• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***What's going on with Smashbros.com?***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Although I've never played as Bowser often, it's always nice to get updates like these. There doesn't really ever seem to be anything disappointing about them; it's always great to see veterans get facelifts, so to speak. Personally, I like the fact how they actually made Bowser BIG in comparison to some of the other characters (unlike Melee), but not to a ridiculous scale.

Though I gotta say, I was HOPING for a Falcon update, with Samurai Goroh yesterday, since he's one of my mains. Ah well, that's Sakurai's unpredictability for ya!

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
Sakurai has a funny trick, where he makes one update almost obvious for the next day, then goes the opposite direction.

Chibirobo

Smash Ace
Bowser looks messed up. In a good way,though. Not as a demon-like as Melle Bowser,but not as cutesy as normal Bowser,this one just looks ****ed up. I mean,the middle of his nose looks like it was cut up and disproportioned! Anyway, quick question:Does Sakurai normally update at 1:00 or what because he was completely unpredictable.

Sculelos

Smash Journeyman
Yay, another char, I wonder if sakura is going to add like 1 char per week now? That would be pretty cool I think, although I still think we are going to see at least 1 unshown newcomer, donkey kong, yoshi and caption falcon and maby a few other vetrans in the e3 trailer sometime
later next week.

NintendoWarrior

Smash Lord
Good to see Bowser back. Anyone got any tips on how to practice with him? I've always liked him but he was just too slow to use against my friends. Hopefully he's a little faster.

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
a BADASS bOWSER??¡?¡? and with NEW FLAVOR???

I smelll Bowser PWNAGE!!!!

He deserves it, he was too sucky.

but wait a minute, the other crappy players with "new flavors" too?.......holy shidd!! Mewtwo for top tier!!

Best update evar-!!!! no just only because the screens... but because of the confirmation that fox and marth and sheik will be to think twice before going toe to toe against the old "crap tiers"

YEAAAAAH HEL YEAH

CBNJ

Smash Journeyman
Good to see Bowser back. Anyone got any tips on how to practice with him? I've always liked him but he was just too slow to use against my friends. Hopefully he's a little faster.
Wavedash like crazy, learn to SHFFL, and if you are good at edge gaurding with Bowser, you can dominate. :p

Haha, maybe Fox/Falco/Marth WILL spend time on the bottom, hopefully. :)

DK+Bowser FOR LIFE.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
It's cool how is in his same pose like in Melee..
Just it's a different angle.
Bowser looks WAY WAAAAY more like he is supposed to.

It's like in melee every one was dipped into baby oil to look all shiney and stuff,

Looks like Sakurai decided to throw them in the dirt and rub them with sand paper this time around

Is it me ore does bowser feet seem smaller? Still kick a$$ though

Doggalina

Smash Lord
Chicagoland (NW Indiana)/Purdue West Lafayette
I hope Falcon's new flavor isn't "great combos but no finisher." That would suck.

I do like the new Bowser. All of these great updated looks (Zelda, Bowser) make me want to see Falcon, Ganondorf, Shiek (you know it would be awesome), Luigi (I hope they give him some personality this time around; the Paper Mario games have), and Peach. EDIT: I forgot DK. How could I do that? He's awesome.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
oh no he said not all characters will be the same....what if falco doesnt get his shine or blaster but new moves seperate him from being a fox clone!!!!!!!!
or he can be a AT lol!! i know how much it will piss people off

BDAOutlaw

Smash Apprentice
I know it's beend one before, but I did quick comparisons between melee an brawl

Bowser
Fox
Kirby
Link
Mario
Pikachu
Samus
Zelda
Anybody else notice Samus is Right handed with her gun now :p im confused was she left or right in Metroid, or was it an option.
Fox needs some Facial Expressions, I don't want to be getting Falcon punched in the face and still having a BIG @$$ Smile.
Overall though Im luving the graphics their some of the best I'v Ever seen, So much detail and Depth for a fighting game...Its BRILLIANT

Doggalina

Smash Lord
Chicagoland (NW Indiana)/Purdue West Lafayette
Ah, sorry about that. Every morning I skip through the three or so pages that spawn over night.

Anybody else notice Samus is Right handed with her gun now :p im confused was she left or right in Metroid, or was it an option.
Fox needs some Facial Expressions, I don't want to be getting Falcon punched in the face and still having a BIG @$$ Smile.
Overall though Im luving the graphics their some of the best I'v Ever seen, So much detail and Depth for a fighting game...Its BRILLIANT
Samus has always been right-handed. The Melee Samus in that picture is mirrored.

BDAOutlaw

Smash Apprentice
Ah, sorry about that. Every morning I skip through the three or so pages that spawn over night.

Samus has always been right-handed. The Melee Samus in that picture is mirrored.
Wait a minute shes still left handed even if i mirror :p

Figured there'd be no demo at E3

Since we can find out so much just off of that demo :p.

They probably give us a video with all the characters they'v showd so far with some slow fighting skills and combos that were setup to happen.................like the one mario did.

Sandy

Smash Champion
I like how Bowser looks now. As for the assist trophies, I would like to see Junior, the little green dragon from Bubble Bobble, he could trap a character in a bubble that explodes or something. lol

Fawriel

Smash Master
Luigi (I hope they give him some personality this time around; the Paper Mario games have)
Wait, what? Luigi easily has some of the most personality in all of Melee, if not the most.

Looking critically at Bowser's facelift, I'm not completely sure what to think. He looked quite evil in Melee, now he looks like a really scary plushy. He's more stubby now.
Oh well, the only thing they should really improve is the hair. Because Bowser is METAL!

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I think his teeth are too short and dull, they should be sharper and a little longer imo, but that's the only problem I have with him, hopefully his fire breath has a decent use this time.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
bowser looks a lot better now. He now actually LOOKS like bowser, unlike melee bowser. Plus it seems like he wants to balance out all the weak characters now. DOWN WITH THE TIER LIST :D

I

i8waffles612

I just hope he doesnt run like the way he did in Melee.... he like skidded across the floor lol

Fawriel

Smash Master
Well, that way of "running" is pretty much the only logical way of moving quickly for such a tank of a demondragonturtle. They couldn't really have given him any sort of fast dash with a normal running animation without making it look weird.

On the other hand, if he's this much larger now, it could work.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
yes bowser's been confirmed, i'm so happy!

he looks so evil now! like he could jump right out of the screen and eat you!

plus his attacks look amazing. Koopa Klaw and Fire Breath look sweet in the new graphics. i'm looking forward to play as bowser again in brawl

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
Ugh don't make this an argument about tiers. The characters will never be balanced, but certain strides can be taken to make the gaps between characters on the tiers less noticeable. If Bowsers moves have some more reach, and his fire has some better uses, he'll be officially un-nerfed. Remember in the original Super Mario Bros. when you had to be afraid of his fire balls zooming across the castles at the end of each world? In melee as soon as he started using fire, he got owned. Perhaps make it jump cancelable or at least make it cover a larger expanse

burrito

Smash Lord
Wow, I wasn't that surprised by the Bowser update. Seems that I've been desensitized by Zelda. =(

The way I see it, Sakurai started with the main characters of each series. That's why we hadn't seen Metaknight yet, since he is a secondary character. Now, he seems to be showing secondary characters for each series. So, I think next week will be Jigglypuff (depending on whether she is unlocked from the start or not) then Metaknight the week after that, or vice versa. Then maybe possibly Falco next week (if he even returns) and Zero Suit Samus the week after that, or vice versa.

whiterob

Smash Journeyman
I love how they are upgrading characters, skill wise. Bowser looks better, but i still think Zeldas new look is the best so far. And boo no demo at E3.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
Zelda was blessed with a next gen game appearance.gooing from OoT zelda to TP zelda was a big time difference, and she deserved the makeover.

CBNJ

Smash Journeyman
I love how they are upgrading characters, skill wise. Bowser looks better, but i still think Zeldas new look is the best so far. And boo no demo at E3.
What are you talking about? How do you know there won't be any demo at E3, it's still a week away?

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
I've seen people tossing around links that supposedly leads to some news story that says there won't be a demo. I think its balogna and I won't even waste my time looking at the link.

PS: I wasted my time, and there's no quotes, no transcripts of a speech from anyone, just an assertion that there will be no demo. I don't care how credible that blog is, even if there doesn't end up being a demo, that link doesn't have any fact to it at all.

CBNJ

Smash Journeyman
:(! Oh well, I'm not going to E3 so it doesn't really affect me. Are they definitely doing something Smash related though? Or is that not confirmed yet?

Chill

Red
BRoomer
To the people saying 'I guess this means we'll have to star over again', I don't mean to sound rude but duh. Pikachu and Kirby went from being the best in 64 to clearly not being the best in Melee. Tier shifts happen with every new game as characters are tweaked to make them better or "more fair". Then we always have the introduction of new characters.

I would actually be interested in Sakurai continuing with veteran updates. You know find out exactly who is and who isn't coming back.

Pikachu is cuter than Bowser in that pic.

CBNJ

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, Pikachu does have the looks in Brawl, lol. I would rather see veteran updates too, then just be surprised as we're unlocking new comers, I don't want it all to be spoiled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom