• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***What's going on with Smashbros.com?***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exorcist

Smash Journeyman
Holy.....crap......

Bowser looks hawt as hell. If he's even a little good I'm going to try to main or secondary him. Wow...and i thought ssbm's model of him was sick...

Here's to hoping they give him alot bigger range like shown in pic2. Big characters deserve long range, i.e. Potemkin from guilty gear.(main char).

Btw, i had to cut out this line for orgasms sake:
"To be honest, there are a LOT of characters that offer a slightly different flavor this time around. If you think they’re all going to be the same as they have been, it’ll be rough for you."

SSBB is going to be sickeningly good

ElChibo

Smash Apprentice
Though Bowser is great, they're being very secretive about Snake.. We've received little to no information on him, and he's very seldomly in any screenshots.

I wanna know more about the third party character T-T
you didnt hear? they took him out and said all 3rd party characters are cancelled. why do you think their revealing all these old characters now like bowser and zelda?

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
I'd guess they are gonna give him crazy range to compensate for lack of speed?

Bowser is looking good man, can't wait for pichu!

Inkslinger

Smash Ace
Someone needs to look at the pic where bowser does his (ftilt?) and check out exactly where that emblem in that flag comes from. Yes, i've heard it was from fire emblem but from which series? this can lead to a confirmation of a new character.

Croco

Smash Lord
Someone needs to look at the pic where bowser does his (ftilt?) and check out exactly where that emblem in that flag comes from. Yes, i've heard it was from fire emblem but from which series? this can lead to a confirmation of a new character.
The flag symbol is a dragon.. so yeah it has to be fire emblem.
From where..? hmm

Well it might be something from Fire Emblem: Goddess of Dawn..
though I've heard it might be from Castle Daein.

Shuma

Smash Hero
He is Gigantic!, He looks Evil! and he is Smiling!.

I hope he doesn't suck anymore, then i will main the Turtle/Dinnosaur/Dragon thing.

krlos F.

Smash Journeyman
oh my gosh! did u see that! that BOWSER LOOKS SOOOOOOOOOOOO COOOOOOOOL and its bigger than melee and about the slightly different flavor it's for sure "Bowser and Mewtwo (and other sucks characters) will not be bad characters... and a Bowser bigger, faster... maybe it will be a top tier lol... what am i saying?? no no there is no more tier list according to Sakurai!! omg! i cant wait until smash brawl be released! sniff! =(

Fawriel

Smash Master
The future

Ken: "This is madness!"

Gimpy: "Bowser... is... GOD TIER!!!!!!!!

I could wet myself I love this update so much.

Lemon Drop

Smash Lord
You all want to see something lame? (Someone pointed this out at gamefaqs)

BOWSER's horn goes through his shell! GLITCH!

Shuma

Smash Hero
Oh noes, the Horn goes through his Shell, the Model has clipping why why?

About the FE banner it must be from Goddes of Dawn, the banner doesn't seem to appear in Path of Radiance(looking at the site) but it does look similir to the Dain Banner.

Aki-toriko

Smash Apprentice
Anyone notice how Sakurai states that Bowser is the 'biggest and heaviest' of fighters. Let the fevered speculation as to what this means for other characters BEGIN!!!
Oh and Bowser looks nice

user_name

Smash Apprentice
Anyone notice how Sakurai states that Bowser is the 'biggest and heaviest' of fighters. Let the fevered speculation as to what this means for other characters BEGIN!!!
Oh and Bowser looks nice
No K. Rool?

And we're definitely not getting Galactus as a third party character now. ;)

Chepe

Smash Lord
I really love seeing old characters' new looks, and Bowser is no exception. Oh I cant wait to see my Yoshi...

What I loved even more though was Sakurai basically telling top tier whores to prepare to start all over...

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Makes me proud that I picked up Bowser =)

I'm surprised we got another confirmation so soon, I wonder how far apart these will be.

blahisuck

Smash Cadet
Bowser is looking better than ever. I'm glad Sakurai gave King Koopa another chance, along with the other veterans who will have "a different flavour".

Chepe

Smash Lord
Eh, as if chances of staying really depended on tier positions...

krlos F.

Smash Journeyman
yay BOWSER RULES! and for everybody who play as Bowser must be proud of it! lol... oh man u know the ppl who use bowser maybe will become in excellent players because they were tamed to be slow but now it's probably bowser will be faster, but maybe a little bit weak... maybe... =S

Empy

Smash Ace
Zoetermeer, The Netherlands (it ain't much, if it
To be honest, there are a LOT of characters that offer a slightly different flavor this time around.
I loved that sentence the most by far of todays update. Sakurai basically says that a LOT of characters will return. He also said earlier that he was going to balance the game out. I think it means he will make the weak ones stronger, which could be their different "flavor". Sounds like the whole tiers have to be figured out over again. Although obviously, there will be tiers and obviously their will be 1, maybe 2 in the top tier.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I expected tier shifts from the beginning, as long as their are newcomers and tweaks to veterans they'll be tier shifts.

Exorcist

Smash Journeyman
It'd be really nice if by new flavor he actually didn't mean just "Im makin' that guy weaker and errr that one stronger eRRRrrr". In my opinion I really would like to the interpret what he said into:::

Longer reach to some chars

Less reach to others

More Defense and ability to be unfazed by some attacks

Less Def

A creative way for big characters to counter speed and overwhelming

Wario pushing a little too hard on one fart and accidently slipping a turd-log nicely otop of his oppenent's face

Is that too much to ask? I think not.

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
OMG, BEST UPDATE EVER!!!!!

Bowser is one of my secondaries and I nearly danced in the streets when I saw this update. I think I'm gonna play Melee now. YAAAAAY!! ^_^

As far as the whole character change-thing. As long as they don't change my NEss, GaW, and Ice Climbers too much, I'll be fine.

Unfortunately, though, Bowser's Flame Breath looks like it'll still be lame. D:

Old Man Nintendo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SilentMage
Switch FC
6429-6879-3474
I don't post much... but I must say that Bowser looks seriously BAD-*** to the extreme!

The majority of these updates have blown my mind and the discussions here keep me equally on my toes. Keep these detailed, analytical conversations and debates going guys! There are many many silent members that love every bit of it! =D

~Old Man Nintendo

NukeA6

Smash Master
Oh crap! It's Bowser!!!

I just hope he's better this time. I wanted main him back in Melee. Hopefully, his wrongs have been corrected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom