• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***What's going on with Smashbros.com?***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
I LOVE it. They totally nailed Bowser this time around. He looks so real, and yet so "plush" and Mario-like. Just plainly perfect.

DonkeySmasher

Smash Ace
dude

look how big he is in the pics with pika and fox "clap to sakurai"

anyway is this another confirmation sakurai stated that he Is the heaviest character no surprise but that's good to hear

jdironfist

Smash Cadet
Bowser is pretty much a baller, no matter how you cut it.

I've been trying to play with Bowser for the last few months, and, while he's not as bad as people say he is (I beat my brother's Falco, and he is pretty good), he needs an upgrade. Hopefully he'll have more in his arsenal in Brawl than Fair, the Klaw, and the Fortress.

cless-mint

Smash Journeyman
Natchitoches, Louisiana A.K.A. "The South Ya'
I LOVE it. They totally nailed Bowser this time around. He looks so real, and yet so "plush" and Mario-like. Just plainly perfect.

They did didn't they? The graphics are looking great so far, they'll only get better at release. Anyway, time for me to go to bed, listen to some Brad Paisley and Metallica, and wait for the next update 24 hours from now.

Ciao

Croco

Smash Lord
It's cool how is in his same pose like in Melee..
Just it's a different angle.
Bowser looks WAY WAAAAY more like he is supposed to.

Salaad

Smash Ace
MAYBE by "new-flavor" he means new look?

Since we have seen other characters and they all have new looks...Except for kirby xD

Blackadder

Smash Master
I would like to point out things I find interesting:
A. Bowers Looks HUGE this time.
B. The flag behind Bowers and fox in one picture, is that from any games we know of?
C. The "Veteran fighters" Page is full...But notice how the "new comers" isn't?
Updates for Zamus and Meta anyone?

DonkeySmasher

Smash Ace
also using these pics and the trailer it seems like the chars have more charecteristics now

you see the characters keep an eye on characters and pika is obviously in a scared/WTF attitude

FrozenRoy

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-1325-2408-7513
Bowser, awesome. He looks BADASS this time around and I like the fact they sound like they saw how bad he was in Melee...

Also...

BADASS!

Kereokacola

Disco Romance
BRoomer
I must concur, Bowser does look more like he's supposed to. I wonder how long I must wait for Peach... (Sigh)

Got Blood?

Smash Lord
Peach will be in for sure.And she'll be lookin might nice when we see her.;)

And I think it's safe too assume now that we will get a character update everyweek whether it be confirmation or their attacks.

Well,Got Blood? signing out for Dawn Partol.Night all!

Croco

Smash Lord
Peach must be confirmed if bowser is in. (oh please, oh please, oh please, let peach in.)
I agree.. Peach HAS to be back.
I thought I read somewhere that Sakurai originally wanted Peach and Bowser in Smash Brothers for the N64.. but they didn't have time to add them.

ElChibo

Smash Apprentice
I would like to point out things I find interesting:
A. Bowers Looks HUGE this time.
B. The flag behind Bowers and fox in one picture, is that from any games we know of?
C. The "Veteran fighters" Page is full...But notice how the "new comers" isn't?
Updates for Zamus and Meta anyone?
B. I don't recognize it, but didn't ppl say a while it's a Fire Emblem stage?
C. They could easily expand it, think of when there was only 4 characters. They have to, considering theres gonna be more than 8 veterans.

And by new flavor, it definitely means play style. why would players who thought it was like melee be thrown off? even if the attacks are near identical, just changing the speed, jumping, and delay can completely change a character, and screenshots dont show those traits.

Zinfandel

Smash Journeyman
Nice. Really nice. I could hace seen the fire effects being slightly different but from what I can see Bowser looks better and more appropriate. Now to make him a better char...

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
SmashBoards needs to update the banner at the top of the forums with the new Bowser. ;)

I'm signing out for the night, totally wishing I had a Bowser plushie that looks just like that. I just wanna hug him. 'Night all.

TheBlackrose

Smash Journeyman
oh no he said not all characters will be the same....what if falco doesnt get his shine or blaster but new moves seperate him from being a fox clone!!!!!!!!

ElChibo

Smash Apprentice
Who said Bowser is the main villain?
You forget who rules outer space in the Mario universe.. :p
is there a villain that rules the outer space? i forget.... Grodus of the XNauts? They wouldn't use him... Culex a la Mario RPG? May of been another dimension but it looked like Space lol, but its not him.

Jumanji

Smash Cadet
I am hoping that the flavor that he is discussing for Bowser is the delicious taste of "not sucking." I hope it tastes like shiek seasoned with space animals, more likely it just tastes like some fried Donkey Kong.

ElChibo

Smash Apprentice
I am hoping that the flavor that he is discussing for Bowser is the delicious taste of "not sucking." I hope it tastes like shiek seasoned with space animals, more likely it just tastes like some fried Donkey Kong.
think of it this way, bowser really cant get any worse lol.

Evolver

Smash Cadet
is there a villain that rules the outer space? i forget.... Grodus of the XNauts? They wouldn't use him... Culex a la Mario RPG? May of been another dimension but it looked like Space lol, but its not him.
the boss from super mario land (game boy) named tanaka (i think) was also a alien ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom