• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***What's going on with Smashbros.com?***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zinfandel

Smash Journeyman
Stage looks cool. Hopefully weird things happen - like real physics dictating where rolliung boulders go. Banned from tourney play but that goes without saying.

Also - WTF? Airplanes? Pieces of a building in the sky? Climbing animations for every character (look at Mario there)? New gameplay element - climbable stuff?

Woot.

Phred

Smash Journeyman
Cool, DK stage. It's like a tropical Infinite Mountain :D
I wonder if the ladders are really climbable or if they just made the screenshot look like that?
I wonder what that could mean for other stages?

KevRed

Smash Apprentice
If they took this stage from Donkey Kong: Jungle Beat, then that means all kinds of stage possibilities come up!

Super Mario Galaxy anyone?

-KevRed

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
My question is: who actually liked Ice mountain? Nobody I've ever played with, casually or seriously, actually enjoyed playing on that stage. Ever.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Mario is climbing a ladder if anybody didn't notice. Kinda cool. Insta-banned from tournaments though.

bluethree

Smash Journeyman
can you say BANNED?
Don't see why it would be. Pokefloats and Rainbow Cruise weren't banned in Melee. As long as the movement is predictable or controllable (meaning it'll only move up when a character does) then there is no reason to ban it.

DonkeySmasher

Smash Ace
if the stage scrolls slowly seems like a mario party minigame

also if you can climb stuff think of 1 player possibilities

Fawriel

Smash Master
Hey, it can't be as bad as the Ice Climbers stage. I think they learned from at least SOME of the design flaws of that stage... I hope. :p
Well, for one, it does not suddenly change the scrolling speed. Yay?

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
This does not bode well for the IC's.

They could still be in, of course, but this clearly shows that the SSB team doesn't have a problem with just totally replacing a niche stage.

Flyingsheep

Smash Rookie
Who said this is infinite like the ice climbers level? The update never mentioned that. There seems to be a top where it stops scrolling.

Phred

Smash Journeyman
Don't see why it would be. Pokefloats and Rainbow Cruise weren't banned in Melee. As long as the movement is predictable or controllable (meaning it'll only move up when a character does) then there is no reason to ban it.
I think it's just the proximity of the edges of the stage to the left and right bounds. I know whenever I'm at Icicle Mountain, I like to wait at the edges to backwards throw people to their deaths. lol. I wonder what IS at the top of that stage? There's some beanstalk action there, maybe the top is that cloudy stage we saw before.

PrinnyFlute

Smash Journeyman
Infinite Glacier,
Most annoying stage I've seen
****, it's coming back
Let's not all jump the gun here. Hopefully this stage will be loads better than Infinite Glacier. Admittedly, Melee was rushed, so this will probably be more balanced anyway.

The stage itself looks good. You can't go wrong with waterfalls. If the climb stays at a reasonable pace, we could have a really nice environment for matches. More like Mario's Rainbow stage than Infinite Glacier.

'Course, if they really rush us up the stage...

DonkeySmasher

Smash Ace
also no surprise but dk's up smash is the same yay

anyway the banning part will probably be due to the runoff part but party time

finally i think that's a part of the stage not an item

Salaad

Smash Ace

The top of the waterfall isn’t the top! Keep climbing!

Hey! What’s at the top? Huh?

Hmm...I wonder...

THE BATTLE WILL KEEP GOING ON THE PLANE IN THE BACK ROUND!!!!!!111!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom