• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***What's going on with Smashbros.com?***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smash G 0 D

Leave Luck to Heaven
BRoomer
I hope Marth returns. Imagine the possibility of how they could improve him graphic and costume wise after what we've seen so far. I have a feeling that, however, neither Roy or Marth will return and will be replaced with More recent characters instead.

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
I hope Marth returns. Imagine the possibility of how they could improve him graphic and costume wise after what we've seen so far. I have a feeling that, however, neither Roy or Marth will return and will be replaced with More recent characters instead.
I'm pretty sure Marth will stay. Removing him would be like choosing to remove Pikachu from that franchise. He's the icon of the very first game and the series.

Roy, on the other hand, is as good as gone. He was just a promotional character, they'll definitely replace him with a new FE character (hopefully not from the gamecube game, I thought that one sucked compared to the GBA games).

I just hope we see another out-there veteran like Zelda this week. A new stage would be sexy too. :D

Blackadder

Smash Master
Marth is likely to stay, (trust me, SOME people need him to sustain there lives)
But Roy, as has been stated before, is outta here.
He was just an add, really.
And he wasn't that great.

Blackadder

Smash Master
*looks up Ike on wikipedia*

Whats wrong with him?

...he looks exactly the same as Marth and Roy to me.

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
*looks up Ike on wikipedia*

Whats wrong with him?

...he looks exactly the same as Marth and Roy to me.
Ike is just some random mercenary leader's son who leads a band of misfits and gets lucky in finding a princess in a random forest.

That, and I really thought the gamecube Fire Emblem was just a flop.

I still like the first GBA Fire Emblem (with Lyn, Eliwood and Hector) the most. It had the most memorable characters, IMO.

Blackadder

Smash Master
From what I've heard, Ike seems to be very popular in the smash community, and heavily rumourd to be included in Brawl.

..which is as sad as wanting Geno.
(in my opionion)

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
From what I've heard, Ike seems to be very popular in the smash community, and heavily rumourd to be included in Brawl.

..which is as sad as wanting Geno.
(in my opionion)
I'd rather keep Roy than get Ike, really.

It'd be nice if they replaced him with someone that weilded something aside from a sword, or at least a different kind of sword (like Eirika used a rapier, Lyn a katana, etc.). I'm just sick of sword characters, really. Gimmie some axes, maces and lances.

Although I think Lyn would be an awesome addition to the roster, and her crit animation is totally Final-worthy.

I'm very eager to see Marth return though, really. And hopefully properly balanced this time around. I feel guilty using him in Melee when I rarely do...

Blackadder

Smash Master
I don't think Marth is all that Uber.
Sure, his reach can be a pain in the arse when Mr. n00b spams his foward smash, But a simple Mind game is all it takes to beat him.

petre

Smash Lord
closest to Sterling Heights, MI on your wii foreca
I'd rather keep Roy than get Ike, really.

It'd be nice if they replaced him with someone that weilded something aside from a sword, or at least a different kind of sword (like Eirika used a rapier, Lyn a katana, etc.). I'm just sick of sword characters, really. Gimmie some axes, maces and lances.
there is a single solution to your problem...FLORINA FOR BRAWL!!

kin3tic-c4jun-3

Smash Ace
I'm sorry, but fire emblem on the Cube was good. Intricate story-line based around political unrest, good moral, and Ike is quite cool. He's got a good character, and in the game, it's very evident that he changes as a person throughoutt the game. Did some of you even play it??

The fire emblem that includes Roy and Marth had far more inferior story-telling and character builds. Like seriously - PLAY THE GAME. It's just a fact, it's got worse storytelling/character depth.

Now Roy looks cool, yes. Marth is also....kind of... cool, fine. But you can NOT say that Ike doesn't fit the bill for Brawl, and that Roy or Marth should replace him. It's just non-sensical in almost every aspect, except for personal taste, and asthetic values.

Ike is just some random mercenary leader's son who leads a band of misfits and gets lucky in finding a princess in a random forest.
Again, how can you say this so negatively? There IS a story-line, and Ike HAS a character. He's just as deserving as any Fire Emblem character is.

Blackadder

Smash Master
I'm sorry, but fire emblem on the Cube was good. Intricate story-line based around political unrest, good moral, and Ike is quite cool. He's got a good character, and in the game, it's very evident that he changes as a person throughoutt the game. Did some of you even play it??

The fire emblem that includes Roy and Marth had far more inferior story-telling and character builds. Like seriously - PLAY THE GAME. It's just a fact, it's got worse storytelling/character depth.

Now Roy looks cool, yes. Marth is also....kind of... cool, fine. But you can NOT say that Ike doesn't fit the bill for Brawl, and that Roy or Marth should replace him. It's just non-sensical in almost every aspect, except for personal taste, and asthetic values.

Again, how can you say this so negatively? There IS a story-line, and Ike HAS a character. He's just as deserving as any Fire Emblem character is.
Yeah, but the ones with Marth and Roy are classics.
Its like Mario.
EVERYONE loves his older games, even if there "inferior".
I've never played FB, but according to reviews, the classics GREAT.

kin3tic-c4jun-3

Smash Ace
Well it is great and they're great chars, but I mean to point out that Ike is not really as random or pointless as it may seem.... Just becuase he's not classic doesn't mean he's terrible either...

GreenMamba

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I'm pretty darn certain that Marth and Roy are from completely different games than eachother.

Blackadder

Smash Master
Anyways;
On topic.
What's your predictions for Updates this week?
Today even?
I'm DYING for a special "E3 is comin'" week!

MastaWeeji

Smash Cadet
I've been thinking about if they show details on Kirby's final smash, that it would be cool if it wasn't just "Cook" powers all the time. Kirby has many different abilities, so i wouldn't be surprised if they were to use "Mix" as Kirby's Final Smash (Mix goes through a roulette of different powers)... where Kirby would have a variety of different outcomes, like G&W's Judgement. Of course, this would take a bit more time to produce the animation for each one, but the work would be well worth it. That would be a pretty sweet idea IMO.

burrito

Smash Lord
Okay, okay then.

Well, maybe he's getting as much out as he can in competitive play.

and your doing the same in fun play.

So, if everyones happy, whats the big deal?
The problem is (if you've read from the beginning you would know this), I feel each character should be appreciated. I'm tired of people complaining when they update about one character and not the other because they are all important. People constantly complaining about Wario being a ****ty character is a pain in the ***.

DonkeySmasher

Smash Ace
The problem is (if you've read from the beginning you would know this), I feel each character should be appreciated. I'm tired of people complaining when they update about one character and not the other because they are all important. People constantly complaining about Wario being a ****ty character is a pain in the ***.
QFT

smash is a game about appeasing the masses
to some people serious characters like snake and ridley is their idol and forced to be their main

others like the comical nintendo and aprecciates characters as what they are

sure you will never see yoshi or kirby killing an army using a machine gun but they represent the child and retro gamer in all of us IMO

burrito

Smash Lord
Oh, I doubt Roy will return. He was in the upcoming Fire Emblem game when Melee came out, so he was really just an advertisement. Marth on the other hand is the original lord from the original Fire Emblem. So, he has a higher chance of returning. I'm still not sure if he will return, though. Good chance it will be Ike or something. Does it really matter in the end, though? They are all basically the same. Whichever Fire Emblem character appears in Brawl, I'm sure the moveset will remain.

DonkeySmasher

Smash Ace
IMO

the FE cast is either marth, ike, Black Night or Micaiah

all four is good however i can't see the series with more than 3 characters

MastaWeeji

Smash Cadet
I've been thinking about if they show details on Kirby's final smash, that it would be cool if it wasn't just "Cook" powers all the time. Kirby has many different abilities, so i wouldn't be surprised if they were to use "Mix" as Kirby's Final Smash (Mix goes through a roulette of different powers)... where Kirby would have a variety of different outcomes, like G&W's Judgement. Of course, this would take a bit more time to produce the animation for each one, but the work would be well worth it. That would be a pretty sweet idea IMO.
More elaboration on my post about Kirby Final Smash update, Different powers possible for the "Mix" Final Smash (there are many powers, but i note the ones i think are worthy of Final Smash):

Cook - already confirmed
Tornado - pretty sweet technique from Kirby's Adventure... would make a nice FS
Mike - A massive sound blast
Crash - definitely a good FS... equivalent to G&W's 9, but Final smash style
Plasma - Super Huge plasma Hadouken.... need i say anything else... this would be the nicest looking one i methinks

Another thought, Kirby's Final Smash could be also a copy of the character he has sucked up using "Copy" - idea sparked from Blackadder's comment

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
OK Got Blood? I know you're a big Leon fan so would he use hand to hand since their not keen on the idea of guns. I think he would be an awesome addition but i want to know how he would fight.

Devastlian

Smash Lord
Ya, especially when you consider the, like, 20:4 hand-to-hand to sword fighter ratio in the last game there's definately an overabundance of sword fighters.

Got Blood?

Smash Lord
OK Got Blood? I know you're a big Leon fan so would he use hand to hand since their not keen on the idea of guns. I think he would be an awesome addition but i want to know how he would fight.
Leon would be sort of like a Snake Esque character,from what we know of him.Have a few explosives,his trusty knife,he may not necessarily be a hand to hand combatant,but it sure beats the droll redundancy of all those sword characters.

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
We need more hand to hand fighters,not more swordsman. :ohwell:
A-friggin'-men.

Ya, especially when you consider the, like, 20:4 hand-to-hand to sword fighter ratio in the last game there's definately an overabundance of sword fighters.
I look at it more as a 4:0 sword to other weapon ratio as the problem. This is even going up in Brawl, adding MK and Pit to make a 6:0. As I said earlier, gimmie axes, maces and lances.

Most of what makes the sword "overabundance" obvious, though, is the people who say things like "we want Crono, Ike, Black Knight, Lyn, Cloud, Squall, Nightmare, and Ganon and Zelda should use swords!!1". There ARE other weapon options out there, people are just shallow.

Got Blood?

Smash Lord
Fanewgie,you're a smart cookie.I wouldn't mind if a few of the swords were unique like Clouds,or nightmares,but we have Roy,Young Link,Marth,Link...It's just too much.

DonkeySmasher

Smash Ace
i want maces and all but my first wish is the bizarre weapon

give me k rool's cannon, jr's paintbrush, krystal's staff, and olimar's pikmin

i would allow some unique swordsmen like daggars though

so far pit and meta knight's sword seem less generic thank you sakurai

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
give me k rool's cannon, jr's paintbrush, krystal's staff, and olimar's pikmin
Now you're thinkin'.

I'm actually cheering for Bowser Jr. just because he has such a unique and potential weapon choice. Same with Krystal, though I think she has more of a chance than Jr. does based just on current franchise representation.

Kelexo

Smash Journeyman
About due for a pokemon update, in my opinion. If not, a stage, or worse case scenario, a useless update. Note that I only keep "You must recover!" in mind when I say this.

Blackadder

Smash Master
This is E3 week man!
I'm hyped for this weeks updates!

...while being prepared for dissapointment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom