• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What was the highest stakes money match in melee history?

Meljin

Smash Apprentice
Yugioh is a children card game ?
Even if I'm really thinking that Melee is the deepest game ever made, Yugioh has some strategies, even mindgames, and is really interesting to play.
And Nordic deck FTW.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Iunno, I know teenage players who are confused by rules like the difference between negate and destroy, chaining, "this card cannot be special summoned except by...", etc...
Really? Then they must be ********, I used to play Magic when i was 10-11 and it's definitely more complicated than the card games in the current times. Everything is dumbed down in 2011.

Zoler

Smash Ace
Really? Then they must be ********, I used to play Magic when i was 10-11 and it's definitely more complicated than the card games in the current times. Everything is dumbed down in 2011.
Magic is more complicated nowadays than 10 years ago.

Also most YGO players I see are in the age of 12-15 while most Magic players are around 18-40.

Says something about the games, maybe?

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Magic is more complicated nowadays than 10 years ago.

Also most YGO players I see are in the age of 12-15 while most Magic players are around 18-40.

Says something about the games, maybe?
Umm I was refering to everything, everything is dumbed down! Everything is too easy now!!

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
Wellll... SF 4 is pretty damn hard.. lol.
Have you played 3rd Strike before?

You might be also be able to argue that Marvel 3 is easier, but Marvel 2 was kind of an accident. I still don't like Marvel 3's control scheme though :\

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Yes I did, But SF games in general are pretty easy to understand.. I mean the basics of it. But all the advanced and little things that makes you a top player is ridiculously hard to understand.. I'm saying to reach the top of any game.. it is really hard.. All fighting games have their own little things.

Dimitris

Smash Ace
Someone do a $250 MM, and you have a record to your name. :pimp:

APEX is coming up...

Top Bottom