• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***What's going on with Smashbros.com?***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Del Money

Smash Champion
wow it got quiet for a bit...i was starting to think my profanity caused me to be on everyones ignore list or something...but yeah they did update the site with a DK stage (bad update...bad stage...sigh). try using Mozilla Firefox since IE likes guys anyways

RDK

Smash Hero
Yeah, Mozilla FTW lol.

wow it got quiet for a bit...i was starting to think my profanity caused me to be on everyones ignore list or something
Yeah, I hate those little dry spells we have...at one point it got so bad the other week I thought everyone from SWF had left and it was becoming a dead site. Then I looked at how many ppl were logged in. >_< It was like 500+, lol.

Del Money

Smash Champion
@ x4FoSho4x

you seen the update yet? and what the hell is a Smash director anyways? forgive my n00bishness

@RDK
*points at his Wii #*
no way in hell you got the first Wii. no fuc--*checking if mods are still here*--em no possible way you got it

RDK

Smash Hero
@ x4FoSho4x

you seen the update yet? and what the hell is a Smash director anyways? forgive my n00bishness
Smash Directors are people who host/direct Smash tourneys.

@RDK
*points at his Wii #*
no way in hell you got the first Wii. no fuc--*checking if mods are still here*--em no possible way you got it
Lol! I secretly snuck in on one of Sakurai's Brawl-discussion meetings, where I heard every single thing that would occur in the new game. Upon noticing my eavesdropping, Sakurai promised me the very first Wii and Wii #, and in return, he made me promise I would not reveal his secrets. ;)

Del Money

Smash Champion
Lol! I secretly snuck in on one of Sakurai's Brawl-discussion meetings, where I heard every single thing that would occur in the new game. Upon noticing my eavesdropping, Sakurai promised me the very first Wii and Wii #, and in return, he made me promise I would not reveal his secrets. ;)
lol that smells like bull**** hahahaha...i guess the your only reason for staying up late for the updates is to laugh at our stupidass n00b reactions hahaha

Zeela12

Smash Ace
New DK stage just like Icicle Mountain only much better (ladders, better graphics, cool stuff, waterfalls).

does this mean Icicle mountain won't be coming back? and since that is the Ice Climbers signature stage, does that also mean that duo won't be coming back?

discuss while I go cry a river.

Lemon Drop

Smash Lord
New DK stage just like Icicle Mountain only much better (ladders, better graphics, cool stuff, waterfalls).

does this mean Icicle mountain won't be coming back? and since that is the Ice Climbers signature stage, does that also mean that duo won't be coming back?

discuss while I go cry a river.
Your funny >_> (not really..)

People make assumptions a little to quickly.

kin3tic-c4jun-3

Smash Ace
The whole subject with Ice Climbers returning / not returning because of this new DK Stage is rediculous.

They look similar, otherwise they have nothing to do with each other.

Del Money

Smash Champion
Your funny >_> (not really..)

People make assumptions a little to quickly.
QFT

The whole subject with Ice Climbers returning / not returning because of this new DK Stage is rediculous.

QFT. and everyone said the clouds thing was dumb. this one takes the cake (right next to Sonic on the Bridge of Eldin)

Snakz

Smash Ace
Well Sakurai is sure to release a new character sometime this week, either MK/Snake or a returning character

I wonder who will show up this week...(MK! MK! MK!)

M.K

Level 55
Wow, that's right, we only have two more "already seen" characters to reveal, so that should be a treat when they get profiled.

New Characters FTW (apparently, most FTL on this forum :p)

Del Money

Smash Champion
Well Sakurai is sure to release a new character sometime this week, either MK/Snake or a returning character

I wonder who will show up this week...(MK! MK! MK!)
yeah he did release Kirby and Pika at the same time (even though they were blatantly both returners in the trailer)...why not release multiple characters at once regardless (yoshi & falcon FTW...i guess MK its cool too)

Del Money

Smash Champion
HOHOHOHO i had 666 for a post cost hahaha. oh and um...brawl updates FTW

EDIT: oh crap i double posted..um better make this important....

so yeah im still half-and-half about smake being unlockable. i mean i dont doubt he'll get a profile but would it be wiser to keep all 3rd parties unlockable? or wiser to just give us Snake since its no secret hes definitely in?

*Del Money for teh save*

M.K

Level 55
He'll be unlockable, and I don't mean he'll get unlocked. *passionate stare*

...I'll give everyone a minute to recooperate. *shuffles to corner*

Eight Sage

Smash Lord
in the range of 0.0.0.0 to 255.255.255.255

Yeah, but it makes sense, maybe the ice climber's stage changed? or maybe the ice climbers aren't at all?

