• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***What's going on with Smashbros.com?***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toilet Paper

Smash Journeyman
I like the assist trophies. They're like pokeballs, but less gay and way cooler.

I don't think the words "Pokemon" and "cool" could ever be in the same sentence together, unless of course the sentence is "Pokemon is not cool at all."
D00d. Pokezorz iz t3h ub3r3st thang everzzzzz.... zorz.

You don't know what you are talking about.

Gargomon251

Smash Journeyman
Ditto would be fun to have in there. If you attack him, he could change into a clone of the player that attacked him (complete with Ditto eyes;)), dance around the stage attacking people for a few minutes, then disappear.
I'm thinking he could be either an attacker, a decoy, or both, depending how the AI uses him. Hopefully he will have a hidden percentage, like the other ice climber. He would be as weak as one of the "team" characters instead of having a time limit.

well 50 is a pretty large number, i'd say about 25 different should appear
Hello, there was 29 pokemon in balls in SSBM. And three had no effect. More variety is better

Brawl wishlist:
1) Star Wolf
you do realize that star wolf consists of any of up to 6 different characters, right?

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
i think ditto should just turn into the character that threw the ball and attack random people for not very long
Personally, I like the idea of Ditto being a playable character, that changes into a random character for every stock. (IE Starts as Mario, dies, comes back as pikachu, dies, comes back as Kirby, ect)

Toilet Paper

Smash Journeyman
Personally, I like the idea of Ditto being a playable character, that changes into a random character for every stock. (IE Starts as Mario, dies, comes back as pikachu, dies, comes back as Kirby, ect)
That's be cool, Mic. Ditto coming back to life, changing.... Yea, that'd be awesome. It'd be like Kirby's copy ability, just, you can't get out of it. At the beginning of the match, when you pick ditto, it asks which char's you want to be. (For the first life Link, second samus, etc.) I think Ditto would be awesome for Brawl.

Joe Soup

Smash Ace
Mastering the mysterious art of Quantum Edge Physi
This is just an idea, so don't flame me if you don't like it.

Maybe when you choose Ditto at the beginning of the match, you start out as him, and you have to touch the person you want to transform into, because the longer you stay as Ditto, your percentage goes steadily up at a slow rate.

However, once you transform, your percentage decreases over time, like an anti-poison. Then if enemy players hit you enough, they can knock the transformation out of you, like how you can do with Kirby, or if you're holding an item.

Just a suggestion. Howver, I don't think it'll be very likely that Ditto becomes a PC.

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
I'm not too fond of that idea. It seems too broken. I mean, steadily healing? And what about the event matches? The matches against the wireframe replacements? Or Master Hand?

The general idea of Ditto being a stock-random sound better in my opinion.

Octillus

Smash Ace
NNID
Octillus
3DS FC
0963-0987-3528
Ah ditto. The recent games have turned him into the pokebreeder. And I find that really creepy that we encourage small lizards and birds and mammals to procreate with a morphing puddle of goo.

Dragonboy2k4

Smash Ace
Just stating my opinion here but,anit Ditto a 1st gerneration Pokemon? I mean,even if it would be a cool idea to have Ditto as such,but the only problem I see it being is a dated issue.And to the "pickyness" of Sakurai,its quite clear that he wants more characters to have unique ablities this time around.For example,most people would compare Ditto to the likeness of Kirby,tho the likeness is different,but similarity exist.Just a thought..

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
Well, for starters, Ditto did feature in Melee, somewhat in modified form (during tournament play you can choose a "Ditto" by doing some things, which allowed you to randomize your character at the beginning of each round).

Joe Soup

Smash Ace
Mastering the mysterious art of Quantum Edge Physi
Well, for starters, Ditto did feature in Melee, somewhat in modified form (during tournament play you can choose a "Ditto" by doing some things, which allowed you to randomize your character at the beginning of each round).
That doesn't mean that the Pokemon itself was in the game; just a figure of speech. But still, Dragon brought up a good poing--if Sakurai is going to put in any Pokemon, it'll most likely be mainly the newest generation. However, I could see him putting in some older gen Pokemon here and there, just for diversity. That's something Sakurai would probably do.

Blackadder

Smash Master
You're all on drugs right?
If Ditto where playable, I think the world may well just implode.
AT ftw.

Blackadder

Smash Master
lulz.
Teh big man and his minions...
Sadly Smash debater really doesn't mean much, but whatever. :D

I did it for teh lulz.

Seriously though folks, a playable character?
Johnny Depp has more chance in the roster than Ditto.

Got Blood?

Smash Lord
Ya,I sitll like my idea of Sakurai putting that day a power ring item.Can you imagine how sweet that'd be? :grin:

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I wonder how many people complained about Sonic not being in the game this last thursday.:grin:
Probably just the people that never got the word that the article was fake.

I wonder if there was anybody that never found out it was fake...

Chibirobo

Smash Ace
Diiot wouldn't be that bad. Also,the Sonic Fanboys are totally insane!(Not as bad as the Ridley Supporters,though)

Del Money

Smash Champion
first time on this particular thread since friday morning falling asleep 10 minutes before the update while Weed was dreaming about Kirby's FS and sex with my mother and while RDK was getting banned and Fawriel somehow avoided it...
Seeing as how Sakurai is big on cliffhangers, I don't think he'll be leaking out anymore information about the single player mode / storyline until the release.
finally....someone that agrees with me
I like the assist trophies. They're like pokeballs, but less gay and way cooler.

I don't think the words "Pokemon" and "cool" could ever be in the same sentence together, unless of course the sentence is "Pokemon is not cool at all."
HAHAHAHAHHA QFT
You're all on drugs right?
If Ditto where playable, I think the world may well just implode.
AT ftw.
agreed again
I wonder how many people complained about Sonic not being in the game this last thursday.:grin:
lol...dont ask questions you really dont wanna know the answer to
Ok well for tommorows update imma have to say peach confirmed, FTW
ill say youre wrong. im thinking music. but a FS or a special moves are probable as well.

Gargomon251

Smash Journeyman
Sounds like Charade from Soul Calibur, every round he fights as someone else

In other words, I like it!
NO WAIT!!!!!

What about something like Shang Tsung/Khameleon?
Transforming mid-battle! Serious, that would be so cool. Not necessarily controllable, but still. That would be awesome for people like me who don't really have a main.

MasterFox -Green-

Smash Rookie
Sorry to tell you this.

So what updates are left from the videos we've seen? So far all I can think of is Snake, Metaknight, the FE Castle, and the Mario Kart level.

They most likely aren't have a Snake update until after the game is out, because as Masahiro Sakurai has said "I will release information on unlockable characters once the game is released; All third party characters will be hidden characters"

Sandy

Smash Champion
Update-wise: Knuckle Joe... Awesome. He was a very helpful partner in Kirby Super Star, and he doesn't seem to disappoint here, either. That should make for one incredibly useful Assist Trophy. Never noticed how fat his cheeks were, though. What I'm wondering is, does he do all three attacks when he's summoned, or does he perform one of the three randomly?

Another Assist Trophy-related question: Is there a limit to how many one character can use, like Smash Balls?

Del Money

Smash Champion
They most likely aren't have a Snake update until after the game is out, because as Masahiro Sakurai has said "I will release information on unlockable characters once the game is released; All third party characters will be hidden characters"
yeah well...
1. where did you get this info?
2. if 3rd parties are so hidden, how come Snake is in the trailer?

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
An edit: Sakurai stated he will show the unlockable characters before the game releases as he knows the internet will spoil it right away anyway. He wants to do it himself all dramatic-like with screenshots. But this probably won't happen until a month or two before release.

Update-wise: Knuckle Joe... Awesome. He was a very helpful partner in Kirby Super Star, and he doesn't seem to disappoint here, either. That should make for one incredibly useful Assist Trophy. Never noticed how fat his cheeks were, though. What I'm wondering is, does he do all three attacks when he's summoned, or does he perform one of the three randomly?
Did you even read the update? It clearly states he uses the Vulcan Jab and then finishes with one of the other two.

yeah well...
1. where did you get this info?
2. if 3rd parties are so hidden, how come Snake is in the trailer?
1. from Sakurai's blog back on "V1" of smashbros.com
2. They showed Snake to gain hype at the time of the first trailer. Now they keep him hidden as an unlockable to build suspense, which, in turn, gains hype.

chiyo-chan' dad

Smash Ace
An edit: Sakurai stated he will show the unlockable characters before the game releases as he knows the internet will spoil it right away anyway. He wants to do it himself all dramatic-like with screenshots. But this probably won't happen until a month or two before release.

Links, anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom