• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's behind your gamer tag?

Master Raven

Smash Master
I dislike flat soda lol

This name came from brainstorming random ideas for what was (and still is) originally going to be a music project. I thought Sonic was really cool and fitting word for such a project and I wanted to combine it naturally with something that was out of this world, then I thought of Ghost and I felt it was perfect. Sonic Ghost... music from another dimension.

But I also thought it'd make for a cool gamer tag, so I decided to go with that idea as well.

PolMex23

Smash Champion
My name has ALOT of meaning behind it...i dont feel like explaining now.

Its more than im polish and mexican + 23...

alot more

Player-3

Smash Hero
mine has alot more to do than my friend player-1 recruited me and my other friend to play barlw with him....

alot more..

T3h Albino

Smash Master
mines is simple
The Albino
im albino
but i didnt want just albino
and the albino sounds bland
so T3h Albino <----is just what i wanted

lamugi

Smash Lord
well back in middles school one of my close friends said i resembled a llama. He also said i look like luigi, sooooo he kinda just combined both of them, thus the name lamugi!

BEHR

Smash Hero
Im hispanic been called a wetback.

Saw a BEHR Paint Commercial and thats it.

Vts

Smash Champion
Very Terrible Smasher

but really its

Very Tasty Snow

basicly when i was younger i went out side and got the snow and added the snow cone flavor stuff and ate it when i wanted something to eat and had nothing else.

but its also

Very Terrible Speller cus i'm dyslexic

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
A friend of mine thought he had the cultural pull to invent an insult. One day, another friend invited me to a chat room and when I logged in, the first friend hit me with, "You're such a ph00tbag, man." I logged off and registered the sn. Ever since then, I've registered ph00tbag on any forum I've been on. I started going around as ph00tbag in Smash, too.

Of note, the spelling doesn't have very much leeway. I get riled up if the p is capitalized, or if there are o's instead of 0's. I get apoplectic if both things happen. If you are a TO for any tournament I'm at and do either or both, expect me to attack your tio window.

MaxDeUh

Smash Journeyman
Max De Uh is derived from the killer7 character Mask de Smith. My first name being Max, obviously. And I was sitting there thinking of a word to put on the end of De. And I kept saying, "Uhh...Mmm..Uhhhhhhhh....Uhh.Uhhhh...."

So I went with Uh.

Gerbil

Smash Champion
Gerbil:

Freshman year of high school (6 years ago) we were riding the school bus home. At this point my friends and I are bored, so we start jankin' on each other and callin' each other what we thought the other person looked like. I got told I looked like a gerbil. In fact, it stuck so well in their heads they changed my Halo profile from "Dredd" to "Gerbil." Everytime we passed HW up from the back to front, they'd erase my first name and put "Gerbil" instead. After awhile, it stuck. It stuck so well, that they paid me to get it on my license plate, and it's even on my class ring for memories sake.

So yeah. 6 years running. : )

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
My username is my alias on most forums.

However, my Brawl tag, RUPEE, is because of... *points to avatar* MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Zoro

Smash Champion
I like the anime One Piece and i am unoriginal

My first tagname was HxC luffy but i thought it didnt sound right HxC means hardcore thank god i didnt cuz theres already a link player called hardcore BO! in orlando lol
then kaze like kazekage from naruto then hige like what sawachika calls harima in school rumble, hige means beard in japanese

then i was like screw it i am horrible with names so i entered my first tourney as zoro
and i cant get rid of it lol

other names i use for various forums and accounts

samurai_lord_x ..most unoriginal name ive ever heard so far
Normajean_xx... name of a band i used to like alot

OmniOstrich

Smash Lord
So me and my buddies played competitive counter-strike source, and lets face it the point of your name in that game is to sound stupid and embarass anyone you beat.

So we go OstrichDeity SupremeOstrich OmniOstrich and Ostrich Commando, and we have always used these names in games that aren't RPGs.

Also Scrubs is amazing, and the ostrich episode is made of win.

GA Peach

Smash Lord
my SWF name - i couldn't think of a name, so I just put my state and what character i played. no joke.

my SRK name - i like Type-Moon stuff a lot, and Nanaya Shiki is my favorite character from Tsukihime, so my tag i normally go by, if i don't just sign up as Marty, is Nanaya Shiki...

XIF

Smash Master
ZOMG Duluth, GA mostly... sometimes Weston, FL
Oh what a history

Now for the abridged version

XIF=X-Infested Falcon

=my tag from gamefaqs

=from idea as a 14 yearold

X= X parasite from Metroid Fusion

Falcon= Captain Falcon

Captain Falcon = YEHS!

parasites=infect people.

my tag-X-Infested Falcon

my embarassment=changed it when I came here.

end.

Gerbil

Smash Champion
So me and my buddies played competitive counter-strike source, and lets face it the point of your name in that game is to sound stupid and embarass anyone you beat.

So we go OstrichDeity SupremeOstrich OmniOstrich and Ostrich Commando, and we have always used these names in games that aren't RPGs.

Also Scrubs is amazing, and the ostrich episode is made of win.
Heh. This reminds me of a Halo tourny I went to a longggg time ago; it was a different type; a 4v4v4. Weird ruleset and all (I won though... errr my team won haha) but we came across a team with a weird little thing behind them...

They were the Breakfast Club, and their tags were: Immortal Waffle, Immortal Toast, Immortal Pancakes, and Immortal Juice. EDIT: I remembered what their full tags were, so I just edited them in XD.

Anyways, they took it so seriously, that they brought a Waffle from Waffle House, prayed to it, and "sacrificed" the waffle for good luck in the tournament. XD. They still got wrecked LOL.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
KB, an abbreviation for King Beef.

It's just an inside joke between friends but you're welcome to perceive it as a sexual reference. :p

MikeSanti

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4871-5242-9800
My tag in brawl is STFU!, and while playing at Valencia, someone said "Whose Sta-Fu?" and I replied "Um, you mean S T F U ?" Soon enough the name sunk in, and StaFu was born.

Will_

Smash Journeyman
My name is will but will was already taken so I just added an underscore.

QDVS

BRoomer
BRoomer
Mine is a middle school inside joke:

So basically in 7th grade I had one of those mean, stuck up Algebra teachers!!!

One day my friend, Andrew Brestel, told her off/cursed her out, because she kept implying he wasn't trying hard enough, since he was not doing well, when he simply was just not that good at math!!!

He gets detention, and I go to lunch like normal that day...then he gets out of detention and comes to the lunch table!!!

I congratulate him on telling that ***** off, because we've all wanted to at some point, and I said he should now be known as Queen Brestel...Queen just as a joke, so it's not King and Brestel is his last name!!!

Then sometime later that year I noticed he always wore DVS shoes, so I said he should be called QueenDVS!!!

Then when I made an account on gamefaqs, I used that name and that is how my name came about!!!

Now whenever people ask me in person, or on the boards I'm just going to direct them to this topic!!!

:colorful:

Fizz-sama

Smash Ace
Back when playing Pokemon Red or Blue, I dunno, I just named myself Mr. Fizz. It stuck for a while, but I didn't like adding the "Mr." Made me feel old. >_> Eventually just added the "-sama" part so, ya' know...I can feel like a divine being? Didn't wanna' be Fizz-kun.

BBQ°

Smash Champion
I came up with my name around the time when "lol", "wtf", "omg", etc were used obsessively. It got really annoying when you tried having a conversation with people and they only responded using those words. Then, I saw the video in my sig "lolwtfomgbbqm8", and I thought it was really funny to add "BBQ" along with lol, omg, and wtf.

So really, my name is pronounced "B-B-Q" and not "barbeque", because my name is supposed to be the abbreviation and not the real thing. Surprisingly enough, all of the tournaments I've been to so far have pronounced my name correctly. But I'm not one of those people to get pissed of you call me barbeque. I'm not even a big fan of barbeque :p

Hawks go Caw

Smash Ace
My name is Jaime, but my Chinese name is Hok-Ming. Hawk-Ming. Friends call me Hawk. Hawk is unoriginal. What describes a hawk? Well, they go Caw. So HawksGoCAW! is normally what I use now.

Either that or SolidBeatdown because SolidBeatdown sounds friggin' awesome. I think I saw it in a Sentinel Combo Video . . . .

Ganons Pride

Smash Rookie
Mine is a middle school inside joke:

So basically in 7th grade I had one of those mean, stuck up Algebra teachers!!!

One day my friend, Andrew Brestel, told her off/cursed her out, because she kept implying he wasn't trying hard enough, since he was not doing well, when he simply was just not that good at math!!!

He gets detention, and I go to lunch like normal that day...then he gets out of detention and comes to the lunch table!!!

I congratulate him on telling that ***** off, because we've all wanted to at some point, and I said he should now be known as Queen Brestel...Queen just as a joke, so it's not King and Brestel is his last name!!!

Then sometime later that year I noticed he always wore DVS shoes, so I said he should be called QueenDVS!!!

Then when I made an account on gamefaqs, I used that name and that is how my name came about!!!

Now whenever people ask me in person, or on the boards I'm just going to direct them to this topic!!!

:colorful:
Any background on the "!!!" and ":colorful:" ?

Top Bottom