• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***What's going on with Smashbros.com?***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gargomon251

Smash Journeyman
Say, I wonder if this means anything for Box Boxer or Boxin.

...Probably not.

But I still think Fighter Kirby is diverse enough to have a chance. His moves work perfectly for the standard special setup, complete with recovery. He even has Arm Throw and Tomoe Throw. You could probably combine both movesets.

One of the alt-flight types might be interesting too if the moves could be diversified, such as Jet or Bird.

I just hope at least ONE Kirby ability shows up as a separate character, whether as another Kirby or a Helper. Someone mentioned Biospark earlier, I think Quado-Shock would be a kickass B move.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
Well, it's like they say, if you don't have any substance, make it flashy and hopefully noone will notice!

That seem's to be what's gonig on with PIMPSLAP here.

EDIT: At that rate why not jsut ditch Kirby for one of the MANY clones that could be concocted? Samus and Zamus are close, but at least they have different speeds, attacks, strengths, weakness, which takes them away from the clone category. Fighting Kirby wouldn't be a huge step away from Spiky Kirby, or Fire Kirby. I just think it would be really clonish..

Gargomon251

Smash Journeyman
EDIT: At that rate why not jsut ditch Kirby for one of the MANY clones that could be concocted? Samus and Zamus are close, but at least they have different speeds, attacks, strengths, weakness, which takes them away from the clone category. Fighting Kirby wouldn't be a huge step away from Spiky Kirby, or Fire Kirby. I just think it would be really clonish..
Um, other than movement, Fighter has nothing at all in common with the normal kirby setup. Also Spike Kirby only has a single attack, and Fire Kirby is also limited to 5 attacks, but it Burnin Leo may make an okay AT.

Here is the key: combining KatAM and KSS's Fighter movesets yields a whopping 11 different attacks, not counting throws.

Take for comparison Kirby and Jpuff. Similar, but not at all clonish.

Chibirobo

Smash Ace
I'm hoping for Meta Knight to be the character update for the week or a story mode continueation for Monday.

Also,PIMPSLAP was asking me for Dawn Patrol(I said everyone else had to vote,like normal). Do you guys like him,I can't tell.

bored

Smash Ace
For some reason I hate the weekends now lol.. oh well I hope we start getting some newcomers i'm tired of talking about who is already in.. >:/

Croco

Smash Lord
For some reason I hate the weekends now lol.. oh well I hope we start getting some newcomers i'm tired of talking about who is already in.. >:/
ugh yeah. I hate weekends now.. lol
But you never know.. updates might change to 7 days a week.

Chibirobo

Smash Ace
Its not that bad in Michigan(weather wise),of couse,we've had 70 degree weather in December,so this place is weird anyway.

bored

Smash Ace
Oh well once school starts up in august, its no more internet for a long time..

Chibirobo

Smash Ace
Oh well once school starts up in august, its no more internet for a long time..
No kidding. The amount of spamming on this thread will drop by, like,80%.

On topic,I'm REALLY want to either Yoshi,Zelda,Or DK's Final Smash.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
wondering the same thing, can't think of one except one that might involve stealth and some missiles or granades, as for school I already graduated so...

M.K

Level 55
I just went back to school on Wednesday. Year-Round High School FTW!

I really, REALLY want to see Meta-Knight's Final Smash!

OmegaXXII

graduation rocks! anyway, and i am sure Kojima will do a great job with snake's final smash but I really hope we at least get to see his profile sotimes this week or next, with Sakurai posting random updates we'll probably get some new character out of the blue which i'm really hoping

He could Nuke the Level?
hmm.. not a bad prediction

Blackadder

Smash Master
Any predictions for next week fellas?
I don't think it would be to muxh to anticipate a "This world..." update the week after the next.
At least, I hope.

OmegaXXII

probably we'll see another character profile (hoping is snake) or some new music or maybe he'll finally give us an update on a new game mode

Joe Soup

Smash Ace
Mastering the mysterious art of Quantum Edge Physi
as for school I already graduated so...
OHHHH...lol. Lucky.

I just went back to school on Wednesday. Year-Round High School FTW!
Wow, that sucks. I go back late-August. We start early and get out early for our area.

But back to non-spamming. Seeing as Hideo Kojima is designing a level himself and probably has a hand in some of the Metal Gear items (cardboard box FTW!), it would only make sense that he would come up with something kick-arse for Snake's FS.

It's still kind of surreal that Solid Snake is in Smash Bros., though. :psycho:

Chibirobo

Smash Ace
I don't think it would be to muxh to anticipate a "This world..." update the week after the next.
At least, I hope.

My same thoughts,and I'm hoping for Meta Kinght,and maybe a stage for characters that haven't been revealed yet.(An F-Zero stage or Luigi's Mansion,maybe?)

Joe Soup

Smash Ace
Originally Posted by Blackadder
At least, I hope.
Seeing as how Sakurai is big on cliffhangers, I don't think he'll be leaking out anymore information about the single player mode / storyline until the release.

However, since this week was kind of a letdown (besides the footstooling, which revealed that Sakurai was making some technique / engine changes to the game), we can probably expect some awesome updates next week (character profiles, character confirmation, etc.).

Sandy

Smash Champion
I like the assist trophies. They're like pokeballs, but less gay and way cooler.

I don't think the words "Pokemon" and "cool" could ever be in the same sentence together, unless of course the sentence is "Pokemon is not cool at all."

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
At least, I hope.
i don't even expect a game mode this week. maybe the week after this. it's popped up every three weeks.

at least one character, probably one of the secrets in 64 or a starter in melee, so falcon or ness is high. music i expect, maybe another item

OmegaXXII

I agree that Assist Trophies are good but pokemon are also good especially the legendaries like Deoxys and Groudon which i'm really looking forward to but just legendary pokemon as for the others I could care less

M.K

Level 55
Remember, Some of the best pokemon to come out of the pokeballs weren't legendaries, such as Snorlax, Scizor, Unown, Blastoise, Charizard, Venusaur, and Bellossom.

OmegaXXII

yeah you have a point there, but they really don't appeal to me as much as legndaries which are always cool to see, of course some of them wereuseless like Mew and Celebi

Gargomon251

Smash Journeyman
I really, REALLY want to see Meta-Knight's Final Smash!
I'm expecting either his flying attacks from KSS, or his Sword Tornado from KatAM. That would be awesome.

I like the assist trophies. They're like pokeballs, but less gay and way cooler.

I don't think the words "Pokemon" and "cool" could ever be in the same sentence together, unless of course the sentence is "Pokemon is not cool at all."
ROFLMAO. :psycho: :joyful: :laugh:

anyway,given the 493 to choose from, I'm hoping to see at LEAST 50 of the best from all four gens.

Please?

Joe Soup

Smash Ace
50? That's quite a lot of Pokemon taking up item spaces...not that items matter much, but still.

Ditto would be fun to have in there. If you attack him, he could change into a clone of the player that attacked him (complete with Ditto eyes;)), dance around the stage attacking people for a few minutes, then disappear.

OmegaXXII

well 50 is a pretty large number, i'd say about 25 different should appear, as for ditto appearing it's a good chance he'll make it this time, after all he was gonna be in melee but instead left him out and left him in the debug menu

Ash Hol

Smash Apprentice
i think ditto should just turn into the character that threw the ball and attack random people for not very long

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom