• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What type of stratgery do you use against lvl 9 AI's

XienZo

Smash Lord
Apparently, the Samus AI is programmed to camp at times, but it doesn't check if you've had a reflector up for the last ten seconds.

zeldspazz

Smash Master
If you spam the super missile with Samus against a ROB, it will never be able to approach you and it never shields it (at least mine never does, literally NEVER)

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
I take Snake, bait the AI to the edge of the stage, then dthrow them until I get too bored (They usually always roll towards the edge, so you get a free grab when they do. Just make sure you're not TOO close to the ledge, or else they'll just drop to the ledge).

Tidal

Smash Apprentice
I'm not good enough to be able to beat them consistently, but when I use my main (Dedede) I usually play defensive, I get thrashed but sometimes land a hit, and in Dedede's case one hit is enough to gain the advantage again, and I beat them barely just because he hits so hard when he does.

Nixernator

Smash Ace
Pick MK, abuse transcendental priority/Invincible grounded shuttle loop. 3 stock computers while only taking 10%.
Thats pretty much the only times I do play computers.

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
Spamming projectiles eg TL, Falco,
They pretty much always recover the same so gimp
They always seem to get hit my MKs fair

Just keep your distance/space well, they're notorious for power shielding close-combat

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i play them like im playing a person so its more challenging LOL

except i dont do really gay stuff cuz they take baits really easily. so its like a person that im going easy on haha. i usually just let them do stuff so that i can learn spacing and what works

lvl 9 pikachu and lvl 9 peach w/ their mixups and reads TOO GOOD! they dont take baits as easily as other comps

altairian

Smash Lord
I hit random buttons and win. I had trouble with them at first till I realized the computer pretty much always prioritizes dodging.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
lvl 9 pikachu and lvl 9 peach w/ their mixups and reads TOO GOOD! they dont take baits as easily as other comps
CPUs with good air control will literally cross you up to poke you with an aerial, then cross you up again to land. CPU jiggs do this all the time, and it wigs me out.

Brado

Smash Lord
People can't have a little fun? there are lots of other useless threaads in tactical (or ones that could just go into the Q&A thread)
I think this thread would fit in much better in General Brawl, thats my opninion. Tactical threads normally have something to do with the metagame, and CPU's don't have anything to do with it.

GreenFox

Smash Ace
I don't even play against the AI you have to play completely different it makes you worse against actualy people

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
if u watch m2k pract against a comp u become better just by watching lol!

its just u gota have a whole diff mindset. its against a comp after all.... nibs

VodkaHaze

Smash Journeyman
NNID
VodkaHaze58
I don't pummel much because they escape grabs earlier than most human players. They usually jump or roll up a ledge, so I rarely shield or prepare an attack at a ledge. Plus, I rarely attack while they are hanging on, since they stay there for a short time, they escaped unharmed.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
If you're training against CPUs, 9's aren't even really worth fighting. You want to be practicing spacing and timing, and those kinds of knowledge will not beat 9's, because they have better timing than you for sure (hint: they cheat), and they probably have better spacing than you.

If you want to train spacing, anywhere from five to seven is best, because they won't super cheat, but they'll also punish you for stupid mistakes like shield grabbing a floaty or misspacing an aerial.

They're also beasts at edgeguarding. It's almost scary.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
You know that when they get offstage, they recover like any other CPU regardless of level, they don't know how to get rid of good edgeguarders/gimpers very well.
Yeah, it takes some imagining, like pretending a badly spaced aerial would've been punished in such a way by a player, so then you have to work on getting back momentum on something that in the situation vs. a CPU you normally wouldn't and then it gets messily theoretical...

Top Bottom