• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

what sort of playstyle do you use?

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
I use a brutal, non-stop, unsafe aggression playstyle which seems to only work with Sheik.

Honestly, with Sheik, I can find openings for attack that I can't even find when I use Falco, Diddy, or MK.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
Pit: I spam arrows, so people who aren't accustomed to fighting me will go like, "oh, he's a Pit n00b", then I go all aggressive. I try to mimic Kupo's playstyle, but thankfully, more than enough of my own playstyle is apparent, so it is a unique playstyle overall.

Black_Heretic

Smash Lord
Wolf...versatility is what I love...that's why I main him
RANDOM FTW

and though my thing says I main Snake, i use Lucario for the most part and I love his versatility, I camp, go aggro, and play it safe all in one match usually. Also, it depends a lot on who you're playing against, not just playing as.

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
There can't really be a certain playstyle for all characters. Different characters have different ideal styles, which is why you have to predict what a character will do to win rather than the player.

Oh and btw, I main Kirby, so I prefer the air.

D

Deleted member

I main Ike, so as a professional user, i try to get in close with my enemys before they get away. Of course, i use some of Ike's faster moves (bair, side B) to help out my Ike. That's just me using Ike though. Other times, i rack up damage with projectiles (Link, Falco, PT, and Pika) and finish them off later.

WoapGang

Mighty Soul of Woapgang
3DS FC
3411-2904-8277
For me it depends on the character.

One of my favorites is Diddy Kong, because his defensive strategy is pretty straight forward.
Keep Banana's on the field, use often, attack when necessary, etc

Barge

All I want is a custom title
Im aggressive, trying to learn a defensive character,(zelda) which isn't working out too well

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
There can't really be a certain playstyle for all characters. Different characters have different ideal styles, which is why you have to predict what a character will do to win rather than the player.

Oh and btw, I main Kirby, so I prefer the air.
You're doing it wrooong. If you really preferred the air, you'd main Falco. :chuckle: Hah, just kidding...

I dunno... When I'm Ness, I play aggressively, but I'm more agile with Lucas, so I use him as a sort of defensive character. If I'm fighting Snake I just Self-Destruct. I refuse to give my opponent the satisfaction of KOing me.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
Depends entirely on the match-up. If I'm playing a character who can't deal with projectiles, I'll camp 'em out with ROB/Lucario/Samus, and if its someone who can camp back, I'll just rush 'em.

mariofanpm12

Smash Ace
I play defense and offense.

How so, you ask?

Well, I usually didge attacks and whatnot until my opponent makes a punishable mistake, and then I go aggresive.

Great tactic for Ganon!

But I'm more agressive with my Marth

gsninja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
gsninja
3DS FC
5455-9389-5386
Switch FC
1284 3127 1819
My strategies are almost always aerial. I go for an aerial hit-and-run approach with the fast characters like Marth and Sheik. With slower characters (i.e. Ike), I'm still very aerial with them, which is a habit I'm trying to break, seeing as I'm so used to speedy characters that can do well in midair.

AntiC

Smash Journeyman
Depends on the character i'm using, if i'm using d3 i play patient, block projects and wait for shieldgrabs, continue with the chaingrab -> ftilt. With kirby i do the same thing and (hope to) pull off a gonzo combo for a quick 40%, then play patiently again. waiting for shield grabs / spacing myself to punish.

PMKNG

Smash Ace
NNID
GalickGon
idk
someone has said I have a "staller" play style since I use pk fire to get people stuck.
besides that I mainly try to be a bit more aggresive than defensive

smallwolf24

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0834-2422-8954
I'm a extreme dodger at first and start to analyze my foe to understand how he/she works. Then I switch my style according to who I'm fighting. I wouldn't say that I'm a camper, Aggresive, or Defensive. I try to be a mix of all of them but sometimes it depends on my character I use. but my nature I fight as if it was my last life people say I'm hard to kill when I have that mentality and my reaction is quicker and more brutal than usual.

Korea4ever

Smash Cadet
depends who I'm fighting against. If it's Ike, I usually wait, but if it's falco, I try to close the gap and get him off the stage as fast as possible. i fail against toon link for some reason though x_x

ChronoPenguin

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4253-4494-4458
If im Ganondorf: I put on a monacle, a top hat and begin sipping Tea, I then allow them to come to me and I either punish or get sent flying backwards.

if Im yoshi: LEEEEEEEEROOOOOOOY JEEEEEEENNNNKIIIINNNSSSSS!!!!

that basically explains how I play yoshi..

Raidein

Smash Cadet
I 'm aggressive with all my fighers but with Diddy I am a beast. I'm the kind of fighter that likes to use all of character's moveset and I never spam unless absolutelty neccessary.

RedSnowman

Smash Apprentice
My playstyle has been changing some. I main Zelda and I used to just be a spacing mind game playstyle. I'm still one of the most patient players ever and I have a slow patient play style and I approach on occasion, but when it comes to edgegame Zelda has so many ways she can kill/punish/gimp from her uair, b/fairs, dair, and even her nair on occasion that she can really mix things up. Plus due to her teleport range I've developed a fairly agressive off the stage play recently.

camstar57

Smash Rookie
i main pit so i arrow spam to build up damage and get a KO in when the time is right ... doesnt work too well against lucario though

I play aggressively in EVERY game I play. Although, the only really good character for overwhelming your opponent is MetaKnight (>.<).

M15t3R E

Smash Master
My playstyle has gradually changed as I gained more experience. I was never a camper, nor a spammer. However, I used to be so aggressive that I barely knew how to defend myself.

Now I'm mostly aggressive (maybe 60% aggressive, 40% defensive), but I have honed my instincts to the point that I can stop on a dime to switch to defensive maneuvers in wait of my opponent to let down their guard.

Top Bottom