...And the next character will be Yoshi or Luigi, remember this post! ;)

Eight Sage

Smash Lord
in the range of 0.0.0.0 to 255.255.255.255
Well, there's a now Captain Falcon-ish stage... and that doesn't mean that he's not gonna be on the game.
Don't worry, he would be, he was in Smash 64 and then in Melee, why he shouldn't be in Brawl?

On Topic: No one liked Ice climbers stage, it was very annoying, it didn't let you focus on the battle. Maybe DK's stage'll follow the same faith.

Toologist

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Toologist
3DS FC
0963-1281-8162
Captain Falcon's definitely a shoe-in, no doubt. The fact that Samurai Goroh uses Cappy's insignia makes it pretty obvious (not saying that Goroh's playable, I know he's an AT).

I like the stage a lot, and I have completely forgot about Jungle Beat ever existing, lol. I would think they were gonna reveal another DKC-esque stage for Mr. DK. My personal wish is that there would be a retro-DK stage with red girders and barrels and such. And Pauline, if you wanna throw in some eye-candy for your enjoyment.

blayde_axel

Smash Master
The only Dk series people liked... the original and the Country series. That's all we need. lol.

But it's an interesting stage... and I'm hoping we can get a focused cam on this stage.

AtticusFinch

Smash Journeyman
Well, there was a beanstalk in that one picture, so maybe you climb into the clouds to find the very top.

Any DK games that involves giatnts? O.o

Dragonboy2k4

Smash Ace
Wtf? :confused: Whoever saying that Ice Climbers are de-confirmed is jumping the gun a bit.Thats like saying "Up! Looks like Jigglypuffs out because at the website,I saw 2 newer generations of Pokemon coming out of the Pokeball!" or saying "Up! Luigi's out cuz Wario's a plumber,and hmm...Sakurai doesnt see that many toilets clogged this game,so umm,yeah,hes out,yeah,no proof needed there!" :psycho:

Some of you need to learn that assumptions dont always = outcomes,cuz if that was true,this game would have well over 1000+ characters by now.Theres nothing wrong with a little R&R while waiting for facts,or making guesses(wishlist).But saying something that isnt written in stone makes you look like your out looking for trouble.Sometimes you know,its just better not to say nothing at all even if it expresses your opinion,which you have every right to.

Anyway,The update better be off the Shty'nit tonight.Or Ill be hooked on the brothers(echo effect)...brothers...brothers...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTkuCXRZnyM :laugh:

Drik Khaail

Smash Ace
ummm, did any of the other smash games consist of climbing? I think weve witnessed a change in the gameplay...

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
1.Well said.

The people with high expectations can only be disappointed upon the release.

By being a realist, I can only be right/suprised!

ummm, did any of the other smash games consist of climbing? I think weve witnessed a change in the gameplay...
Maybe I should go double check the dojo again, but I thoguht it was essentially a new iteration of Icicle mountain. People would get OWNED in ladder lag.

EDIT: I take it back, Mario is quite clearly climbing a ladder. My bad.

WESTRON

Smash Rookie
you probably don't have to use the ladder to get up a level, maybe just an option to be cool, also if you climbed really fast it wouldn't be bad

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
I've been wondering, what if it jsut ends up being a neutral stage at the top? Or there are background characters like in the Animal Crossing one.

Del Money

Smash Champion
ok whew i have been gone for too long(like five days) so anyway. the dk stage looks cool, im not exactly too sure about the scrolling up thing, but it looks cool nonetheless. last fridays update has me confused though. what exactly is it? so other than that, did i miss anything?
jeez...where the **** have you been, ya *****-*** fool? so many flame wars you missed
People would get OWNED in ladder lag.
agreed. perhaps if they got hit twice, theyll get double owned...just like that skunk...
you probably don't have to use the ladder to get up a level, maybe just an option to be cool
true, but the coolness factor would go out the window once you realized youre the prime bo-bomb target

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
Especially since it seems like it only moves upwards, not downwards. I call it Icicle Mountain 2.0. Although I wouldn't entirely rule out downwards movement. Maybe jsut not as much, since there is a definite bottom and a definite top.

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
Wtf? :confused: Whoever saying that Ice Climbers are de-confirmed is jumping the gun a bit.Thats like saying "Up! Looks like Jigglypuffs out because at the website,I saw 2 newer generations of Pokemon coming out of the Pokeball!" or saying "Up! Luigi's out cuz Wario's a plumber,and hmm...Sakurai doesnt see that many toilets clogged this game,so umm,yeah,hes out,yeah,no proof needed there!" :psycho:
But Wario's not a plumber.... >.> He's a thief. >.>>>>>>>>

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
Speedsk8er tells it as it is. I can't believe I let that slip XD
Kudos for fact-fixing! Maybe he will steal the second plunger, leaving Luigi with no tools and Mario in his dominance again?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom