• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***What's going on with Smashbros.com?***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salaad

Smash Ace
If there's Air dodging in Brawl, theres gonna be Wavedashing.

I don't know much about Ike, but he looks like a VERY promising character.

Devastlian

Smash Lord
Well,from what I seen so far,all the characters that did the waveland did it from falling,and not being stationary.Please also note that the animation dust that kicks up behind the character is way different from Melee(a blue ring aura circle appears brifly),meaning its must be something new to the game that all characters can share,hence Metaknight doing the same exact thing with his. :)
That little blue spark appears whenever you do a dodge roll in SSBM, too. The dust may look different but really it's the same. There's still the freefall cone dust and the puffs of smoke from aerial A attacks and proning attacks.

Everything that comes from cinematic footage should never be seriously considered in gameplay.

AKA those super fast rolls from the brawl TEASER...
That's in game footage. That's people playing and someone recording it. So...if we can't tell gameplay elements from gameplay footage...what can we tell them from?

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
Using some process of elimination and a few sketchy pattern theories I have, I think I'm going to place my prediction for tonight's update as either a stage, Final Smash or Special Moves, or a how2play update.

gnosis

Smash Lord
Using some process of elimination and a few sketchy pattern theories I have, I think I'm going to place my prediction for tonight's update as either a stage, Final Smash or Special Moves, or a how2play update.
Really narrowing it down there. It'd be said if you're wrong, lol.

Sporkman

Smash Ace
Why do people bring up SHFFLing stating it's more important than wavedashing therefore people should be more concerned about that instead.

As far as those advanced techniques go, one was intended one was not.
Short Hopping, Fast Falling and L-Cancelling were all intentionally put into the game. Wave-Dashing on the other hand was not intended, although the developers did know about it, it wasn't removed.

Therefore, SHFFLing doesn't come into it as you could probably safely assume it would be there, it's a bet I'd certaintly take. Wave-Dashing is completely up for grabs though and it's no use trying to predict from other things included. An Air Dodge doesn't confirm Wave-Dashing, as it would be very easy for the dev team to implement something that stops you from sliding when you hit the ground. It's that simple.

Anyway, get back to talking about the King of Koopas you scoundrels! First sign of a move that may have changed variously (Koopa Klaw, discarding Link's up-b) and you're debating wavedashing again and rumours instead. Not proud.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I bet it's anything but a character! That's my theory. It only wrong every 10 odd updates.
We could get character moves, however it would be awsome as a July present with E3 being this month that we got a new character everyday. I 99.99999% doubt this, but it would be sweet.

Anyways, expect a stage, game mode(s), or final smash. More than likely a stage IMO, though I haven't been right since I was right a whole week straight, up until Zelda completely threw me off (I have been 1 day early on everything from Zelda, to now, lol! XD). SAkurai is obviously using that dartboard theory we were all talking about a few days ago, lol! (Snake and Meta Knight are the center, and he has bad aim XD).

WD was not inteneded, but left in because the creators of Melee felt it fit, and could help the game. Therefore, it is not a glitch for any of you who believe it is, but rather a random gravity effect created by the game (physic) engine. Issac Newton would be proud! :) :chuckle: :lick:

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
That was saracasm pointed at that post above mine. IMO it'll be a stage. I hope you all flame me till I can't walk straight. That's how sure I am.

Chibirobo

Smash Ace
Thank you, Sakurai, for putting the Smashboards in their place. Everyone overanalyzing and speculating every little move and technique needs to remember that this is a new game and a different game.
Yeah,no kidding. As awesome as Melee was,some characters greatly overpowered others(Ex.Fox over Bowser) so hopefully the tiers will be more balanced. A couple of new moves from the old character couldn't hurt it either,especially the clone ones.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Im sure AFTER E3 we can expect new characters being revealed every now and then, just expect less exciting newcomers 1st, im sure he'll keep the best like ridley, wolf, sonic, and others at the end...

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
hard to predict.

really the only thing i'm sure of is we get a music update every two weeks. maybe not on the same day but it's there, one every two weeks. then again sakurai has never been clear on what he wants to show us next.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
That was saracasm pointed at that post above mine. IMO it'll be a stage. I hope you all flame me till I can't walk straight. That's how sure I am.
I knew it was sarcasm, but it just got me thinking, so don't worry about it! ;) O, and WGWOLVERINE "zomg, ur such a n00b, zomg I hate you!" Nah, that's me just messing with ya! :p :laugh: ;) :psycho:

@ colbusman
I never noticed that before, but you are right! Correct me if I'm wrong, but there was that OOT theme last week, right=???

I'm gonna be happy if we get another awsome looking returny on Wed. next week=sick! Donkey Kong, anyone=??? Hopefully he can be at least 1/9,000!!!!th as awsome (and awsome looking) as Bowser=pwnage!

Got Blood?

Smash Lord
Seeing the new character models has made me want to see the characters more than new stages and items,although the final smashes were pretty cool.

Chibirobo

Smash Ace
hard to predict.

really the only thing i'm sure of is we get a music update every two weeks. maybe not on the same day but it's there, one every two weeks. then again sakurai has never been clear on what he wants to show us next.
Yeah,but does he always update at 1:00 at night?

whiterob

Smash Journeyman
god i hate being on eastern time. i wish i could stay up and join in on all the fun of the updates right when it happens like some of you guys. but i can't afford to stay up till 3 everyday and then expect to function correctly at work by 9.

Dragonboy2k4

Smash Ace

That little blue spark appears whenever you do a dodge roll in SSBM, too. The dust may look different but really it's the same. There's still the freefall cone dust and the puffs of smoke from aerial A attacks and proning attacks.

No,it isnt bro,lol.And Iam not talking about them sparks that spark up similar to what you see from a starman(thats similar to the roll).There a blue aura hoop that comes from the dudes busting the wavelands in the vids(think DBZ characters powering up in that sence).Some people here at this site slowed them down to the point to were you can clearly see the same thing from two different characters(Meta-Knight,Wario).

I dont know what you guys think,but theres something new coming among us. :)

Blackadder

Smash Master
The update time is perfect for me here in Australia.

5:00 PM, on the dot.
So its JUST after a hard day of Exams, schoolyard hijinks, and *shudders* learning!
I find it very handy, I just come home, and after a bit, theres my update.
Wonderful it is.

CBNJ

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I always think about staying up but then I think about it and end up just going to sleep because it won't be worth it. :p

whiterob

Smash Journeyman

So its JUST after a hard day of Exams, schoolyard hijinks, and *shudders* learning!
Wonderful it is.

You lucky baster*. So thats why your always one of the first posters on each new update. I would have to sacrifice my sleep over here while you could just leisurely check the update without disrupting your daily schedule at all.

DonkeySmasher

Smash Ace
well yesterday i was certain that it was not a character and we got bowser therefore

starts chanting "it will not be the release date"

Sandy

Smash Champion
This update was fantastic (I think the best 2 updates in a row that we have ever had...so far)

However, it does make me worried.

Bowser looks fantastic, mean, and ready to kick serious butt. There's only one problem, its pretty much how he looked in the previous one. I can see that he is updated, but when you are actually fighting, he won't look that much better overall (although the sides may be rounder and such). This is what worries me.

Pikachu, Kirby, Samus, and now Bowser all look quite similar to their previous incarnations while Mario only looks slightly updated (as does Fox). The only 2 characters so far are Link and Zelda, and that's because of their recently released game.

I don't know how they could change Bowser's appearance, but I'm just worried that the character's will look almost the same as they did in the last version.

Once again, I love how they introduced the character out of the blue, especially when profiles for other characters aren't even up yet, although we already know of them. (Zero Suit Samus, Yoshi, Snake).

With these 2 updates this week, tomorrow will be either a filler, or yet another wonderful surprise

Chibirobo

Smash Ace

Wonderful it is.
Lucky! Oh well, summer vacation is here,my family isn't doing any thing for the fourth in the US,my friends are seeing there families,and I planning on spending all of tomrrow sleeping anyway, so I'm ready to go! Even its something lame like "How to knock your enemy of the stage".

user_name

Smash Apprentice
If you're central. 3:00 AM eastern for me. He's been on-time consistantly for a good few weeks now.
Central (where I am) is 2:00 AM. It's 1 AM Mountain Time, 3 AM Eastern, and 12 AM Pacific. I dont know what the times are outside the US, but one can easily find a table and convert.

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
A stage would be lovely. Something brand new, I hope. I'd like to see Mario Circuit and the Fire Emblem castle eventually... but a completely unpredictable stage would be more exciting, IMO. Some from an "unconfirmed" series, like DKC or Earthbound. :D

Two hours!

Chibirobo

Smash Ace
Yeah, but what kind of stage? I hoping for that castle stage where everyone has been buzzing about that flag so we can figure out where thats a Zelda one/or an FE one.

Blackadder

Smash Master
I think its a FF stage myself.

But i'm honestly no expert on the series, I just think it looks diffrent to any LOZ castle I have ever seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom