• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What was the highest stakes money match in melee history?

Anth0ny

Smash Master
I forgot I actually won a $160 money match in Smash 64 a few years back. Kinda. Some guy in high school thought he was good at Smash because he bodied everyone at his work or something. So I mm'd him $20. He just wanted a best of 1. So be it.

I bodied him with Captain Falcon. He says double or nothing. I body him with Fox. Double or nothing again. I body him with Link... you get the idea. He couldn't accept that I was better than him for some reason. So at $80, I offered him double or nothing, and that he could pick my character and I'd take 4 stocks off out of 5. I was laughing my *** off at this point and didn't really care about the money so I said sure.

He chose my character... KIRBY. I up tilted him to hell and 5 stocked him on only 1 stock. $160 the next day. Glorious.

Battlecow

Play to Win
or because melee > smash64
Typical s2j, hating on 64 just 'cause we shunned him for having a BMI of 25.

It's not happening btw, the guy went a little nuts and started threatening to beat me up, then said that he wasn't going to do it because he didn't know if he could refrain from beating me up if he lost.

Mahie

Smash Lord
My MM was only like 2€ and yeah, Cyr is much better than me lol. Then again, battlecow, I've never really been active in the 64 boards.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Yugioh gets pretty intense too. People were playing for other people's binders, which were in the double digits at times.

D

Deleted member

Typical s2j, hating on 64 just 'cause we shunned him for having a BMI of 25.

It's not happening btw, the guy went a little nuts and started threatening to beat me up, then said that he wasn't going to do it because he didn't know if he could refrain from beating me up if he lost.
lol at personal insult after I posted absolutely uninsulting ****

i got skinnier btw (^ ^)-b

SSBMLahti

Smash Lord
You're all ****ing trolls jesus can we not have some serious posters in the Melee forums?

Hax

Smash Champion
kinda pathetic that $50 MM's are so out of ordinary for such a hype game. melee needs more high stakes MM's

Meljin

Smash Apprentice
I have done a 100€ moneymatch yesterday. I was at 1stock 90%, my friend at 2stocks 0%, he paused and said : " I bet 100€ you can't win that match"

Usually, I can 3 stock him easily, but he's Marth and I'm Fox.
Fox - Dashdancing
Marth - Random grabbing
Fox - Teching
Marth - Random F-smashing
Fox - Failing DI because of the dashdance
Fox - Dying
Meljin - Giving 100€

:(

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Yugioh gets pretty intense too. People were playing for other people's binders, which were in the double digits at times.
Quoting this to say, I meant to type that binders were at times worth several thousand, LOL. Not double-digits. Derp.

@Zoler: The Stack makes MTG kinda ****ty TBQH.

Top Bottom