• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***What's going on with Smashbros.com?***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackadder

Smash Master
I'm dissapointed with this update.
Yet another continuation of the "Non tourny legal" stages.
I fear for this stage, as it looks like another Icicle mountain to me.

Gargomon251

Smash Journeyman
It is my staunch belief that NO ONE that has been in SSB64 would EVER leave. None have yet. Is it really that hard to add 10, even 15 newcomers without dropping even half that many from the previous roster? I just wonder if Luigi will finally gain "starter" status after being the only hidden character for two consecutive games.

2nd Stamp

Smash Ace
It is my staunch belief that NO ONE that has been in SSB64 would EVER leave. None have yet. Is it really that hard to add 10, even 15 newcomers without dropping even half that many from the previous roster? I just wonder if Luigi will finally gain "starter" status after being the only hidden character for two consecutive games.
Jigglypuff?

Chibirobo

Smash Ace
I like this stage. It seems to be the the Icicle mountain,so this might be de-confirming the Ice Climbers(bummer,I always liked them)

Blackadder

Smash Master
@Chib
How does it deconfirm them?
There is no sure-fire way just coz this stage is similar to icicle mountain it'll kick them out.
But I would love them to be!! :D

Chib, clear out you PM box please. I needa PM ya.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Rawr!
Why do you think that one vertically scrolling stage deconfirms the Ice Climbers? Do you happen to remember DK's first role ever? In some arcade game where you, you know, climb up platforms to reach him?
The Icies don't necessarily have the monopoly on vertically scrolling stages. That's like saying that Captain Falcon is deconfirmed thanks to Delfino Plaza.
I could well imagine an Icies level with steep glaciers at both sides and a few platforms inbetween. That sounds like it could be fun.

kin3tic-c4jun-3

Smash Ace
Sorry about the negative tone to this post, bu I am personally really PO'd about this update.

Not my kind of stage AT ALL, and It doesn't even look tournament legal. I also HATED icicle mountain - everyone did. Why is Sakurai making another one? To me, this will be the stage no one plays because it's just too random/annoying.

Not only this, but were given an update like 'This World...' for the entire weekend to think about, and instead of some kind of clarification, we get this.

A useless update for a useless level, where players with OP ariels can go nuts.

GG.

(100th, WOOOHOOO)

chiyo-chan' dad

Smash Ace
Yes, I would say that this new stage has taken over Icicle mountain, but I think Ice Climbers will get a new and better stage. Man, i'm hoping for the Ice Climbers.

2nd Stamp

Smash Ace
Alright, two things:

This stage doesn't at all mean the IC will be left out. In my oppinion that'd be a very bad choice. I myself semi-main the Ice Climbers, and so do countless others. There issn´t really a reason for leaving anyone out, and if that reason was popularity then my guess would be DK out of Brawl, since I don´t know many people who play with him, but you know what? That´s just the way it rolls. They stay in.

And my second point being the e-mails, I would really sound like an idiot asking, but I want to get rid of them. How?

-2nd

Blackadder

Smash Master
Alright, two things:

This stage doesn't at all mean the IC will be left out. In my oppinion that'd be a very bad choice. I myself semi-main the Ice Climbers, and so do countless others. There issn´t really a reason for leaving anyone out, and if that reason was popularity then my guess would be DK out of Brawl, since I don´t know many people who play with him, but you know what? That´s just the way it rolls. They stay in.

And my second point being the e-mails, I would really sound like an idiot asking, but I want to get rid of them. How?

-2nd
Emails:
God, I nearly shot my inbox cause of them.
Now, you have 2 options.
Don't sub up to threads.
BETTER option:
Go into your options, and turn "Email notification" to "No notification" or summat like that.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Turning off e-mail notifications in the options will only prevent future subscriptions.
You still have to click on List Subscriptions, further down on the left side, then deselect all threads you have e-mail notifications off for.

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
Not my kind of stage AT ALL, and It doesn't even look tournament legal. I also HATED icicle mountain - everyone did. Why is Sakurai making another one? To me, this will be the stage no one plays because it's just too random/annoying.
Well, not everyone is involved in competitive play, you doof. >_< Christ...

And yeah, I guess I am overreacting abit on this but ****it, Iceys are my favorite characters in the game. And with all these people saying that Iceys are leaving, it depresses me. I would hate to see them go.

And you be quiet, blackadder. Going off of your sig, you main Ganondorf, and he ***** all of my mains. ICs included. D:

Blackadder

Smash Master
I think Ice Clmbers will come back, but with all this talk about them going, it's getting me scared. Ice Clmbers ftw.
I don't give a **** if they come back or get the boot.
They always annoyed me, they really weren't that great.
But mabye if they come back, they'll be upped?

Fawriel

Smash Master
Awww, BA. What do you have against them? Do you really not like them because you found them weak? That's nonsense if you've ever seen Chu Dat play them. And how did they annoy you?
Personally, I love them. The concept of two cute little eskimos fighting together and defending each other and stuff is just too cute. ^^
The only reason I don't main them anymore is because... I mained them too much when I started playing and I kind of got tired of it. ^^;

Ice Climbers with improved Nana and nerfed chainthrows and less chibi anatomy for Brawl!

NukeA6

Smash Master
Nice looking stage but I dunno if it will be one of my favorites. I thought Onett was gonna be great but it turned out to be one of my least favorites.

I dunno why people are saying that the Ice Climbers are de-confirmed. Do they really need a vertical scrolling stage? What about a Mountain peak?

Blackadder

Smash Master
Awww, BA. What do you have against them? Do you really not like them because you found them weak? That's nonsense if you've ever seen Chu Dat play them. And how did they annoy you?
Personally, I love them. The concept of two cute little eskimos fighting together and defending each other and stuff is just too cute. ^^
The only reason I don't main them anymore is because... I mained them too much when I started playing and I kind of got tired of it. ^^;

Ice Climbers with improved Nana and nerfed chainthrows and less chibi anatomy for Brawl!
I need a comeback, fast.
Nope, looks like I got Pwnd.
I still hate them though, and I always, always, always will.:p

chiyo-chan' dad

Smash Ace
I don't give a **** if they come back or get the boot.
They always annoyed me, they really weren't that great.
But mabye if they come back, they'll be upped?
What? Their the only characters with two characters in the game, this means that they got the best grab combos, by far.

..... and yes they are so cute.

Ice Climbers for brawl!!!

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I so ****ing called this, I knew it would be completely unrelated to the last update and I guessed between items and stages.

Now bow down to me and adorn me with cookies!

kin3tic-c4jun-3

Smash Ace
Well, not everyone is involved in competitive play, you doof. >_< Christ...
It's not just from a tourney perspective.

With or without items, 1v1, 2v2, or FFA, the level looks gimped.

But unfortunately, it's still too early to draw definate conclusions..

On the flip side, at least this level wasn't a modification of Zelda, or any other game franchise we actually care about XD.. Sorry DK fans - low blow lol..

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion

Ah, an IC/Ylink main? By any chance do you also play Ness and/or Game and watch? We seem to have alot in common.

That is, aside from the bolded statement. They deserve to remain chibi. ^_^

As a side note: +cred to chiyo-chans dad. Azumangah rocks bawls. ^_^ Chiyo-dad for brawl! LOL

Fawriel

Smash Master
Hmm, I'm not an Icy main anymore... although all this talk makes me want to pick them up again.
I'm actually a Young Link/Luigi main, but I also love me some Ness indeed. I guess he can be considered a secondary. ^^

Of course, it all doesn't quite matter in the end because I suck at the game. XD

EDIT: Oh! And of course they must be chibi! Just.. less. A 3-heads ratio would be a nice size for them...I've drawn some pretty cute icies with those proportions.

Blackadder

Smash Master
Hmm, I'm not an Icy main anymore... although all this talk makes me want to pick them up again.
I'm actually a Young Link/Luigi main, but I also love me some Ness indeed. I guess he can be considered a secondary. ^^

Of course, it all doesn't quite matter in the end because I suck at the game. XD

EDIT: Oh! And of course they must be chibi! Just.. less. A 3-heads ratio would be a nice size for them...I've drawn some pretty cute icies with those proportions.
LIES, ALL LIES!!!!!
The Ice climbers have no place in Brawl...
Well..they do, but I don't like them...
I may like 'em if they get buffed for Brawl though.

...what's chibi?:urg:

Fawriel

Smash Master
This is chibi:

This is TOO chibi: http://pantransit.reptiles.org/images/1998-07-05/sdeva.jpg
( linked due to danger of bleeding eyes, proceed at own risk )

Also known as "super deformed" or just "SD" in milieus where you'd expect such lingo.
The proportions in the first image seem about right for the Icies, I think. Of course, the parkas will always make them fluffier than they'd already look.

Blackadder

Smash Master
This is chibi:

This is TOO chibi: http://pantransit.reptiles.org/images/1998-07-05/sdeva.jpg
( linked due to danger of bleeding eyes, proceed at own risk )

Also known as "super deformed" or just "SD" in milieus where you'd expect such lingo.
The proportions in the first image seem about right for the Icies, I think. Of course, the parkas will always make them fluffier than they'd already look.
LMAO
I laughed hard at that Faw. I seriously did.
Well, now that I know what chibi is, I can safley say I hate anything that is chibi.

chiyo-chan' dad

Smash Ace
I love the moves for the Ice Climbers, but I love the way they love each other, like in the melee intro, one of the Ice Climbers helps the other one from falling, and the fact that they are climbing the mountain to look for some bird.

THK

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheRedKirby
3DS FC
1005-9416-8042
Ah a stage that'll quickly get ignored. The only thing cool to come out of this is that Mario is climbing the ladder. o_o

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
But... they're fine just the way they are. :(

And Adder, Icey's are NOT weak. They're really good characters if you know how to use them properly(desynch, etc). I dunno what it is with characters like ICs and PEach being perceived as bad characters. Buffing Icey's would break the semblance of balance that they have. God, and people ***** about how they're broken now... >_>

[edit= Also, Fawriel, IC's proportions work in my opinion because their parkas add more width to them.]

I

i8waffles612

Ok update... Mario climbing a ladder lol.

I wonder how long it would take wario to climb it XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom