• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***What's going on with Smashbros.com?***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thunderslf

Smash Journeyman
They most likely aren't have a Snake update until after the game is out, because as Masahiro Sakurai has said "I will release information on unlockable characters once the game is released; All third party characters will be hidden characters"
I think Snake might be the exception, since we already know of his existance. I could be wrong though.

Del Money

Smash Champion
1. from Sakurai's blog back on "V1" of smashbros.com
ok then, do you know of any other ways of seeing Sakurai's blog? and while youre at it do you think you can get me a link to Sakurai's poll? i feel like im the only one that never saw it
Links, anyone?
yeah those would be nice (as well as your avatar in bed)
I think Snake might be the exception, since we already know of his existance. I could be wrong though.
thats what i thought too

so anyone else think music tonight?

atomicd

Smash Rookie
Hey, dude who created this thread,

Don't get all mad at me for saying this, but Central time is wrong. I live in the central time zone side of Tennesse, or the west side of Tennessee. I always check them every morning when i wake up (7:30ish - 9:00ish) and i see it then. Every night i always show my sister the updates when it's past 10:00.

But ya, dont go all beserk on me i'm just pointing that out.

-Atomicd

bored

Smash Ace
Mortal Kombat fighters would be awesome characters to add to brawl, it's like sub zero or scorpion... lol I can just see scorpion throwing his spear at mario and saying "Get Over Here!"... Then end off with the announcer dude saying "Finish him"

Del Money

Smash Champion
Lol, you think I like C.Falcon? :laugh:
hmm i guess not. i like Tifa...shes so fine (even more so in FF7 than in AC). but yeah just dont see a new cahracter profile coming tonight. i think falcon is definitely up for this week though and perhaps some kind of earthbound/mother item or AT or music or signify that Ness will come back next week or the week after. however tonight just screams music to me just cuz its been so long. same with FS or special moves.
.......Your off your head.
i 2nd that

bored

Smash Ace
Umm yeah I'm off my head cause I mentioned MK fighters in brawl..mhmm... yeah

Del Money

Smash Champion
MK is a mature fighting game...smash is not. Snake was begged to be in so thats no counterexample. Link was in Sou Calibur only for the Gamecue so thats no exception either
Anyone have any ideas for the update tonight? I'm thinking either a stage, character, or music.
im think music, FS, or special moves
Yeah i'm putting my money on a character...
if you mean a character PROFILE then ill def take that money

@Suna
thank you Lord for people who reason logically

chiyo-chan' dad

Smash Ace
hmm i guess not. i like Tifa...shes so fine (even more so in FF7 than in AC). but yeah just dont see a new cahracter profile coming tonight
Lol, forget C.Falcon for tonights update, I think todates update is ....... Tifa!!! :laugh:

Man, I was just joking with you. (well it's a bit funny, Mortal Kombat fighters in Brawl) :laugh:

bored

Smash Ace
Oh... lol sorry I kinda get hissy when people go against my opinions lol.. I should have known :laugh:

Del Money

Smash Champion
Skeet skeet fellas,I missed you guys!! ,and that newcomer skeet on the floor is...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXzg0D-cKds :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :rotfl
that was actualyl kinda funny...i wanna get that actual remixed song now

Lol I wonder what ethan would say if he saw samus naked??
i know what i would say..."thank God im sitting down"

Lol, forget C.Falcon for tonights update, I think todates update is ....... Tifa!!! :laugh:
you mean in a sexy suit samus outfit right? oh whatever...rinoa is hotter anyways...SIKE

You can bring that to the bank, son.
do work, son...do work

chiyo-chan' dad

Smash Ace
bored: It's ok, it's cool. :)

you mean in a sexy suit samus outfit right?
Mmmm... now that you say that, it's got me thinking, I love to a fight with Zamus & Tifa, CAT FIGHT!!!!!!

So, who's staying up for the update?

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
Mortal Kombat fighters would be awesome characters to add to brawl, it's like sub zero or scorpion... lol I can just see scorpion throwing his spear at mario and saying "Get Over Here!"... Then end off with the announcer dude saying "Finish him"
Terrible idea. I'm pretty much against the idea of any fighting game character entering the brawl as I think it's just unoriginal and I think they can come up with something far more interesting. This goes for Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter and even Soul Calibur. That, and the addition of some of these franchises might bump Brawl up to an M which they're probably wanting to avoid.

hmm i guess not. i like Tifa...shes so fine
polygons r hawt amirite ?

however tonight just screams music to me just cuz its been so long. same with FS or special moves.
It hasn't been THAT long, but I do predict music maybe.. mid-week. We really need a Final or Special Moves update, though. And we really REALLY need an item update that isn't a pokemon or an AT, plz.

Edit: holy crap, was that a 5x post Ethan? A little trigger happy on the post button, are we.

Edit again: It was 7x. ;)

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
What just happened? My Wii Browser shouldn't have done that! It wouldn't load so I hit it 5 or 6 times....oops...

To any mods: This was a complete accident, I'm terribly sorry.

^^^^ No. Mortal Kombat doesn't have a chance, but Soul Calibur does. Link was in it. Maybe Ivy or Raphael, they'd be interesting.

IGN thinks Ivy could make it.

IVY FTW!

Del Money

Smash Champion
So, who's staying up for the update?
me, like 8 out of the 20 billion members of dawn patrol, ethan, dragonboy2k4 (along with his endless supply of youtube vids), Weed most likely, Meta-Kirby, a few idiotic guest appearances from friggin 1337marth, Got Blood & SonicMario most liekly, and anywhere within the range of 8-10 n00bs

I want an FF character or GS. Which one has a better chance?
final fantasy my ***. good luck with that. id like it too but it wont happen
polygons r hawt amirite ?
why the hell does everyone take what i say seriously? ****ing relax, people
It hasn't been THAT long, but I do predict music maybe.. mid-week. We really need a Final or Special Moves update, though. And we really REALLY need an item update that isn't a pokemon or an AT, plz.
on the contrary, FS and special moves are pretty damm likely as well as music. perhaps ethan might get his zelda wish tonight. as for ATs, all i want is dixie kong as an AT...then ill be ****ing happy as a mother****er

@ethan
way to increase your post count buddy. i never woulda thought of that myself

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
I wasn't trying to increase my post count! Don't say that!

Oh, and 3 members of omneox are staying up. (Me, Johnknight1, & Del Money)

Anyone who thinks a video game character is hot is just sick. (Del, I know you waz jokin):p

Skeet skeet.

And I hope I get my wish tonight. I'll keep wishin untill I get the dam update.

Smooth Ethan

Del Money

Smash Champion
Oh, and 3 members of omneox are staying up. (Me, Johnknight1, & Del Money)
i havent seen John friggin Knight anywhere in like a week
Anyone who thinks a video game character is hot is just sick. (Del, I know you waz jokin):p
what about lara croft from the actual tomb raider movies? shes so hot, i dont even recognize her as angelina jolie anymore hahaha
Smooth Ethan
no offense but that sounds like a dirty joke gone completely wrong...lol jk. i want Smooth Criminal to come in here and bust us both

FS or special moves or music tonight

Smooth Money

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
I think it's about time to lay out my predictions for the week. Right after I go get a Vault...

Kay. I've been gradually developing some theories over the weekend out of boredom (it's kind of funny how the (lack of) Smash updates makes me completely hate weekends now) and I thought I'd dive into them a little now. First, for this week, I'm seeing:

A veteran profile (specifically, a Melee veteran, more specifically, Peach), Special Moves, a Final Smash, an item (please please PLEASE a stand-alone item and not a pokémon or AT) and last but not least, music.

Now, my super amazing theory. This is based pretty much entirely on character profiles. I've noticed two patterns in the making so far, which are:

1.) there have been three veteran profiles in between newcomers
2.) veteran profiles come in pairs according to game

What I mean is, since Wario, there was Zelda and Bowser (from Melee) and DK (from 64), and then Zero Suit Samus. Then Yoshi (continuing from 64). With this pattern I'm predicting that we'll see Peach and the Ice Climbers (or perhaps Marth) in the next two weeks, with MetaKnight on the third week.

If they stick to a character a week like they have been recently, the next few profiles will read out like (for example): Peach, Marth, MetaKnight, Captain Falcon, Ness, Mewtwo, ... and this is where options split, into:

1.) they take the newcomer out of the equation and continue confirming veterans. At this point, Game and Watch, Luigi and Jigglypuff are the only ones left, not including clones.
2.) they continue with the newcomers, inevitably revealing brand new characters on an essentially monthly basis.
3.) they continue with the newcomers, with Snake being on the front lines.
4.) they continue with the newcomers, including as newcomers the de-cloned fighters, like Ganondorf and Young Link, etc.

Keeping in mind, if they continue the character-a-week pattern at the least, I predict we'll begin seeing unlockables and newcomers as late as October. Unless Sakurai decides to throw them into the mix sooner than this.

I haven't really drawn an long-term prediction out of this, since I honestly think Sakurai will prove me wrong within the next week or two. ;) But I do think we'll be getting Peach this week and MetaKnight in three weeks.

I rambled on kind of long. :( My bad.

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
IGN thinks Ivy could make it.
IGN actually said that Ivy COULDN'T because she's too busty for the game and that she'd take away from the flavor of Zero Suit Samus. I personally think if they go with a Soul Calibur character, they'll go with Nightmare, it seems to make the most sense. Isn't he even the development team's mascot?

final fantasy my ***. good luck with that. id like it too but it wont happen
I think if they talk to Squeenix about a character it'll either be Sora (who seems unlikely, but I have to admit, would fit into the Smash universe very well), or (what I'd prefer) a generic Black Mage like they did (so awesomely) in Mario Hoops. Imagine a Meteor Final Smash. :O

why the hell does everyone take what i say seriously? ****ing relax, people
Why the hell do you take what I said seriously? ;P

Edit: oops, double post, but I really didn't feel the need to make my above post EVEN LONGER.

Del Money

Smash Champion
Keeping in mind, if they continue the character-a-week pattern at the least, I predict we'll begin seeing unlockables and newcomers as late as October. Unless Sakurai decides to throw them into the mix sooner than this.
wait,wait,wait,wait,WAIT. WTF. wasnt it you who said that Sakurai's blog said no unlockables being revealed until brawl is released?
since I honestly think Sakurai will prove me wrong within the next week or two. ;)
and i honestly think youre right
But I do think we'll be getting Peach this week and MetaKnight in three weeks.
meta-knight? probably much sooner. peach? maybe but id give it a bit longer
I rambled on kind of long. :( My bad.
damm right is your bad...lol jk
IGN actually said that Ivy COULDN'T because she's too busty for the game and that she'd take away from the flavor of Zero Suit Samus. I personally think if they go with a Soul Calibur character, they'll go with Nightmare, it seems to make the most sense. Isn't he even the development team's mascot?
too busty??? oh come on. ever seen Julie Bruin from the Tiny Toons cartoon?...nuff said
I think if they talk to Squeenix about a character it'll either be Sora (who seems unlikely, but I have to admit, would fit into the Smash universe very well), or (what I'd prefer) a generic Black Mage like they did (so awesomely) in Mario Hoops. Imagine a Meteor Final Smash. :O
i kinda wanna know who the most popular/liked Squeenix character is of all time...
Why the hell do you take what I said seriously? ;P
touche

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom