• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What to do to a sleeping Puff

ChaosNoobSlayer

Smash Cadet
Q: What are the best moves with all the char to do to a puff that missed a Rest?
Is laser spam to upsmash a good one if your fox?

A: Jab as a sign of disrespect and continue to **** them.

edgeluca

Smash Lord
NNID
Edgeluca
3DS FC
2879-0257-1267
A few better options for samus:
at low % (0-60): dair fully charged shot
60-80: grab, couple pummels, dthrow fully charged shot
80+: They'll die by fully charged shot either way, so do a swd fully charge shot :)
If you're winning by like 2 or 3 stock: SWD into a jab

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Puff can actually ASDI down and ground herself from the Dair at 0. But the chance of follow (with a Ganon move) is probably worth the slight percent disparity of it and Warlock Punch / U-tilt.
You're right, I forgot about that lol. A lot of puffs forget to do that. If you were able to land the techchase with another dair you can usually get a uair afterward. 54% is a pretty solid punish.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
If you could land the tech chase with another Dair and got a Fair/Bair that's like actually 60% which is completely bonkers.

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
let me see for M2 it's either a charged D-Smash or F-smash (At the sweetspot fully charged it's actually not total garbage.), or a fully charged Shadowball. U-throw if they're @ high enough % (95% on FD lol).

for a DK Giant Punch, for everyone else... just kill it i guess...

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
Ness - PK Flash : )

Young Link. Depending on damage. if High, charge a downsmash or a fsmash (careful to miss the first hit and only hit the 2nd, I think that works lol) and of course dair if the opportunity is there. Down Tilt into something may be viable, not positive.

For more complicated measures, throw a boomerang far away. Pull a bomb. Jump and toss bomb down, boomer hits them, and you dair them. Timing is mega strict but it's... ****ing cool.

Link can probably do something like that too.

Bowser - Fsmash right?
Luigi... Up B? Or maybe light nair into something for damage?
Mewtwo... meh. Charge Shadow Ball. Probably better off using charged downsmash to hit though. Not positive. Why the **** would you be doing this matchup LOL
Game and Watch... You could always pray for a nine, but a charged up/forward smash is probably the way to go.

stabbedbyanipple

Smash Master
Does not work though, CCrest>that
Phantom Dsmash doesn't wake her up though right?

I assume what he meant was just phantom Dsmashing a bunch so it wouldn't wake her up but would still pile on the damage like it's not even fair (and it really wouldn't be LOL)

Oh and reverse up B with roy if no one has mentioned that yet lol

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
You can SDI during phantom hits so she's SDI into the phantom D-smash and then take like 19% and that would be the end of it.

Magus420

Smash Master
You can only SDI if you're already in a knockback/tumble animation so you can't while asleep. Thing is though, you can't rapid phantom d-smash Jiggs anyway because unlike a sandbag she moves around while napping.

LLDL

Smash Hero
This is what I do to sleeping puffs

Falco: charged fsmash or upsmash
Fox - laser spam about ten times then charged upsmash
ganondorf - uptilt, don't miss
jiggs- rest, don't miss
falcon- falcon punch him
luigi - up b?

The rest of them i don't have anything lol.

Pi

Smash Hero
samus theory if you have a FCS already
lay two bombs
the first too far away to hit jiggs
the 2nd close enough to hit her when it explodes, but not on impact
after you get popped up from the first bomb go behind her, shoot a missile on the way down, cancel it into the charged shot
IN MY HEAD SHE'LL GET HIT BY THE BOMB, THEN THE MISSILE & CHARGE SHOT

In reality though I just shffmc into charged shot.

john!

Smash Hero
With Peach, I'll throw a turnip up and charge an fsmash, then when the turnip hits Puff I immediately fsmash.

You can even catch them off guard and do dtilt -> they fly up and hit the turnip -> you uair or nair for the kill.

And of course freaking ArcNatural closed yet another potentially great thread.

VGmasta

Smash Lord
Yeah, Doc can get 4 capes (5 if he's really quick) in on Jiggs while she's resting and then f-smash or f-air her away.

If you're looking to kill Jiggs from 0%, try 4 or 5 capes to put Jiggs at about 50-ish%. Then, grab -> d-throw -> SH up-air -> FH f-air.

If Jiggs does have less than 40% by the time she wakes up, then just d-throw -> as many aerials as you can to rack up damage.

slartibartfast42

Smash Lord
Or you could
1. throw up a turnip (hopefully a dotface, stitchface, or bob-omb)
2. roll to the other side of Jigglypuff
3. get closer to Jigglypuff?
4. Charge usmash
5. the turnip will knock Jigglypuff into your charging usmash and she'll probably die.

I've seen someone post this once, but I've never tested this.
4% APR told me this during a peach/jiggs match in tournament XD. I wasn't confident enough to try it, so I just fsmashed instead.

Also, falcon should taunt before the falcon punch if the punch is going to kill, but he can also use that time to push jigglypuff closer to the killzone by walking into her...

PB&J

Smash Hero
when jiggs is at 0 i do diff things sometimes

sometime i laser up tilt up air to up air

sometimes i laser up tilt bair ,bair ..wait for them to throw out a move then grab up throw up air

but my fav and i woudnt recommend it unless u can read there rolls

i laser down throw tech chase down throw tech chase up throw up air and that should kill puff but its risky if u miss the timing of the tech chased grab

any sometimes i do the ken combo- laser drill up throw up air up air

MCSR

Smash Apprentice
Doc: Cape till just before wakeup then charge that f-smash. Depending on percent, KO is either achieved or imminent.

Kason Birdman

Smash Champion
me and my partner have a 0 - death combo on jiggs in case she misses a rest at 0%... just for dubs though.. its pree deass n' stuff

Violence

Smash Lord
With Samus, I think you can lay a bomb above and behind Jiggs, float to the other side of her, missile cancel, charged shot, so that the missile hits into the bomb, and then the charged shot hits.

I haven't tested it with awesome DI though.

Top Bottom