Melee on the back burner.

Blackadder

Smash Master
DP memeber, Blackadder, signing it.
OoOOoooOo.
E3 week FTW!!
But I must keep my hopes down for the day itself.
Anwyays, it's Music today.

digifreak642

Smash Journeyman
I'm def. thinking music is coming up. The question, is... what music? We've already had Zelda music so that doesn't seem probable...

What do you guys (and the occasional female) think the next music update will be?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom