• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What was the first game you played, and at what age?

Steck

Smash Journeyman
Toy Story for the Game Boy when I was 5
my second game was DK country for the Game Boy

Rew

Smash Journeyman
Super Mario Bros., age 8. (This was the summer of 1989 for those keeping score at home.)

I only played it because it was available for play at the after-school program I had to attend over the summers when I was a kid. It wouldn't be until a year or two later that I owned an NES and my first game, which at that time was Super Mario Bros. 3 (which still reigns to this day as my favorite NES game ever).

D

Deleted member

Not counting educational games, the first game I played (but not neccessarily owned) was...

...Wolfenstein. You gotta love shooting Nazis and dogs!
I'm not joking.

Ganon007

Smash Cadet
Ohh man I will never forget it. I went to the store with my parents and walked by the electronics section, thats where i played Super Mario World. Man that game blew me away! I was around 7 at the time and thats what sparked my love for video games.

L 17

Smash Apprentice
Super mario world, age 2. My whole family played it all the time. Playing that game is one of my first memories all together.

Switch FC
SW 1721 4573 3132
I played Sonic and Tails for the Sega Genesis at like 4. Then got a new system lol and played Super Mario 3, Ice Climber and Tetris...lol ^^

MetaZone

Smash Cadet
When I was only 2, I played:

1. Warcraft 1 - Orcs and Humans (PC)
2. Super Mario Brothers (NES)
3. Ice Climbers (NES)

ahh.. good memories :)

D

Deleted member

Geez i can't remember, It was either Ape Escape for PS1, Toy Story 2 for PS1, or Super Mario Land: 6 Golden Coins all at age 4

ThreeX

Smash Lord
I don't remember the age.. but I do remember playing super mario bros. as child, real young.. but i won't count that. The first game I actually GOT INTO, was Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, one of the best games..ever :] for the SNES. I had just got the SNES for x-mas, and that was my first game. I still remember the first time I put it in, my dad had said I would like it cause it was sword fighting etc, and I was intantly complaining saying "where is my sword? why don't I have one?"

but err, why am I typing a life-story over here... hah, nice thread though.

Scott!

Smash Lord
Probably it's Sonic Spinball, which came packed with my Genesis I got for Christmas when I was like 5 or so. Though we did have an old computer with stuff on it before that, but Sega was my first console.

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
^^lol Ninja Gaiden 2 is looking soo good.

First game ever was Super Mario World.

First game I ever bought for the first Xbox was Test Drive:).

Keyy

Smash Apprentice
The first Prince of Persia on a 286. No idea how old, my memory sucks.

Also I'm not going to believe those people who have like a Samus main icon and say their first game was Metroid. Mario is an exception.

MetaZone

Smash Cadet
Hey I forget one game! When i was little I played old first Worms game with my friend. I think we were 3 ages old. Gotta love that game. I still play it on Dosbox.

Plazma

Smash Apprentice
Don't know for sure the very first one, but the earliest games I can recall playing were super mario bros 3 for the nes, duck hunt, bugs bunny's birthday blowout, and a few others

Top Bottom