• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What stage do you NEVER/least play on?

hdrevolution123

Smash Ace
I have a few least used ones. They are
New Pork City
Mushroomy Kingdom
Big Blue (vaguely)
DK Falls
75m
Frigate Orpheon

These all suck in general as stages

marthsword

Smash Ace
Excluding the obvious ones (New Pork, 75m, Mario Bros., Mushroomy Kingdom I & II, Rumble Falls, and the Melee stages) that's a tie between some of them.

I forget that Mario Circuit exists, so I don't end up playing it, but it's a poor stage, so I wouldn't anyway. I used to play on Halberd, but it's pretty ugly and not too fun anyway. Pokemon Stadium 2 I never play on, simply because it's inferior to the first one, because of the wind tunnels it has. Spear Pillar is just annoying, and you're stuck inside the tunnel most of the time so KO's don't work properly. And Skyworld, I used to play on, but I feel it's too annoying now.

My favorite stages in terms of gameplay (shame the first two are banned) would be Summit, Warioware, and Delfino. Summit is the most beautiful stage bar none, and simply for that. Warioware is actually incredible fun for casual matches if you get over how unfair it is and actually play the microgames. Delfino is incredibly relaxing with the combination of stage design and the music (mostly the music).

zeldspazz

Smash Master
I hate the summit and rainbow cruise (i think its called that)
Edit: forgot about big blue =P

Kirbythebanshee

Smash Rookie
i usually pick random every time, unless i'm in a serious battle (close to never)
i got to say i really hate flat zone 2 tho. I always die at the zookeeper part.
i also hate all metroid stages.

terry12312

Smash Rookie
hate new pork, it's big and boring. I like warioware for the minigames, temple because of the enclosed space down left because it's funny to see someone getting smashed and bouncing around for an hour and I love mario bros and the expression on peoples faces when they get ko'd by a freaking blue turtle, norfair+footstool jumps ftw, although I only play those stages when it's my birthday when a few friends are at my house or when I'm in bad luck when playing online with anyone. But I really like the menu stage.

Bob Jane T-Mart

Smash Ace
My least favorite stage would be 75m it is so annoying, those little springs kill you. I wonder what the guy who made it was thinking of when he made it. I also hate New Pork City, it is so big. You have trouble trying to get from one side of the stage to the other. Those stages would be my least played

Contrary to most other people, I like temple, and it like my third most played stage. I'm not alone all my friends like it to. This is probably because we don't use ******** tactics on it. Eg. running away with Sonic. We actually play properly on Temple.

Tomkraven

Smash Journeyman
Every banned stage sucks... i just play in neutrals and counterpicks. Although i really really hate PS1 and PS2

migas140

Smash Rookie
New Pork City just plain sucks. Too big. I don't like Temple and Mario Bros. too.

Akiomaru

Smash Rookie
Uhm, any banned ones since I'm a tourny player. New Pork is fkin annoyingly huge too. I've seen Ness Pro there brefore.. and Lucas. Only ones who can it seems.. >.>

MaskD

Smash Rookie
I hate new pork and hannebow but another kinda bad stage is pikmin cuz of the ****ty music and its 2 small (no homo) also uhh mushroomy kingdom aint my fave either...

Aliel

Smash Rookie
New Pork and Hanenbow, cause I don't know how to swim. And New Pork is weird.

Ricky

Smash Journeyman
Flat Zone 2, Green Hill Zone, 75 m, Mario Bros, Mushroomy Kingdom, Rumble Falls, Mario Circuit, and Distant Planet.

In all seriousness, I just love playing stages that don't involve hazards hitting you/messing you up or having to fasten the pace. If I didn't mention others I'm pretty fond of them.

Slasherx

Smash Ace
When I play competive I choose FD or Battle field.
For fun everything except Porky town, Flatzone2, Sonic level and the tree place with giant leaf.

Atria

Smash Journeyman
The new brawl stages I NEVER play on are New Pork City, Mario Bros and Sky World.

I dislike NPC because of the ridiculously high ceiling it has and for another fact that people can tech off the walls and live to ungodly %'s. Also I hate it when people select this stage on Wi-Fi and then they just run away. When that happens, you're practically done for. With Mario Bros. the only way to get a sure KO is to use the enemies that come out of the pipes. Also if you play on this stage for long enough, the enemies will eventually be at their strongest when they change into their 3rd color from attacks and fireballs will begin flying around in many directions which is just too much of a hassle for me to be constantly worrying about. As for Sky World, I find myself getting KO'd rather easily especially if the character I'm using has a subpar recovery.

As for the melee stages, I dislike Yoshi's Island, Jungle Japes and Temple.

I dislike Yoshi's Island because for most of the fight, you are either fighting on a slant which makes it hard for me to attack enemies or on perfectly flat ground which isn't wide which makes me feel crowded. Also, I sometimes fall through the blocks to my death before I even realize it happening sometimes. As for jungle japes, again the stage isn't wide which makes me feel like I'm fighting in a crowded area once again. Also, about 20% of the time you land in the water, you'll die. With temple, I dislike it for the same reason like for NPC. However, the ceiling isn't as tall as the one in NPC.

Therefore, that's why I never play on the stages I mentioned above.

Lemonwater

Smash Ace
Ugh

Skyworld, Hyrule Temple, Big Blue, Rumble Falls, 75m, Mario Bros., Hanebow, Onett

Lex Crunch

Smash Journeyman
Hard to say; I really like most of them. But if I had to pick any that I detest, it'd probably be Yoshi's Island (small, and screws up Ganny's rising down aerials) and Lylat Cruise (VERY VERY distracting backdrop).

Top Bottom